It's a gamer-pretends-to-be-a-professional-video-editor-to-justify-his-windows-installation episode

>it's a gamer-pretends-to-be-a-professional-video-editor-to-justify-his-windows-installation episode

Other urls found in this thread:

linux.org/threads/i-have-autism-and.7412/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wut

>it's a op brags about how many dicks he can fit in his mouth episode

Alot of windows users who use windows installation for the sole purpose of gaming, knowing well that any respectable rig can run that shit via wine, will often install video editor and tell themselves they need to keep windows because they "edit video"

But wouldn't gaming already justify his Windows installation you fucking cuck?

No, because for linux autists it's miles better to "run that shit via wine" instead, you see.

>it's a pirated version of Sony Vegas PRO
Is there something lightweight for simple editing and ripping?

What manga is this cute grill from m'good user?

But would one be able to run newest games through wine at 1440p144FPS without any tearing and graphical issues?

Thing is they like that everything works at the single click of a button.

>everyone who doesn't use the same OS as I do and doesn't have the same worldview as me is an autist

>There he goes!!

Why even respond to bait this low quality ?

XDDDDDD

linux.org/threads/i-have-autism-and.7412/

kind of sums them up

>it's a jobless-weeb-pretends-to-be-a-programmer-to-justify-his-loonix-installation episode

Do you have Adapro as well?

hot

>He can't afford Windows

Install classic shell and defer updates. You now have perfect OS.

Having an actual work leads to 2 things ;
- you need working wifi
- you have no time to fix bugs urself

Kys

kek

Employed GNU/Linux user here.
Worksforme :)

>- you need working wifi
Wifi is shit and should be avoided whenever possible. You need working ethernet.

nothing to hide nothing to fear

>costs 1/3 of wage

Freedom is priceless, though.

>Wifi does not work half the time on linux
>lincucks justify it by saying that real power users TM only use wired Ethernet.

I don't know what the hell you're doing, but wifi has just werked for me.
However, that user is right. Ethernet should ALWAYS be used over wifi.
Wifi is only a last-resort option.

>used linux for a few years
>realized that it doesn't matter what OS you're running and switched back to windows 7 because it's more comfortable

Some people actually use their computers for more things than shitposting on Sup Forums and watching anime

>He has to work so much he has no time for anything else
A true wageslave.

>video editor
>windows installation
no no user, video editing was excuse to have 16core i7 extreme edition for everyday shitposting

>rocksmith
>i have m-audio 2496
>rocksmith won't work on windows, no sound
>it works on wine flawlessly
well, sound in rocksmith is kinda important for the game, so i guess it was miles better

Wine hasn't finished their directx 10/11 support yet.

I don't find it comfortable at all. It needs constant maintenance and doing anything more than basic shit is a pain in the ass. Also it's a security risk to any network it's on and MS is untrustworthy as all fuck.

t. weeb

virtualdub

The winfag butthurt in this thread is delicious.

wine doesn't work very well

I can't run games on Linux. That's my excuse.
Yes, I've tried, several times. No I will not run Windows in a VM with GPU passthrough.
I hate Windows with a passion and I run Linux on my laptop but I simply can't run half of the games I want to play on Linux

>He can't install Gentoo

>MUH WIFI
Unless you're trying to run a distro that (You) can't manage you shouldn't have any problems with wifi.

And we call those people Windows Users

>dealing with Linux bullshit and going through the trouble of setting up wine

yeah no thanks pal

don't get me wrong, microsoft is a total shit tier company now, but at least their product performs pretty well

That only happens if the user was autistic enough to never turn of the computer and ignore several update requests already

I've tried Linux a couple times

There's always some system breaking bug that prevents me from getting comfy with it so I switch back to Windows.

Bugs like:

- Xorg randomly freezes and takes the whole dekstap with it
- Hardware Y is not supported completely with it, leading to shitty passthrough hacks to a windows VM
- programs randomly segfault for no reason
etc etc

It's pretty good if "using and maintaining your OS" is a hobby that fills the void of your NEET existence though, I can imagine.

this desu

Linux still has a way to go before replacing windows on consumer desktops. Don't really see any need to jump to it currently.

>dealing with wine
PlayOnLinux exists. So does virtualization.

You expect me to serve webpages, host git repos, and serve a MongoDB server using a Windows machine? Top kek. You Sup Forumsirgins really are delusional.

Why would I need to do that? Gaming is a perfectly good justification for buying a gaming rig.

