Is this some new material design shit?

Is this some new material design shit?
Looks like ASS. Why does Google hate dividers and why do they add so much fucking whitespace.

Other urls found in this thread:

zombo.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Google has so many teams working on the same stuff that sometimes it just leads to really bad app designs.
I had to appeal 4 times to get back my youtube channel. First 3 times i got a bot reply that they can't give me back my channel. I send a snail mail to them the next time explaining everything and then i got back my channel. They didn't even email me that my channel was back. I could have kept using my other account without knowing that my account was back.
I lost around 6k subscribers and at least $3-4k during that interval when my channel was suspended.

Its a waste of space but easy on the eyes. Not the worst if it's used well.

It's not easy on the eyes, it's frustrating because of low the information density is.
Why does everything need to be so big and spaced out like it's in some desert.
I hate it so much, supposadly they're all smart and do testing so it works the best but I don't want to live in a world where this is optimal design.

i wish they would go with a dark color scheme for youtube.. or gray.. why not?

fk

>not using a custom CSS

They did add a dark theme with the material update.

Can't wait for the material design meme to die off 2bh famchu

how to test it out

I liked cosmic panda, too bad they got rid of it.
>They did add a dark theme with the material update.
How do you use it?

I can't imagine how many hours have been spent crafting mat design guidelines

Seriously

And mat design is often beautiful and intuitive. For example the android app "phonograph": what a stunning beauty!

Click on the three dots at the top right, go into settings and enable dark mode.

By 2020 material spec will be just Google logo on white page.

Been there, done that:
zombo.com/

With low information density you can find things quicker if you are slow at reading. People here are not, but some people I know cant read fast and feel overwhelmed quickly when you give them options and information.

Guess why apple used skeuomorphism; just to give people a feeling that they understand what they are doing.

Also android nowadays caters to my grandma and indian villagers. These people cant handle more information.

Nice website m8

Mine didn't block it, should I ad that list?

>blocking zombo.com
Heresy!

I'm glad we can all be dragged down by lowest common denominator.

Understandable, given recent trends with (((global))) companies caterining for nigs, feminists and so on it makes sense to make tech as stupid as possible so even the lowest common denominator can understand it.

Its the same everywhere. They are creating common middle schools "to give everyone equal chances" but you cant make stupid kids smarter, only keep smart kids back.

Its sad, but there is always a way (good private school, Linux, rooted phone the way you like). I think its mostly about knowing your way around things. Also everyone can create their own programs, apps, books whatever. The tools are there.

>creating common middle schools
What do you mean by common?

One middle school for all. I went to school in Austria, and during my time we had normal middle school with 3 skill levels (3rd stupid, 1 good) and private schools which only accepted you if you had only the best grades during your grammar school and kept you for 8 years.

I went to a private one, learnt Latin and ancient Greek, Maths and Physics etc.

Later all schools needed to have a centralized exam, I could do the maths part in my head.

Nowadays they are pushing towards a centralized school, no levels, no private schools. Everyone should be the same level of stupid. Its part of the reason why I left Europe, I dont want my children to receive bad education. The problem is to find a place with good education.

It's not gonna go anywhere anytime soon.
It will probably break off into another design trend soon but that's also gonna be a flat style.

why not ?

They just redid Google Voice with material design too, it's complete ass. Thank god they have a link to use the old UI

Is this in austria? This cant be true

It is but he's exaggerating a bit.
It's only for the equivalent of Jr High School. After that you can attend any higher school you want.

However, the final graduation exam has been standardized in all of Europe.

>However, the final graduation exam has been standardized in all of Europe
I live in Europe and this is the first time I am hearing this.
There is standart exam(cant remember the name) but literally every country have their own standart exams.

This and Germany's system always seems odd to me as American.
I guess I'm just used to idea of common school.

You can, but middle school is the last time you receive broad education. I went on to study engineering, but I miss the days when I learnt about everything.

Its not really bad, but definitely worse than before. You should always have the option to do more / something better in my opinion.