Why do my earphones always break after 7/8 months?

Why do my earphones always break after 7/8 months?

No matter what brand and how expensive they are, my earphones would consistently break after 7 to 8 months of use.
Is this planned obsolescence? Is 7/8 months their life cycle?

I'm just fucking tired of having to buy new ones so often and being a retard who buys sennheiser CX 3.00 premium earphones for $70 thinking :
>haha, these ones will last me longer, they're expensive after all
And they end up lasting as long as fucking 5$ gummy earphones before one side gives out

Is this some kind of jewish trickery I'm falling for? I just want earphones to use everyday that won't break a few months after I buy them

My cx300Ⅱ lasted for 4 years despite constantly in the washing machine
and I lost it
Just don't spend too much on IEMs. They all sound like garbage.

I don't understand. Maybe I had defective ones cause I had Cx 300 II's also and they lasted me 7/8 months as I said. Maybe I'm not taking enough care of them

The only breaking I have is with the cable, it's fucking annoying.
I never wind it up tight and pay extra attention to it not getting stuck between the door or whatever and shit still breaks.

I can fix the cable myself but it's such a hassle when it happens too often.

I've had a pair of LG ones that came with my phone, i got it stuck somewhere and pulled too hard, ripped the cable off of one side.

I've had a pair of Sony ones, one side gave out after a while for no apperent reason.

Now I'm using no brand ones that I don't even know how I acquired yet they seem to be lasting longer than any other.

Bitch, please. My earphones always break after one week , so...

I started to use a small extension cord to move the break point from the headphone jack, to the extension jack. Went through like 20 of those, but it resulted in my using the same headphones for like 3 years. They eventually broke though, but in the middle of the cable instead of at the jack.

For real, I've still got mine after years of abuse and they've been dropped/stepped on/been in the rain/now they live in my biek tank bag getting all fucked up and they still work fine (apart from the rubber bits being ripped up)

The cx300 is shit and outdated, get cheap Chinese items KZ ATE for example. Better sound and build quality.

Because you break them dumbass

>everyone shits on apple stuff
>my apple earbuds sound better than most sub-50 earbuds and have lasted me like 37 years already
>came with the phone and still work just fine
fags

I have a pair of JVC earphones from before 2011 (probably 09 or 2010?) that work, although I don't use them because they were really cheap uncomfortable ones

I have a pair of Sony earphones I've been using since 2013, it was a 2nd pair of them after the Sony ones I initially bought in 2011 broke that year

its because you all treat your things like gorillas would

You're not the only one. I have a graveyard of broken IEM's. I generally take care of them pretty well. But them see to break due to bad build or just being unlucky. Been through klipschs seinhiessers, cheap philips, even Chinese brands like Ate's and my current pair, rock zircons. So far it's about an average around the same, 7-8 months. With my shortest being 3 (klipschs) and longest being the Philips (1 year). I say just accept the short lifespan and take that into consideration when buying a pair.

Learn to take better care of your things. I've had the same Sony ones for 4 years. I always notice stupid fucks like you that complain about things constantly breaking just don't know how to take care of things.

What do you think he did to break it then?

I take care of them, I just don't store them in a dedicated pouch or anything though, just stuff them in my pocket for transport

probably pulls them out of his ear by the cable, rather than the bud

probably pulls them out of the input jacks by the cable, rather than the end piece

shoves them in his pocket without looping them first

There you go

Okay, I don't do those things but I still have them break at the same rate, so that's not sound logic.

I mean there will always be shitty/dud units that somehow slip by QC, if there even is any QC

but when you start breaking earphones all the time, constantly, can't even get them to last a year? I have to assume its you man. I stopped having that problem once I reached my late teen years, as I knew how to take care of my things by then

Sounds more like you're lucky then. You're basing this on almost nothing, considering most people have these breaking on them at that rate.

