God tier

God tier
>ASM
>C
Demigod
>C++

everything else is trash, also if you use any sort of libs or frameworks you are considered a code artisan not a real programmer.

logged in to upvote this

The image lacks segfaults.

you only get segfaults if you suffer from brain damage

LOL I'm gonna post this to /r/Sup Forums and /r/programming! Gonna get so many ubvotes !!!!! Us REAL programmers huh? Also who needs a job? Who needs convenient languages) NEET life is the life of real programmers.

Go ahead and use 50mb for your hello world app in JS

Epix XDD

Up voted and subscribed :DD

Bugs happen.
>inexperienced 16-yo who thinks he's the best but's never worked on a big project in a team of over 50 developers detected

I used to be like this when I was about 13. Wrote my CGI served website in pure C. But then I grew up, and I learned more about programming.

>you can't declare incomplete switch cases with implicit drop-downs
>you can't declare specific array members to initialize
>you can't declare specific struct members to initialize
>you can't declare initializer lists with items not computable at compile-time

Why does C++ exist again?

God tier
haskell, Racket
great tier
python, perl, C++
p cool but bad choice for large projects tier
C
shit tier
java, C#, asm
prove me wrong

Wew, that's jntense. And now what do you use?

Titan tier
>EO
>Haskell
God tier
>C
>ASM
Demigod tier
>C++
>LISP
Superhuman tier
>Objective-C
>Perl
Normal tier
>JavaScript
>Python
Pleb tier
>Ruby
>C#
Pajeet tier
>Java
>PHP

I think we can all pretty much agree with this.

so you are saying C is bad because you have to write 2 more lines to do object initialization?

how's /r/programming?

It's not really intense, all it did was generate static HTML layouts, and got from/ stored things to plaintext files. The code was awful. CGI and Apache hosted it. Right now my personal site is written in Scala and a bit of Java and hosted with tomcat.

I respectfully disagree with EO, C and ASM but apart from those your list looks good

Ironic how only under 17 kids in Sup Forums preach C. Rust keeps C toddlers away by being too hard for them.

Reminder:
C/C++/python/JS are beginners' language
Rust is not

This is how you grew up?

???

libevent2 with react

He's underage, let him fit in

No, C is bad because it lets you lose references to allocated memory and generate references to invalid memory.

What? No, I was just saying what I did then and what I do now.

What a cancerous fucking thread

What do you think I asked?

>Demigod
lua

Not OP, but c and c# existed for a world where 1mb of ram was a huge deal.

Now memory is cheap and companies care more about maintainability and building shit fast.

Still is a good language to build low level stuff.

delet

I liked Java 2.0
But I think Golang will be better in every aspect.

>wasting RAM is ok

Yes. Yes it is.

have u taken a look at how much trash code it takes to create a simple socket in C#?

NO IT ISNT

This is what happens when parents don't spank their children.

I will and store it on my $60 2 TB disk. Actually no I won't because I don't write hello worlds.

"Real" programmers learn how to use as many tools as they need and choose them according to the needs of the project at hand. Limiting yourself to 2-3 languages is an exercise in futility, and pointless. You can build great things in almost any language on earth. It's one thing to not like some language and it's another to proclaim that it's useless shit nobody can use productively. Except for Java, that truly is a pile of crap, simply because there are better alternatives no matter what your use case is.

>I don't know how computers work
Memory is dispensable now. Conserving memory leads to bugs.

God tier: ASM, ML family, Scheme.

Undefined Behavior Hell on Earth tier: C, C++, Unsafe Rust.

Top kek

I fell too much

are you retarded?
Have you ever used the language?

exactly. programmers are more expensive than hardware, that's why languages like python are flourishing.

maintainability and building shit > memory usage

I can program something in Python that takes like 1/10th the code of a C program, which also means I produce code way faster.

Even after using too much memory Java2.0 takes more time in bencmarks

yeah but its 100x slower than C/asm with simd/avx

I can't take anyone who considers ASM to be an option seriously.

So buy faster hardware.

No shit.

yeah like I said programmers, and quickly producing maintainable, readable code is king. performance (to an extent) is second tier now.

unless you're making something where speed is make or break, like a game engine or possibly a web server. then use C/C++

So putting up an excuse like
doesn't make me impressed on Java2

Why java 2.0 specifically? 99℅ of the world uses java 6 or later.

There is no Java 6

Java 1 is Oracle's Java
Java 2 is Microsoft's Java (aka C-S***p)

Oh, so you're just being retarded.

Not really.

Using Java 2 is pretty retarded

Then why bump the thread?

Yeah as long as your O(n!) javascript fizzbuzz program is readable efficiency doesn't matter hardware is just fast enough for anything nowadays

>functional programming
>readable

The language never claimed to have that as it's goal. It's like saying a hammer is bad because you can't cut with it. Mongoloid

>guys, if we just don't list that as one of our goals, then we're exempt from it!
What a mediocre excuse to be pathetic. Was that supposed to be a defence of C?

>java.lang.NullPointerException

but I wrote a SUPER FAST fizzbuzz in asm!

HTML is the best language

>God tier
>Demigod
>everything else is trash
>not a real programmer

Wow, according to your argumentation you're totally not a 12 year old but actually a top rated computer expert.
Guess what: beside some replies, nobody really gives a fuck, and everybody will stick to their preferred language anyway. Your thread really belongs on Sup Forums.

