Be me

>be me
>professional programmer
>know c, c++, java, javascript, python etc
>decide to quit my job as a systems analyst
>strike up a brilliant idea
>apply for an array of low level office work that requires excel and other very boring stuff that involves organisation, sorting, appointment creation etc, general boring office tasks
>write up programs in weekends which do the work of 100 employees in a month in less than a day with generally 95-99% accuracy
>go to the ceo office of each company
>offer huge figure to each one for my product (already sorted out all the licensing issues and contacted my lawyer etc.)
>they realize the huge savings cost they could make
>offered millions of dollars from all of these different companies
>sell my shit to them and even get higher offers by telling them i have other interested buyers
>companies lay off hundreds of staff whilst i walk home a millionaire

Why haven't you done this yet, Sup Forums? Don't you realize there are literally thousands of companies which rely on humans to do tasks an easily programmable computer application could do in less time with more accuracy? Why aren't you taking advantage of this?

You see the issue with this method is that it can be viewed as somewhat psychopathic as you are making people lose their jobs for your own monetary gain (money) basically your method is effective but down right unethical

>Sup Forums
>ethical
pick one

if you are trying to bait me , you sure are doing a good job also
>millionaire
>Sup Forums
pick one

Not to mention what programs could you even make to achieve such a "goal"

Are you for real, user?

Quit spamming this board user. You wont get the answer you are looking for.

>python
you nearly had me

why would he disclose such vital information?

I though Sup Forums was supposed to be smart

no , im asking about what it does not the programs code itself or anything too personal

maybe you should start a consultancy you dumb cukc

Heh.
>Things that never happened

I'll make one up:
>Be a leet programmer
>have quality control job
>write some shitty html page that allows people to enter in their problems with their furnisher on a site.
>eliminate half the call center since I can also write an automated voice response system.
>Manager gives me some made up raise and bends over, pleasantly asking for it. Since his job can also be automated

Hurrr Sup Forums why has you not done this yet. You can be your own boss if you just learn java and js and python n shit.

>OP wants Sup Forums to stroke his small penis ego.

quit projecting.

Yea, sure. I'm projecting.

I literally am doing that past 2 years or so, just on the smaller scale, guess I saved couple dozen WTE via automation, though I'm not really counting.
The common catch is getting all the vital information necessary for your application.

Imagine you ask how they make the weekly reports so you can automate them. They tell you that employee Bob makes the reports and he knows how to make them. So you go ask Bob, and generally get one of the two results:
a) Bob is complete moron who learned the whole procedure monkey-see-monkey-do way, uses some utilities written by previous employee (or the one before them) that are either not available in source code or are some ungodly mashup of Java, PHP and M$ Excel macros.
b) Bob is smart enough to realize you're there to make him redundant. You're there to disrupt his peaceful vegetative existence he built over the years. Bob doesn't like that. He will give you incomplete or misleading information and be all kinds of uncooperative and abrasive while making sure he stays on the good side with his boss.
Either way the end result it that you can't get the automation done in reasonable time.

Some time later Bob gets aneurysm because of his sedentary lifestyle, the knowledge of making the reports is lost forever and the company either goes under or hires Pajeet and his five cousins to make them new reports from the scratch...

>be super hacker
>write super duper programs that replaces judges and lawyers
>deprecate every human in the legal system
>dept of justice gives me an untaxable lump sum of a trillion dollars

WHY HAVENT U DONE THIS GGGG?

we should've never used steam engine by your logic, or horses
horses took so many jobs, you wouldn't believe

butthurt

>write up programs in weekends which do the work of 100 employees in a month in less than a day with generally 95-99% accuracy
>go to the ceo office of each company
>offer huge figure to each one for my product (already sorted out all the licensing issues and contacted my lawyer etc.)
Because that part wouldn't work.
Unless you happen to come across really stupid CEOs at small companies that wouldnt have any staff to lay off to begin with, any software you create while at that company or for tasks at that company is property OF the company.

My sides
ultrakek

whats wrong with python? far better than java

I hope this guy is trolling.

if those people can be replaced by a trivial script then they don't deserve any money and are essentially stealing money.