>probably pulls them out of his ear by the cable, rather than the bud
Never did that
>probably pulls them out of the input jacks by the cable, rather than the end piece
Not doing this either, it's an L shaped jack so I can't unplug by pulling on the cable
>shoves them in his pocket without looping them first
Alright i'll admit I shove them in my pocket in like a messy ball.

>Why do my earphones always break after 7/8 months?
Because you treat them like shit. Yes, you do.

want to have this extra pair of earphones I have in case the sony ones I have (in hand) ever break?

I sleep with my earphones which is probably the main reason they die in less than a year. I wish they made earphones with thick cables like regular headphones.

Considering you have Parkinson's, no thanks.

OP here again
I'm going to bestbuy in an hour to get new ones. What should I get?

ones that dont make you deaf

Because you're buying shit earphones , my xiaomi piston 2s lasted me 2 years.

Consider Bluetooth. At least you wont have to deal with a lot of cable issues.

My mm30i's survive in a little pouch in that small pocket on my pants. Climbing, riding, running, they have survived it all for like 3 years now.
Sound really good, too.

Call me cheap but on my last few pairs I used superglue to reinforce the weak parts of the cables like where it connects to the jack. I went from 1 year to 3-4 years life.

Go to aliexpress and buy 50 pairs of $3 earbuds. /csg/ can tell you which brand.

>tfw the rubber ends keep falling off
>already lost one

How do I fix?

Get the most expensive ones. It's best buy so even their most expensive ones aren't going to be that unaffordable.

Either buy really good $10 iems like the Phillips SHE3590 and keep a few spare in your drawer

or

Learn to solder ! the drivers never break - here i have spliced my favourite 5 year old Phillips onto a new cable and soldered a new plug. I ride bicycles everyday and always wear out my iems at the interface between cable and plug from being in my jeans pocket while cycling. Pro tip guys - the plugs with metal spring has fixed this problem permanently.

Also here is some more of my handywork.

This is a pair of airpods i repaired for chic ;)

well if I were you, I'd take all of them apart and find the problem, figure out why they break

Being able to solder and repair components has saved me time and time again with minimal repair needs on headphones.

I have repaired my hd555's about ten times. Small shit each time. Modern hardware is dogshit.

I even sewed the earpada back together after the stitching came apart.

>I've had a pair of Sony ones, one side gave out after a while for no apperent reason.
This happened to literally all (like 5) of my Sony earphones.

>Now I'm using no brand ones that I don't even know how I acquired yet they seem to be lasting longer than any other.
This as well. Currently rocking Xiaomi Pistons and they've lasted longer than any Sony ones have.

Just get bluetooth earbuds

You have a two years warranty with Sennheiser you fuckwit.
Stop wiping your ass with them

You must be one of those retards that wrap them around your fingers and stash them in your pocket. It's always these kind of faggots that complain about IEMs breaking after a month.

So then, how do you "properly" store them?

>I've had a pair of Sony ones, one side gave out after a while for no apparent reason.
Happens all the fucking time even with other brands. It's irritating.

Just get xiamoi piston or something. Why would anyone spend more than $30 for earphone is beyond me.

I switched to Jewtooth and haven't had a problem with randomly breaking earbuds like OP anymore, mine always died too

Stop wrapping the cable around your phone. You're breaking the wires by doing that. Just run them through your shirt and let them hang when not in use, or just switch to Bluetooth.

What actually breaks? The earphone or cable? If it's the cable you should buy an iem with detachable cables.

Where do you learn to do this?

Only had cheap earbuds and in-ears break on me. After getting a good pair, they've lasted me for three years now without a single issue with most parts being easily replaceable.

You have acid for earwax.

Nice try apple time traveler, but you aren't fooling me yet.

had pleomax inears nicely kept in a drawer for a few years
take them out recently , left
one is kill
>TFW chinked

Sony mdr ex450 are really durable and cheap, I used sennheiser cx300 for ages and they broke every 5 months.

Most of my earphones last for 6 months before giving up and dying