Yahoo fucking going up in flame

>Yahoo revealed in September the theft of 500 million records, then thought to be the largest theft of records in history, only to reveal in December a separate theft of one billion records.

>Yahoo said that hackers were later able to get access to accounts without needing passwords after stealing the company's source code used to generate cookies.

zdnet.com/article/yahoo-warning-users-that-hackers-forged-cookies-to-access-accounts/

One billion fucking account details. This has to be the biggest in history. Fuck I even have a old Yahoo account I don't even use anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.filippo.io/the-sad-state-of-smtp-encryption/
youtube.com/watch?v=OinvdoyBsEc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ya theres nothing in my account, probably the same for most people

i doubt they found anything special.

Hear, hear. I remember to check my account today, and it seems to be deleted. No trace of it.

The point of this isn't whether or not the hackers got anything it's how can anyone trust Yahoo after all this?

if you made a fb account with a yahoo email that gets deleted, will your fb account also get deleted?

why are you even on Sup Forums if you are so fucking retarded

well my fb account got deleted and i used a yahoo email. I dont know if it was deleted because of this hack or if it was because i was shit posting on it

in late december of 2016 i was in the process of buying a house, and needed to email a copy of a disclosure 3 days before closing. it was time sensitive, so the disclosure can not be submitted less than 3 days before closing. additionally, the seller was a fucking faggot and claimed that if everything isn't ready by the original closing date then the deal is off.

i couldn't send the email because the yahoo server was put on the bank's spam block list. ended up having to send it from a different email, but thankfully the bank didn't mind.

few weeks later my account gets logged into and some curry faggot sends spam to all my contacts. yahoo also won't enable 2FA for my account because it's an ATT/yahoo account. mind you that i changed my password after the breach was announced.

fuck yahoo. if i could i'd even pay to transfer the email address to gmail. no problem with 2FA there, and even before i enabled it someone once tried to login from a completely different location and send mass mail but gmail blocked him.

No

Use data migration service faggot

you don't understand, though. i don't want to just be able to use my yahoo email through google. i want yahoo to have nothing to do with that email, and to transfer the address entirely to google.

>>Yahoo said that hackers were later able to get access to accounts without needing passwords after stealing the company's source code used to generate cookies.

So they used a simple deterministic algorithm instead of using a cryptographically secure random number generator.
Fucking retards.

It wasn't too long ago that you could sniff for Yahoo emails with Wireshark and they'd be in plain text. It always amazed me that this was never made into a huge issue too.

All emails are sent plaintext baka.

>tfw you deletes your yahoo like 5 years ago

Best decision of my life

>What is TLS

blog.filippo.io/the-sad-state-of-smtp-encryption/

>force everyone to start using yahoo account to use flickr even though it was possible to signup with google
>woops we lost 500 million records

thanks yahoo

Surely they'll get a ton of people's credit card info.

Quit posting fake news Drumpfie

(test)

How long until hackers take down Tumblr then?

youtube.com/watch?v=OinvdoyBsEc

soon, hopefully.

Has ATT sued the shit out of Yahoo yet? Their consumer email service is based on yahoo.

they don't even fucking provide 2FA for ATT emails, but they provide it for regular yahoo emails.

>meanwhile over at yahoo.co.jp
No fucks given here, and I have a cool JP address.

weeb

I'm going to try and call tomorrow and see if I can get some dollars off of my bill. Something like "this yahoo email is really insecure and I'm dropping uverse".

I get an email warning 3-4 times a week

"Sign in attempt prevented"

"Someone attempted to sign in to your Yahoo account (milsorgen) from an app that doesn't meet Yahoo's security standards. We blocked this sign in attempt, which was made on:
Sun, Oct 9, 2016 7:42 PM GMT+8 from China."

It's really annoying but its for my flickr account and I really don't want to leave flickr. I don't like 500px desu senpai

do you have 2FA enabled? i never get messages like that and someone breached my yahoo/ATT email last week.

My tech illiterate father suffered from this yahoo hack, apparently he had been using the same yahoo email for a fucking decade even after the first email shitshow.
He almost got his bank info jacked by pajeets, and when he called Yahoo support it was a guy in India telling him they couldn't get his email account back unless he paid $200.

I wish I was joking

No I don't use cellphones. But then again no one has ever gotten into my shit.

Just my devices and my yearly password changes in my account activity section for the last few years.