If 2D is stuff like images on screens while 3D is real life objects then what is 1D, 4D, 5D etc?

If 2D is stuff like images on screens while 3D is real life objects then what is 1D, 4D, 5D etc?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=N7K5KjOdLD8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>what is 4D, 5D, etc

useless

Math does not have to make sense bruv.

like you?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=N7K5KjOdLD8

le science man explains

Imagine a cube. That's a 3 dimensional shape. Now imagine you want to show a cube to an alien who can only understand 2D and lower. To the alien, the cube would look like a square. Now imagine we show the cube to an alien who can only understand 1D. To that alien, the cube would like a line. To an alien who can not understand any dimensions, the cube would be simple point in space.

Now imagine that an alien who can understand 4D come to us, and tells us that he can see what a cube looks like in 4D. He wants to show us the 4D cube in 3D, just like we have been showing a 3D cube in 2D, 1D, and 0D to the other aliens. The alien shows us the 4D cube in 3D, and to us it looks like..

Pic related. A tesseract, or a hypercube. In 4D all the intersections in the tesseract are at 90 degree angle to each other, but because it's been projected into 3D space, that information is lost.

How we can we go to 4D then?

that information though is just a theory humans have yet to experience it, right?

Read Diaspora by Greg Egan if you want to know.

4+ is just _theory_ though of what _could_ or _would_ be

So what? Back then "scientists" thought the world spins around the Earth.

If only USA and Russia could unite and fuse their scientific powers and resources to make humanity great again...

>How we can we go to 4D then?

By using math. Out biology don't allow us to have an intuitive grasp of 4D or beyond, but we can use math to understand them.

Imagine a guy who can only understand 2D. He can understand the 2D shape that the cube makes when it is intersecting a plane. At 90 degrees, that shape is a square. At other angles the shape changes. As the cube moves through a plane, the shape changes it's shape. With math, the 2D guy can understand the nature of the cube in 3D space even though in his 2D world he can only intuitively understand the various 2D shapes the 3D cubes makes in his world.

What happens after you die?

What does an n dimensional cube look like? Can it be projected into 2D like the others? Would it look like pic related or?

It is a mathematical concept, that is all it is. The "geometry" beyond third dimension is completely irrelevant (unless you love mental masturbation).

>What happens after you die?

The same things that happened before you were born.

no such thing as a 1D cube

I mean n dimensional. As in infinity.

Surely pic related represents a n^-1 cube if we follow the picture in (and disregard the red corner highlights)

>The same things that happened before you were born.

Impossible for something eternal to happen before something else.

1D = rays/lines/segments
3D = depth
4D = time
5D = retards

>Impossible for something eternal to happen before something else.

Then how does something eternal come into existence? Check mate.

>Then how does something eternal come into existence? Check mate.

It starts without having an end.
Gnostics: 1

But existence is coming to an end, the universe is dying mon ami.

they did a pretty neat job showing a human interacting with a tesseract at the end of the movie Interstellar

purely fiction though.
that part was pretty far fetched too

The first dimension is a straight line. The second is where a line intersects another, or a flat square. The third is where that square intersects another to form a cube. The fifth is what we perceive as time. The fourth is the intersection of the object relative to time, or space-time, or by loose definition, reality. The sixth dimension is where space time intersects itself, or forms a tesseract, a shortcut between two points in space and time, also known as a wormhole.

>1D = retards
>2D = retards
>3D = our visual perception
>4D = retards
>5D = retards
ftfy

Linear algebra

@58990909
I really, really like this image. Can I use it? Thanks,

-Bill

No, kill yourself.

@58993440
Wow, I forgot how hostile the 'Net could be! You should think about how your actions affect others.

-Bill

Existence is still a thing even if the Universe ends, it's abstract.

I want to add to your point that we, humans, technically can only see "2D" because 3D object like cube are "flattened" or projected into 2D image in our vision. We know it's 3D because we can move around to see the occluded sides of 3D object but we can't truly see whole 3D object like seeing all 6 sides of cube at once without moving around the object to see other sides.

X
Y
Z
A twist
B twist
(A and B are sometimes referred to as W)

Adding a dimension simply means you have multiple layers of the previous dimension (think about the relationship between a square and a cube). In this case, time is the 4th dimension as it is literally just extra layers on top of our 3 dimensional understanding of physical objects. 5D would be multiple timelines, although I see no reason to believe that they would be different from each other in any way. Let's say that is called a polytimeline(there might be a word for this and I'm too stupid to know what it is). The next dimension up would be multiple layers of polytimelines. etc...

post this stuff to /sci/ not Sup Forums

I thought the 4th dimension was time though? Did Vsauce lie to me?