>any respectable rig can run that shit via wine
This is objectively, unequivocally, absolutely fucking false. Have you looked at WINE's compatibility list? There are tons of popular games that run poorly or not at all under WINE.

>he serves webpages on his desktop machine

lincucks, everyone

>but at least their product performs pretty well
You've never used OpenSUSE, have you, dear friend? I take it you tried to install a nerdcred distro once, had trouble, and then went full Fox&Grapes over it?

PCI passthrough > PoL

Still don't see the need to go on linux if windows runs everything native. I've tried the varius methods in the past, and while they did work, they just didn't hold up to the experience on windows. Why would I try to make the experience on Linux like windows when I could just own windows?

See, Arch users? This is what you've done. These people will permanently refuse to believe Linux is good and will tell others this because they started out with your stupid distro and had trouble.

Not that distro in particular. I'm familiar with Ubuntu and Linux Mint, and bother of them did alright as far as performance went. I did have some audio issues but I got those resolved fairly quickly.

It just wasn't for me though. I spent to much time installing/fixing things when windows made it so easy and seamless.

>desktop machine
You can't read. I host it on a server in the largest city in my state. I never once said "desktop"; however, the fact that the one that stood out to you was "webpages", which is clearly the most sensible of the three to host on your desktop machine, really makes me sad.

You've never made a small website and then hosted it locally for a couple of friends to play around on?

I've never used Arch tho. Distros I tried:

- Debian (the graphical installer was broken and setup of disk partitions was a confusing nightmare)
- Lubuntu (The installer crashed and didn't want to go any further when I used it)
- Ubuntu Unity (was alright but froze randomly because my nvidia gpu was too new)
- OpenSUSE (was meh and also bloated)
- Mandriva
- PCLinuxOS
- Slackware (shit)
- Fedora 15-21 (every now and then, but always meh and full of bugs)

meanwhile, Windows since Win 7 just werks and I never had a BSOD

Virtualization = running natively, PCI passthrough only has a 5% performance loss.

>Ubuntu and Linux Mint
That's sort of like saying "Skittles and Candy." Linux Mint is Ubuntu.
Those Distros are both generally hated by effectively everyone though.
Maybe you should try out more than one distro, which is one that most Linux users don't even like, before you go making statements about all of them.

Seriously, watch a YouTube tutorial on installing OpenSUSE. Then again, I'm not really sure how you had technical issues on Ubuntu. That's a bit strange. It's usually only performance issues that I get with it.

>You've never made a small website and then hosted it locally for a couple of friends to play around on?

Why would I? I play MMOs, or FPS. Back in the days, we ven played DOOM on old 386 computers in our computer room in school. And they sure as hell didn't run lincucks.

no my windows installation is for games why do i need to justify it further?

because autistic linsucksers can't handle it

As Terry would say
"A white kid writes games, a nigger plays them."

>>Sup Forums

>You've never made a small website and then hosted it locally for a couple of friends to play around on?
Yes, on Windows. Choke on a dick.

>Wifi is shit and should be avoided whenever possible. You need working ethernet.
But the intel botnet can't boot up your pc without your permission over wifi; wifi is clearly superior.

I guess you are right it is a bit unfair of me to assume about other versions of Linux. I just read how Ubuntu was one of the easiest to install and get working from a long time windows user. If I ever feel like trying linux again I'll give that OS you mentioned a shot though.

>seriously defending this shit

fuck off

>rig
>unironically

PFFFFT

>Debian (the graphical installer was broken and setup of disk partitions was a confusing nightmare)
Okay, so you've never tried Debian yet included it on a list of Distros you've tried. You have to set up disk partitions when installing windows as well, doofus.
>Lubuntu
You couldn't install it either? Poor kid.
>Mandriva, PCLinuxOS
You have no issues with these, apparently?
>Slackware (shit)
I take it you couldn't install this one either? Or did you install it and then get mad because it's made to do something that you can't do?
>OpenSUSE (was meh and also bloated)
TumbleWeed is absolutely not bloated, and LEAP is clearly more minimalist than Windows. Stop using meme words that you don't understand when you can't think of a reason to dislike something.

>Fedora 15-21 (every now and then, but always meh and full of bugs)
I've only used Fedora on servers I've ssh'd into, so I've only experienced it where Linux shines. You could be right.

>meanwhile, Windows since Win 7 just werks and I never had a BSOD
Eight was shit and gave me le sad BSOD face all the time. Nine didn't exist. Ten gives me BSOD at least once a month.
Seven was pretty good as an internet-browsing box, but even my PSP could manage to do that.

