E

C
O
N
T
R
O
L

2500k at 4.8GHz here, you're full of shit. I bet you can't stream while gaming, take a while to compile and encode, and not have many resources left when running multiple VMs. I want to upgrade.

Who the fuck cares about your obsolete trash?

>mfw i bought a skylake system 3 months ago without hearing about kabylake or ryzen

Nigga just follow someone, anyone from the tech world.

Reading is your friend.

>old ass AM3+ system is on its last leg
Can't come soon enough
Intel can fuck off with their super expensive dual core CPUs

same. I've overclocked my 8120 within an inch of it's life, less than two weeks left

Intel assmad

>8 cores 16 threads for $320
>4 core babby i7 costs $350
>tfw got jewed

KabyLake ia just Skylake with hardware DRM. Why would you cuck yourslf like that? You've done good. I'm waiting for Skylake-E to come out to finally upgrade.

Sell it. Retards will pay nearly full price for Skylake CPUs on eBay. I ditched my 6700K this week for only £26 ($32) less than I paid for it brand new last May. People are dumb.

>bought 6600k at release
>krabbylake comes out with similar performance
>ryzen coming out to maybe start competing
>mfw

Kaby Lake also delivers more clocks/watt, which enabled the higher speeds

>audio died years ago
>doesn't power on if it has been disconnecter from mains for over a minute (it's not the BIOS battery)
>SATA controller only works in IDE mode, AHCI causes freezes
>Can't even OC any more

At this point it's not worth getting a new motherboard, and I can't sell the old one with a clear conscience.
Can't wait to get a brand new platform.

>Tfw bought a 6700k 4 months ago to replace my good old 8350
>have money ready for Vega, and a great CPU
>by the time Zen+ hits, I'll be ready to upgrade again and be all AMD, once again

This, same goes for 4790Ks. I bought mine for £250 brand new and sold it for £270 last week.

>tfw 3570k

I feel you, my system is on a shitty assrock board (990FX extreme3). had to buy tiny heatsinks to cool the VRMs

>upgrading your system because NEWTHING arrived
>system still works fine and won't need upgrades in the next 5 years
>still can play all games on max

WEW look at all u cucks

>tfw live in eastern Europe
>intel and nvidia are extremely popular and maintain their resale value
>sold my 2.5 year old 4670k for 160 euros

What a coincidence i'm using a shitty Asrock motherboard myself.

>tfw 3770K

I wish ivy bridge weren't housefires.

>AMD chipset
>Intel audio
>Qualcomm Ethernet
fucking parts bin motherboards

>ivy bridge
>housefire
wat? that's haslel 47xx

it just works

They don't call it inferno bridge for nothing famalam

>Sandybridge
>6GB
once programs adjust their processing demands for Kaby/Ryzen, you'll begin to notice slowdown.

Yep. As you can imagine the DPC latency isn't great in Windows.
I'm never buying Asrock again that's for sure.

i7-4790k here...

have an A10-5800K housefire edition acting as space-heater/HTPC...

can't wait for Ryzen

I know the pain as well. When I built my first Bulldozer I got an AsCock 970 Extreme3 and half the SATA ports wouldn't work after a while, It would refuse to boot if you went anywhere near the OC settings, coldn't use the RAM's XMP profile. Luckily I managed to sell it on eBay and got a Sabertooth 990FX

it's ok if u missed the 2500k mothership

I just replaced my 2600K. Can't say I have really noticed.

Happy to know I'm not the only one disappointed with Asrock.
At one point everyone was sucking their dick and saying they're basically Asus but for less money.

>At one point everyone was sucking their dick and saying they're basically Asus but for less money.

Can confirm that to be bullshit, cheap yes but Asus? hell no. I've never had a single Asus board fail on me in 10 years. Also had an A88M-ITX in another rig for someone else and the SATA ports died in the sense that I could only use 1 at a time

that's just shitty coding

>mfw

it won't stop them from doing it, unfortunately.

Fuck I don't want to hear this, the asrock taichi looks like the perfect board for me.

too right ol' cobber

Will AMD compete with the Atom series CPU? I need to know.

you mean the CPUs that are currently having clock generators burn out? No I don't Ryzen does that yet

Dayum. Looking to build a low power VPN server.

