I need to get a new laptop cause I broke my old one

I need to get a new laptop cause I broke my old one.

What's a small laptop with good resolution that isn't insanely expensive? It doesn't need good specs, I just need to code on it.

How does an adult actively break a laptop?

Used 2012 Macbook Pro non-Retina.

You can usually find one for $400-500 on eBay then retrofit it with an SSD and RAM for $200 more as you need them.

>inb4 icuck
>inb4 used
>"isn't insanely expensive"
>"I just need to code on it"
>not having a UNIX system with full mainstream support

Thinkpad x230?

by getting shitfaced

Ill check those out thanks

X220(t)
X230(t)
Tablet edition optional, but its a neat feature.

>Good resolution

Chromebook, replace ChromeOS with Linux.

It's a 12 inch screen.

Asus EEE PC. Comfy as fuck and runs Linux really well.

Still enough for fonts below 14 pt to look bad at reasonable zoom levels

how much are you looking to spend? give us a price range for best results. Otherwise I would definitely recommend a used Lenovo Y700 that can be found for like $600 or a use Dell i7559 which can be found for around the same and a new one of each costs around $800

Keep in mind that if you go this route, avoid ARM chips if possible. Certain software only works on x86.

i'm actually curious about how many people here actually use their laptop for work that needs a huge resolution while only using the laptop and not using the laptop+external display(s)

get your eyes checked, you fag

Xiaomi air 12, has core M3 and 4gb ram. been using for 4 months and am enjoying it.

I use an 8 pt font and it's fine.

I bought an 11" Dell Inspiron for $300 recently. It's a 32gb eMMC drive, 4gb of ram and a low end intel chip. It's become rather annoying, Windows 10 takes up a lot of disk space and even with an additional 32gb of SD card space its frustrating. I have ~5gb of space available at any given time so downloading large items is basically impossible.
It performs well enough, and the small size was really nice when I recently went backpacking. But using this as my main machine is a hassle. Multitasking really bogs it down.

Why only a 32GB micro SD? I stuck a 128GB in mine. If I really need to, I can use the USB port for additional storage.

Get a WinTablet, a convertible or and straight up laptop for $200-300. Atom, 64GB eMMC, 2GB RAM.

get a thinkpad, elitebook or dell latitude

you could buy a refurbished one of those for under 200 dollars

pic-related

why do you need high resolution?

>laptop with good resolution

I'm also looking for something portable and cheap (under $400 with SSD included). Don't need a lot of power and don't need high res.
12-14" screen.

Sup Forums hypes used x220s all day, and that's ok, but I'd really prefer something thinner, lighter, newer with a good battery life.

How are those fanless Core M laptops? Fanless would be pretty nice.

Chuwi Hi12 or Hi13 preorder.

Check out sandy/Ivy bridge 14" Dell latitudes

Those are the same as the Lenovos (heavy, old...) except even uglier.
I can't think of any advantage, other than Ctrl being in a sane position.