Are ARM Chromebooks better now that Chromebooks have Android apps...

Are ARM Chromebooks better now that Chromebooks have Android apps? Sort of like how Intel Android phones never took off because of app compatibility reasons. Will the same be true on ChromeOS or did Google find a way around that?

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-N22-11.6-Chromebook-Chrome-Intel-Celeron-N3050-Processor-4GB-Memory-16GB-eMMC-Drive/162249152?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228038067053&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=85405708010&wl4=aud-261800281900:pla-193414417490&wl5=9030070&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=162249152&wl13=&veh=sem
walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-N22-11.6-Laptop-Windows-10-Pro-Intel-Celeron-N3050-Dual-Core-Processor-4GB-RAM-32GB-Flash-Storage/171558200
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not at all, you still have to run shit through arc welder which can be a pain.

Chromebooks in and of itself is a massively retarded purchase to make.

They don't really differ from refurbished thinkpads that can run useful win32 software AND run android apps through bluestacks.

>They don't really differ from refurbished thinkpads
Except you can get better screens, better battery life, in a thinner machine. If you're going to resort to comparing against used Thinkpads, you have to compare them against used Chromebooks, which are even cheaper. I don't know of any Windows laptops with as high resolution/quality screen as the Samsung Chromebook Plus with as good build quality and a built in stylus for $450.
>caring about Windows
I have a gaymen desktop for that. I don't really get how Chromebooks are a ripoff when they're a better value than a tablet and more capable.

>Dedicated botnet machine
No thanks

>memes
The Chromebook itself doesn't track you any more than if you use the internet on a Windows machine... You can also install Linux if you want to, more easily than on a lot of Windows computers even.

Except that you cannot do any decent work on Chromebooks.

I'm not using mine for work.

>You can install Linux
Not on every Chromebook, though. Right?

I too need a Pajeet in my life.

Well technically they all run Linux out of the box (iirc chrome OS is based on Gentoo, but I'm not very sure about that).

But pretty much every Intel one you can.

>Comparing chromebooks with thinkpads

Why don't you compare chromebooks with desktop rigs when you are at it?

Fucking retard.

Get a used Chromebook and install Linux on it

>"Stop comparing laptops to laptops :..("
wutttt

Chromebook is a $200 device with 10 hours battery life, and it's lightweight.

There are no thinkpads in this category.

>POOED

Yep, a used ThinkPad isn't always the answer.
But chromebooks are just way too limited, I tried Chromium OS yesterday, it's getting better and better in a lot of ways but it's still a glorified web browser.
In a lot of cases you could buy the exact same laptop with Windows 10 instead of Chrome OS.

>limitations

It takes less than 20 minutes to install a linux version on Chromebook.

That's what I'm saying most chromebooks are nothing but generic laptops that are available with Windows, so might as well get the one that has a standard keyboard.
Chrome OS itself is a toy.

But Chromebooks are cheaper since the price of a Windows license isn't included. If you're going to install linux, why spend money on a Windows license you're not going to use?

I had to leave my home, and for almost a year I only had a $200 Chromebook with me. Chrome OS was insanely painful at first then I found out I can do most of the things on chromebook too.

Friendly advice: Crouton is your friend.

The only way that i could consider an ARM chromebook is if it was free. I dont like ChromeOS at all (i used it as a daily driver for 2 weeks to fully try it out) and i dont really see the point in low end computers when i can just buy sandy bridge shit and a fuckton of batteries and have a real computer that more than meets my shitposting and storage needs.

10 is practically free for tablets and cheap laptops though.
Chromebooks ate Microsoft's marketshare with cheap laptops and they took steps to make Windows laptops more competitive.

>Chromebooks ate Microsoft's marketshare with cheap laptops and they took steps to make Windows laptops more competitive.
Just wait until W10 Cloud gets out of beta. Then nobody will be laughing anymore.

For the record I'm the kind of guy that uses a refurbished business class laptop running GNU/Linux, I'm no Windows 10 fanboy.
I just don't see the point in Chrome OS, maybe the Android apps can change that and make it more usable offline.

this picture disgust me.

The ONLY point in ChromeOS is for easily manageable, low cost, basic computer usage such as in an education environment. It was never meant to be used offline like a normal OS.

It's pretty nice for low requirement computing.
If you don't need anything other than a browser, word processor, and a few other simple functions, a Chromebook is the cheapest and fastest way to get what you need.

Not really, Chromebooks never even passed 2%.

Just a fair warning, if you want a Chromebook, be sure to get one with a good screen or one that has an easily upgradable screen. The cheap Chromebooks come with shitty TN panels, you can get an IPS screen of the same size/resolution/interface for around $50. I just ordered an IPS screen for my Lenovo n22, but the Chromebook I've seen have the most support for this is the Acer c720. You can still stay under $200 doing this (not including tax and shipping). The n22 is $150 (the Chromebook version is, the Windows version is $200), and an IPS screen is $50. Hell, if you wanted to buy a used Chromebook and upgrade the screen you could probably stay under $150-$100.

Chrome n22 $150
walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-N22-11.6-Chromebook-Chrome-Intel-Celeron-N3050-Processor-4GB-Memory-16GB-eMMC-Drive/162249152?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228038067053&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=85405708010&wl4=aud-261800281900:pla-193414417490&wl5=9030070&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=162249152&wl13=&veh=sem

Windows n22 $170
walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-N22-11.6-Laptop-Windows-10-Pro-Intel-Celeron-N3050-Dual-Core-Processor-4GB-RAM-32GB-Flash-Storage/171558200

The cost difference is still significant. With the $20 you save on the Chrome OS version, you could buy a 64gb SD card to store files/boot Linux off of.

but you can.

- text processing
- cloud IDEs
- runs a bash terminal

>huwhite women