Is the LG G4 a safe phone to get? I heard it has a "bootloop" problem. Is this common?

Is the LG G4 a safe phone to get? I heard it has a "bootloop" problem. Is this common?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/g4/general/eventually-505-g4s-bootloop-problem-t3337022
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no. It has bootloops, and they don't make replacement mobos. just get something else, mabye the 1+3T, or better, just wait for MWC

Its great and cheap, I got it new for 200 with the promo tmobile had

MAKE SURE YOU DONT GET A MODEL WITH 505 on the S/N number on the box
Usually those manufactured around mid 2016 are good

I have one and really enjoy it. Tbh though, the bootloop thing would scare me too much to get one new. I haven't had any problems personally. Great cameras, and hasn't slowed down at all since I got it over a year ago.

I was going to get one refurbished off Amazon. Is that a bad idea?

Yes, you need to know when it was manufactured, only the late manufactured date ones are good with the 505 S/N. That means you need a pic of the box, see ebay I guess

forum.xda-developers.com/g4/general/eventually-505-g4s-bootloop-problem-t3337022

i got one right when it was released, had the bootloop problem and got it replaced, the replacement had the bootloop problem later on. sent it to lg and they repaired it outside the normal warranty for free. it's a decent phone but if you can't guarantee it's not affected by the bootloop issue i wouldn't recommend it.

I had a Nexus 5X and that bootlooped 9 months after launch.

LG is trash.

I had the LG G4 for two fucking years and magically one day it kept restarting. Don't risk it, i swear to god i had all these 4k pictures that i had luckily backed up a week before and they were gone. not supported by warranty. planned obselesence. Trash phone. not from india btw

it's a decent phone, but all LG phones have bootloop issues.

One of my friends had this phone and last week it just died and refused to boot up again.
I'd stay away from lg just because of stability issues. You're probably much better off buying something like a moto x, and then flashing lineage os on it.

yes

sold my old g4 to my friend

waiting for it to bootloop

Certain models had hardware defects that could cause bootloops, but LG (or your carrier) will fix this for free.

if you get a recent one like in 2016 then itll be fine

Don't bother

>Its great and cheap
It's cheap for a reason.
I have 505 for 20 months, still waiting for bootloop. I bet it will crap itself a day after warranty expiration.

Dont buy it. I work at a cellphone store and people come here often with the bootloop problem

why not just get a G3 instead?

Those bootloop too!

Don't do it OP. They are absolute garbage.

LG = Life's Goddamn Shit With Their Products

I've replaced 4 batteries on my G4, and I should be getting a new battery tomorrow. I haven't had any bootloop issues yet, but I got my new G4 in October of 2016.

Also, there are times when the touchscreen won't work right. When my alarm goes off, I have to pull the battery out, because the phone won't respond at all.

get one with the serial number >515 and you should be safe OP. Also bootloops are covered by warranty in europe.

had mine for over 2 years and it hasn't done that. VS985 from lolverizon.

This, had my G3 since it launched and still runs fine, even after being in a car accident and getting the screen all fucked up (which was a bitch to replace)

This isn't true, they're all at risk of boot looping over time and the problem never resolved itself in future models.

so what exactly causes this fruitloop?

How to force G4 into bootloop?

Do things on it that generate a lot of heat.

No, it's fucking shit. My friend bought a new one in april last year, it went into bootlop a few months ago
He bought another one after that
went into bootloop 2 weeks later

After I got my phone back from LG I sold it to some Indian chap on Craigslist.

I have had my g4 since launch. No boot loop
I still hate it due to the fact that it comes with carrier bloat and I can't root it

Recently upgraded to a Moto Z Play from an LG G3. Battery life sucked ass on it, and it would always get hot doing simple tasks.

There isn't a G4 in existence that can't be rooted, hell they had root technically before the G4 was even on the actual market and it's had root ever since.

>bootloop
sounds like something that only effects dumb kids who jailbreak

I have an att h810
It can't be rooted on mallow. I'd have to downgrade to lollipop. Pain in the ass

Recommend me a phone that has a hotswappable battery and a microSD slot since apparently the LG G series sucks

My g4 has no issues except some static at max volume

There isn't one anymore.
Note 4 was the last one samsung did.
LG is the only other player still doing it, but the xda support on these LG devices usually sucks

Using an LG G3 right now
2 years in and alI I've experienced so far is two times where the home screen failed to load backing out of apps (no icons, app list button, everything) and a single kernel crash a month ago
Other than that, its fine

>tfw Note 4 glorious masterrace

I.e turn it on.

I got it by living it charging and playing a twitch video at the same time on my browser.

Just get an Xperia Z3, family.