>installing updates is bad

wew look at this """"""security expert"""""" here

>Okay, so you've never tried Debian yet included it on a list of Distros you've tried. You have to set up disk partitions when installing windows as well, doofus.

In Windows it"s "choose which disk to install on" and then clicking "ok"

Feel free to tell me in simple words how one does set up a /boot, a /, /home and swap partition using this curses interface without actually knowing what K, F and all the other letters there mean.

>- Xorg randomly freezes and takes the whole dekstap with it
Yeah that was happening to me at high ram use, whole system just goes unresponsive for some reason. Changed some setting so that 1gib of ram is reserved and it doesn't seem to happen anymore. Only problem I've had with X so far is one time after a power outage it kept crashing on login, fixed by a restart.
>hardware not supported
Never had this problem :(
>programs randomly segfault for no reason
Also never had this problem (with software that installed correctly and functions properly to begin with)

>that list
Try mint.

You seem mad, friend. Please remain calm.
You see, my entire point was not that it couldn't be done on Windows. You can do effectively anything on any OS if you put in the effort. My point was that it required more effort. I just run the server's script on my Linux machine, and since the interpreter for most languages are already included by default, I don't have to install XAMPP or any of that nonsense before doing so. I take it you've never set up MongoDB or even been able to use git from the command line before, huh?
Glad to know you've conceded that it's completely sensible to run a webserver on your desktop now though.

>Why would I?
Because you're posting on Sup Forums and not Sup Forums, but that's completely besides the point. The point is that it's completely normal to host a webserver on your desktop for fun.

>Try mint.
I am more than happy with Windows 10

Maybe I'll give Linsucks a try on some Pentium II system in a few months. It seems to like old ass hardware the best.

>In Windows it"s "choose which disk to install on" and then clicking "ok"

It's the same on Linux and plenty of distros, and it's been that way for many years.
Both give you the option of partitioning your disk though, don't they?

I haven't installed Debian in about 3 years, but simply select that little "Finish partitioning and write changes to disk" at the bottom and move forward.

windows installation > passthrough

what is the purpose of having two os running at the same time if you can't just run the game without dedicating entire gpu just for this single task

>Those Distros are both generally hated by effectively everyone though.
Isn't ubuntu like the most popular distro?
I hope you get paid by whatever literallywho develops suse

>Never had this problem :(
Tell that to my Nvidia Optimus laptop with Broadcom drivers, baka.

It gives you more nerd cred among autistic dweebs

>using wangblowsOS outside of a vm when IOMMU and Intel DMAR exists

fucking casuals.
I bet you actually do sensitive computing on wangblowsOS too.

Not everyone is a child fucker

>forcing updates, removing choice, and invading privacy as a result is a good thing

you really drank the koolaid

tell me, do microsoft pay you to spout drivel, or are you just a rabid fanboy?

What purpose does installing windows have? I don't need it other than for a couple of games. It's useless.

well that's kind of your fault dipshit.

only a moron would actually buy anything with broadshit or novidya.

>I'm perfectly ok with M$ spying on my everyday computing because I'm a good goy with nothing to hide

ok kid

K

>being this salty

Guess the """"friendly linux community"""" has shown it's face again.

If you mean "Ubuntu Unity" or "Ubuntu" as you call it, then no, it isn't the most popular. Debian and Mint are more popular. If you mean the Ubuntu family of distributions, then no, the Debian family of distributions is more popular and also includes it.

Personally, I don't like Debian, but it works as an LTS system.

t. Lincuck who thinks his choice of OS matters for """privacy""

Good thing the NSA is storing all your posts here, so you'll be executed for treason in the next years.

>I'm calling others names and being mean on the internet.
>I'm putting everything in 30 quotes out of rage.
>I'm going to call others salty and unfriendly.
Please calm yourself. Plenty of people other than him are being very polite to you in this thread. It's just hard for some people to be nice to someone who is so obviously defending a stupid decision sometimes.

lol who said it was """friendly"""

you're a moron who didn't do any research. what did you expect? for me to console you for you shitty purchase?

I'm sure you're all structural engineer astronaut music producers. Games definitely aren't the only reason you run Windows

:^)

>I haven't installed Debian in about 3 years, but simply select that little "Finish partitioning and write changes to disk" at the bottom and move forward.
But I want to resize my partitions and the defaults are shit, because Lintards can't into good code and algorithms.