/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Here today, Gandhi tomorrow Edition

Previous thread: >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the lowest possible standards of tracker service by preventing members from having opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical incompetence through /marking/ and by hurting the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/LQxkS1mU (embed)
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
MORE REFERENCE gitla.in/ptgGuide/ptgGuide/tree/master
IRC #ptg irc.rizon.net 6697/9999 SSL only

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they congratulate you for showing such kindness to a stranger.
>This is a thread for educational purposes. You may offer or ask for invites for educational purposes only.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
vocaroo.com/i/s0rsXp0MKIsG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck that chit indeed

very 1337, i just learned about megatools today , your system sounds interesting

pth is so dry
the last torrent in the list is from a public tracker that I was cucked into seeding because every other seed keeps leaving

let XANAX ease the pain, user...

>tfw public trackers are keeping the dream of the 2000's alive

pth is still a meme , let's be real. its 0 1 0 all the way down the list

reminder OT is the best tracker/community

ab is cabal

Where the fucks the news?

>when you seed on a public tracker

With the drama at MTV, what other ratioless trackers that are similar should I keep an eye out for?

MTV is gonna be alright, r-right?

I hope so.

This is why private trackers with a small userbase and no bonus point system are a FUCKING MEME THAT DO NOT WORK

FUCK IT even on IPT which is the SLIMIEST SCUMMIEST OF TRACKERS you can easily seed for huge ratios just by downloading things that YOU LIKE TO DOWNLOAD

WHY IS THIS SHIT SO DIFFICCULT FOR THESE AUTISTIC FUCK BAGS TO UNDERFUCKINGSTAND???~!!?!?!?#?$?#@%?@$TWG?RW?>HETR>HB?RW

this is the worst picture to ever grace this general

>when you seed on a public tracker

ikr?

Who doesn't want third world leeches sucking up your internet

FUCK IT AM I RIGHT? Whats the MOTHERFUCKING POINT OF TORRENTS IF NO ONE EVEN SNATCHES YOUR SHIT?!?!?!

?!?!! HUH?!!?!

MIGHT AS WELL JUST TAKE A FUCKING PICTURE OF MY CD'S AND POST THEM ON THE FORUMS ON PTH BECAUSE ITS GONNA GET ME THE SAME DAMN AMOUNT OF BUFFER

FUCK

Very accurate except the guy on the left should be indian and the guy on the right should be wearing a diaper.

>tfw the only of your torrents somebody snatched was a 32MB 2012 single

Music industry is so dried up that even pirates are feeling the squeeze senpai

gotta wait for freeleech and hope to god nobody neutralleeches your torrent

APL is going to win at this rate

fuck yes!

Even APL is dry as fuck

have you tried uploading non-hook music?

It feels a tiny bit dirty to download torrents with 1 seed and 0 leechers, only to rehash it with content from what.cd

on second thought
with neutral leech the torrent is actually tagged after the fact right when you download?

So I guess people who downloaded it before neutralleech seed like usual and get the rewards.

Half of those aren't uploads desu

so then have you tried downloading non-hook music?

sad state of affairs, maybe music in general no longer needs private trackers because of spotify and youtube etc

plus when is the last time REALLY good music came out, the kind of shit that starts conversations and defines a year, etc... I think it has been maybe 10 years since something like that dropped

nothing since All Star

sep 11th killed music

It does feel nice to seed publicly. Feels a lot more like proper sharing than on private trackers.

Just imagine if every torrent on every public and private site ever were all findable on the same database , god damn that would be amazing.

The problem with private trackers is you never find the super weird niche stuff that maybe only 1 person in the world has because private trackers only excel when the become specific as to what they carry.

oh well you gotta blame the copyright trolls

AlphaReign indexes private trackers

there's a few for public trackers too

If dubs I reveal Z's identity

i've used AlphaR extensively ... I never got great results that made me think it was pulling in data from private trackers, it just seemed like a regular DHT search... btdb is better than AlphaR, but neither are great

>if Idubs

why does this sound so curry

Well torrent search engines such as BTdigg (rip) or TorrentProject are the closest we have to such a website. To be honest on those kinds of site I have found stuff which I haven't been able to find on private sites even. Waiting for seeders is a bitch though as it can take weeks for the only seeder to connect.

Regardless in my experience the best general "trackers" are DHT indexers.

If singles this guy was a fag

hey buddy how about you go kill yourself

yea DHT indexers are great for public torrents , but you know that the best of the best people are all segregated away into private trackers by now....

u 1st

Rolling

Where'd you get the sig script? Just ask for it in irc?

first for nala's smelly feet

I have thousands of torrents from what.cd still loaded into my torrent client. Can I simply change the tracker from what.cd to whatever pth uses? I assume they have some of the same torrents, but is that the right approach?