>hurr durr web development and scientific computing should be done in C/ASM without libs or frameworks

but it's designed that way
are you really that stupid? would you expect a dog to be able to write programs? would you expect a turtle to be able to run fast?
it's not about NOT LISTING it as one of their goals, one of the MAIN ideas behind the language is that it TRUSTS the programmer, as in this is one of the main goals of the language
this is a bit more stupid than complaining you can't manually free memory in GC languages
I seriously hope you are not this stupid

FUCKING FINALLY! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT PICTURE DURING MONTHS!

I LOVE YOU, user!

Certified Java programmer detected

NEET detected.

At least i dont feel good about raping memory + CPU by writing some shit thats on 50 abstraction layers.

I thought people who use Java aren't real programmers?

That's exactly what I meant when I said this thread belongs on Sup Forums.

> Hey guys, let's totally NOT have a decent conversation here but better insult each other based on assumptions

You only need ASM, C, C++ and a scripting language.

>C++
>undefined behavior
Nah mate smart pointers hold your fucking hand now

>ITT: I never made anything more worthwhile than a console text adventure

kys underage
do you even know what undefined behaviour is? smart pointers are used only used for a small subset of RAII, dont spout buzzwords

Why is everyone so retarded here? The language itself isn't even important.

There are implementations of virtual processors written in JavaScript and then there is the GTK+ gobject API in C. It's what you make out of it mostly.

But you mentally ill autists will never understand that because you can't even actually program and spend all your time on making threads about non issues like this one.

Sorry if my questions are retarded but it seemed like a suitable time to ask
What's the point of C when C++ exists?
What's wrong with C#?
What's """THE BEST""" scripting language?

Not him but but he's right, quit talking out of your ass

C was made before C++ and still holds his crown as the best programming language by experts in embedded/gamedev/kernel anything that requires a brain.

Whats wrong with C#?
If you want high performing C# code you need to drop everything the language got in past 10 years.

>foreach
slow
>LINQ
twice as slow
>exceptions
high perf impact, 100x faster to just return error code as enum
>Collections
slow, high memory fragmentation, array is many times faster
>Http lib
something as simple as making a GET request is dragged and referenced through 10 static classes, and that's for HTTP req.

>God tier
>>ASM
>>C

I use these languages exclusively at work and there is nothing "God tier" going on there.

>What's the point of C when C++ exists?
Faster and also not garbage

>What's wrong with C#?
Mono hasn't spread quite as much, it's slower, but otherwise Sup Forums shits on it because WAAAH ITS AN MS LANGUAGE
It's actually incredibly easy and pleasant to program in, just not for high-performance applications

I've used both of those at work before and C tends to have a minimalist appeal that a lot of other languages don't end up with in practice. I would consider it god tier if used properly.

ASM on the other hand is amazing for a few niche use cases that can't really be done otherwise, but it is probably the most frustrating thing to use. fuck SSE flag operands.

in what way is C faster than C++? If you ported C code to C++, I don't see any reason why it would slow down.

That's true enough, but writing the highest performance code may not be a worthwhile pursuit in all situations. The user may never notice any increase in performance and that largely theoretical performance improvement can come at the cost of more bugs, less features, less extensible code and worse maintainability. I love C (though not C++) and it very clearly has its places, but a language like C# clearly does too. It's really too bad Java got more popular than C# due to MS's closed-mindedness, because Java is much less pleasant to work with.

>Reminder:
>C/C++/python/JS are beginners' language
>Rust is not

It's good to have you back, rust shill

>If you ported C code to C++
That's still C, not C++. Changing your source file extension from .c to .cpp doesn't make the code C++. He has to be referring to C++ being slower when you actually make use of the myriad extra features it has over bare-bones C.

No, a direct port of C is also C++.

I take it you don't understand, that's fine then.

If the code falls within the specifications of C++, then it's C++. And that's one of the things I like about C++, that it can be used as a fairly low-level language like C, while it at the same time is capable of high-level abstractions.

this and Go & Rust

I strongly prefer Java over C++ for OOP. Any perceived slowness of the language goes away as soon as you have just a little bit of bad code fucking your performance up. And I don't think "good" C++ code exists.

I use C a lot too. The only instance I could see myself using C++ is for working with graphics engines. But even then this is something I have ever only done in Java before and it has been sufficient.

>calling a kite a dragon

lol that's a feature

C++ is my preferred language but it has its pros and cons, as does any language. Many times language efficiency is application dependent. What language is optimal for one application might not be for another.

What do you do?

>ASM
Seriously?

I know right? It should honestly be banned I mean it's 2017 use a real fucking language

No, its like saying a hammer is bad because you can bash a person's head in with it. Where there are evils of memory allocation there is also freedom. That freedom of memory allocation is part of what makes C great. Its all about what you do with the tools you're given. Besides, all languages are prone to being abused, not just C.

t. idiot who knows nothing about 'real fucking languages'

Go back to "programming" a microwave noones ever gonna fucking use

You're retarded if you genuinely believe "god tier" is an unportable language which changes based on platform and a crudely designed deprecated language which was never good and has aged like milk.

God Tier:
>LLVM IR
Demigod:
>Ocaml
>Scheme
>Fortran
Human:
>ASM
>CLISP
SubHuman:
>C, Java, C++, C#, effectively C and it's street shits

>not using asm() calls for specific use cases

I will once you stop using spouting ad hominem. What I may or may not do as a personal hobby has no place in a logical conversation about programming languages.