O H N O
H

N
O

Looks like Intel is about to get Ryzen'd.

the R5 1300 could be a killer price/performance chip if you like overclocking. the 4 core Ryzen SKUs have the highest TDP per core, so they might be trying to beat up some i5s

which ryzen model would give me performance somewhat close to an i7 7700 and at what price?

not interested in gaymen or overclocking, btw

It's actually SIXTEEN MB ON THE 4/8 CHIPS

MFW
MFW
GONNA VROOOM ZOOOM BADABOOM

1400x. Just let xfr do the overclocking for you.

people will point to the R7 1700 by default because of the price comparisons, but there might be something closer. if you buy a good CPU cooler and keep XFR on, the 1400X might be a good option

Yeah, two cores disabled off each ccx while cache goes untouched.
4mb l3 on all cores is actually absurd.

I bought an amd 64 like 2 months before Conroe came out, finally this time I won't be on the wrong side of a shake up.

source? I thought it was 8MB per 4 core unit. Even if the 4 core chips are binned 8 cores, the extra 8MB cache won't be accessible to the 4 working cores.

You forgot sweet 512kb L2@core.

>mfw: south american
>mfw: every Ryzen CPU will be atleast 100 USD more expensive than USA

I fucking hate not being american

>not interested in free performance
Fucking kill yourself, normalshit. Overclocking is literally changing one or two numbers. Are you braindead? If you can install a CPU, you can change two values in BIOS. It's not like you have to push the chips to crazy frequencies like 4.8-5ghz. All ryzen chips will be able to run at at least 4GHz.

>year 2011
BULDOZER IS GON B THE END OF INTEL
>release
its fucking shit, please take it off our hands for reduced price

>year 2017
RYZEN IS GON B THE END OF INTEL
>release
???????

6 cores
12 threads
3.3ghz base clock
3.7ghz turbo
XFR
performance competing with the $600 140w i7 6850k
only 65w TDP
less than $300

We don't know that for sure, everything below l3 could be tied to the core itself.

I wasnt that like from 8 years ago?

we knew Bulldozer's weakness before launch, the hope was for multithreaded workloads to catch on.

>2500k still going strong
Best tech purchase ever.

Not for long, corelet :^)

*shrug* my 8320 has been awesome for the last 2 years. ryzen is probably gonna be awesome.

>It Begins
That was when they announced it

Right now were about here

Is the year of the AMD desktop finally here?

You missed the part in 2011 where AMD outright stated bulldozer would probably not be good for consumers but pretty nice for datacenters.

Every fanboy and their mothers hyped it to shit though because MUH 8 COARS

This time though AMD is shaking all the trees and throwing out as much hype for it as they can muster. Reminds me of the athlon days.

AMD will crumble if Ryzen fails, this is their hail mary. they called in the savant designer and dumped every dollar they had into his program.

you did good.

Ryzen is going to be Bulldozer 2.0, and Kabylake is the ultimate tier of Intel Jewery (can only work on W10, marginal performance boost, lying about die size, etc...)

Skylake is the last decent intel line (but still doesn't hold a candle to Sandy Bridge).

Relax friend, you did perfectly fine

absolute madman

this. If Ryzen fails AMD as a CPU manufacturer is finished. They literally cannot aford another bulldozer level fuck up

Third worlder here (Netherlands). Should I buy ryzen for gaming?

>Queen Su-bae actually a semiconductor researcher, not a Jewish bean counter
>the Certified Shit Wrecker himself

Intel is finally getting a wake-up call, papa bless. The future is bright.

LMAO

AMD IS GOING TO FAIL AGAIN LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO

BE PREPARED FOR MASSIVE DISAPPOINTMENT

IT HAPPENS EVERY FUCKING TIME AND YOU DUMB FAGS KEEP HYPING IT UP

that's exactly what their aiming for.

Because it would be terrible if AMD completely fails since Intel's jewery will not stop with no competition as the past few years has proven

Kek intelfags can't hold they got massively jewed

you should be worried then. AMD will likely die if Ryzen is shit, leaving Intel to sit on their ass until Qualcomm makes ARM a competitive platform for desktop.