?

yeah, but if someones hd dies, you'll keep their upload alive

No you cannot simply do that, everything was lost when what.cd went down, you are going to have to go manually 1 by 1 and either reupload them on the site with proper tags and artwork and description or find them if someone else already did and let your torrent client recheck the data

If you actually contribute they give it to you.
They won't if you're some random.

Sometimes the files will inexplicably be anywhere from 0% to 60% match too, despite being same release and WEB.
98% if only tags are changed, the files are FLAC, and some rere did not put piece size to 16MB

most of the dudes in r/datahoarder just upload to google drive .edu account, seems much simpler

/marked/

Taxi sirs?
We can stop for a quick street shit, sirs!

Yet again shows why FLAC is the only way to listen to music.

If PTH banned everything except FLAC that would be a god tier move and every other tracker would close down in shame even if they dont even host music files. it would send a huge shockwave throughout the entire internet even sites like FB and twitter would close down.

>tfw just got new headphones and buying into the 24bit vinyl meme

>when someone fills your requests
Comfy.

I'm clad people archive flac, for when stuff like what going down happens... but I listen to V0 90% of the time

better make sure it's not youtube2flac!

>trying to youtubetoflac books
I'd be happy if that was possible.

what does that mean
memes/that people will hold it against me if I try to get invites to exremely niche stuff?

I had no plans to.

From wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

>Staff have confirmed that browsing /ptg/ will result in your account being "marked". This does not mean that you will be disabled, but staff will be less lenient with you if you break the rules in the future
>Avoid clicking on any links that are posted in /ptg/. If you have to click on a link do it a day or two after. Avoid searching for any torrents that are posted on /ptg/. Staff search the logs to find /ptg/ members. Keep a low profile and use your head.

As a meme it's said when people post potentially identifying information on /ptg/.

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS
TO /MARK/ ANONS.

DID THEY SEND ME NALA,
WHEN I ASKED FOR 312KEK?

YOU'RE THE CURRIEST BUNCH I'VE EVER MET,
BUT YOU CAN BET BEFORE WERE THROUGH,
user I'll /MARK/ THE FUCK OUT OF YOU!

I guess if you act like a total sperg or something

HookHop

thats my genre, don't steal it.

Nice, you are doing great for an autist

what does hookhop sound like, user?

no idea yet, but its still my genre.

>40GB Bluray on seedbox
>Don't want to FTP 400 files
>Create torrent with coppersurfer.tk
>MFW someone else is downloading it from me

Also worthy of note is the fact that we mark ourselves. 312c has a script running that searches for every marked post. Say what you will, but he convinced us to inform on ourselves with a meme.

wtf i love 312cuck now!

how 2 download from tidal?

Fuck .djvu useless feature

watch the fuck out user. it's the po-po
careful or you'll be spending some quality alone time with jarome on christmas eve

we should just fill up his results with useless data then

/marked/

>the beauty of open public torrents is that people will actually snatch your uploads

/marked/

brilliant idea

/marked/

>that reaction image

OK no memes or faggotry guys. It's been a few months and I can't tell which is better between APL and PTH. They both seem good but it's hard to see either of them reaching WCD levels. Which is best?

Both

Watch the entire anime dude
Sabagebu

Until BTN and PTP start recruitment on PTH, APL is better.

Get both, use both, cross seed if possible, download music you want to listen to... verrrrryy difficult

Judging by that red button youre unconnectable. Enable "Use UPnP" in the settings.

Let XANAX ease the pain, user...

I do not think that is true. It says connectible on the pth peer lists, and somebody downloaded one of my uploads instantly.

I will carry on using both but my autism requires me to have a clear #1 and #2 in my mind.
BTN will never be on PTH. PTP may at some point but is also unlikely. PTH does and probably always will have a better invite forum in general though.
I have both, fuck cross seeding lol. WCD wasn't just about the massive library, the community resources were incredible too.
>no memes or faggotry

How is an answer to your question either a "meme" or "Faggotry"

fuck off to /r/trackers, cuck

vocaroo.com/i/s0rsXp0MKIsG

You literally posted a dumb meme that doesn't give any insight whatsoever. Fuck off to 9gag, 12 year old.

>a completely valid answer is a meme

Way to hook, sementaco

Come back when you're 18, kid.

>vocaroo.com/i/s0rsXp0MKIsG

can word this post!