youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It would crash all the time.

it already does?

It would have 100x more security holes

What if it was written in Ada, though?

It would be far better.

>Pajeets think java is secure

Then Google didn't need to spent millions on extremely optimized runtimes like Dalvik and ART and we didn't have to endure lag even with aforementioned thousands of hours invested in designing and developing some of the most advanced software available.

With Java, everybody loses.

I don't get it, the core is written in C, and the ui is Java. Those two choices are likely why it runs on anything, despite being a piece of shit.

Mine has never, but my father's iPhone constantly resets and turns off for no reason.

the people incharge would suffer brain hemorrhages

Kernel and libraries are made with c.

>With Java, everybody loses.
but it's on over 3 billion devices..

userland isn't

Where are the libraries then? Some shit is cpp.† €‰∞‡]}—÷≈¶^¤~.,?¿´«@®?#)÷±

FUCK YOU!!!

I AM GONNA KILL YOU!!!

It would crash about 10% more/be more insecure.
It would probably also be somewhat more efficient. But that would get eaten by all the idiots trying to use slow scripting languages and would end up into a hog of bloat, think electron.

It would make no difference. Most android devices now have ART which basically compiles apps into native machine code (ie AoT).

This is mainly why the 3T has been able to beat the 7+ despite having a snapoven sock puppet. Dalvik was a mistake.

youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I

It is. Android is just a version of Linux and Linux is written in C. The apps are running on Java.

the application framework is also in java you dumb faggot

algorithms are always much more important than the programming language.
Android is slow because it started out as a general purpose OS.
It should have started out as a embedded platform.

Wouldn't get nearly as much applications as writing C is hard.

This.

This thread is full of minecraft babies who think java is bad. Go back to Sup Forums.

Android USED to be slow. If the 3T with snapoven shitting all over the 7+ isn't proof that android has become blazing fast then I don't know what is.

>algorithms are always much more important than the programming language.
This. The algorithms in the compiler/interpreter, that define language semantics, that is.

Deploying to it would be probably much easier because now you have to make java project every time even though you did all the work in C.

Things I personally find slow is the keyboard.
It is faster than it used to be, but it is not instant.
It is basically a static image, that should always be in memory, ready to be loaded.
The word prediction is also a simple and fast algorithm, but it takes time.
So does the printing of the pressed key etc.
It should never delay the typing experience, but if you peck fast enough, you can experience a delay.
I think this is because of a bad design.

What if it was written in HolyC?

but Linux is written in C

It should have been written in haskell 2bh for parallellism and easy testing. Probably also terser code which makes it easier to grasp the whole picture

Confirmed for never used Ada, tbqh

Sup Forums should combine and do this shit

>Having phone with no networking

llol

the performance gains would be immense

and some autist will eventually build network connectivity into it