>replying to classical bait

>The feels when I can upgrade my A10-7850K

I knew it was bait, I see similar in pretty much every AMD thread but Intel fanboys can really be so deluded to post it unironically

mu niggu

The call that saved AMD

Third wielder here, I wouldn't know.

Quick rundown?

quick rundown:

-Rothschilds bow to Bogdanoffs
-In contact with aliens
-Possess psychic-like abilities
-Control france with an iron but fair fist
-Own castles & banks globally
-Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
-Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Bogdangrad will be be the first city)
-Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth
-First designer babies will in all likelihood be Bogdanoff babies
-both brothers said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
-Ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
-They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world
-You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now
-The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader’s first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the Bogdanoff bunker in Wilkes land?
-They learned fluent French in under a week
-Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There’s no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Bogdanoff
-The twins are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
-In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they’re benevolent beings.

>i5 price i7 performance*
*When and if you overclock it by 1ghz. Only applies to certain workloads. Some restrictions may apply.

>AMD will crumble if Ryzen fails,
Its not really consumer sales that will keep AMD afloat, its enterprise, and semi-custom. They could be a profitable company with meager consumer hardware sales if they had strong enterprise sales again. Though it just so happens that some characteristics of a truly good enterprise part also apply to consumer hardware, particularly mobile hardware. You need high IPC, and you need low power per core for both enterprise and mobile. When you have a 32c/64t part, or a sub 35w mobile chip, in each scenario you need to reach compelling performance with about 5w per core, sometimes even less than that. You don't get there without a combination of arch, process, and bleeding edge power saving IP.

In the top binned desktop Ryzen chip we see a 3.6ghz base clock inside of a 95w TDP. If the uncore for this 8c/16t chip takes 15w, it leaves 10w per core to hit that 3.6ghz base clock.
In some of the lower SKUs we see base clocks around 3.3-3.4ghz, and it looks like they're pulling around 7w~ per core.
We could predict the clock scaling curve for Zen based on these data points, and it looks like Zen hits 3ghz at 5w per core.
If we assumed 5w per core, and still 15w for uncore, we'd get a 55w 3ghz 8c/16t die. 4 of which in an MCM would yield a 220w package.
Choice dies with better clock scaling could easily get it to 200w~. The top Naples SKU that we know of is 180w, and that is only a stones throw away from the napkin math here.
It'll be clocked north of 2.5ghz for sure, and thats a decent edge over the 2.1ghz 32c Skylake Xeons.

Intel has spent so long barely upgrading their processors while still having a much bigger R&D budget than AMD. I'm 100% sure that if Ryzen really is this great, Intel will implement all their improvements they've been hoarding as soon as they can to compete with what comes after Ryzen.

How would they improve an arch as old as theirs? They need to start from scratch the same way AMD did with Zen.

K
I
L
L

intel spent their R&D attempting to get into new markets
RAM, SSDs, ARM, etc

YOU DON'T GET IT

INTEL WANTS AMD TO STICK AROUND AS TOKEN COMPETITION

THAT WAY INTEL WON'T HAVE TO FACE MONOPOLY LAWS

IF AMD FAILS, INTEL WILL BE FORCED TO BREAK UP

AMD HAS NO CHANCE AND INTEL LOVES IT

>RAM
No.
>SSDs
Still behind fucking Samsung.
>ARM
No.

note I said "attempt"
their NVMe drives are the closest thing of those three to a success

The semiconductor industry doesn't work like that.
Intel hasn't been hording designs and keeping them from market. Intel's biggest competitor has been themselves, they're competing against their own prior gen parts for sales. They haven't been stifling R&D. From their position they just have to work much harder for each percentage performance uplift because they've been refining the same base arch for so long.
We already know what they have planned out for the next 4 years or so. Coffee Lake, Cannonlake, Ice Lake, Tiger Lake. Nothing new on the table, and these designs extend out to 2020 at least. They've got nothing radically new coming down the pipe. Nothing until they launch a new ISA or a totally new core arch on their 7nm process in 2021 or 2022.

Intel can and will argue that ARM is a competitor to avoid monopoly charges.