deskthority.net/workshop-f7/keycap-profile-demonstration-props-t9847.html
massdrop.com/buy/xmit-hall-effect-mechanical-keyboard?mode=guest_open
amazon.com/dp/B00UBQZPXK/ref=twister_B00UMZ2R2W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=360&sortby=price:asc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How long has the wiki been down?

For just a little over a month

Anyone know any good alps keycaps?

you can slavage some from old keyboards, or you can get some from Tai-hao or more high end ones from SP

Looking for some nice keycaps, I think my Rosewill deserves them.

DSA LightCycle

>follower rolled 90 degrees off center
>bullets under follower
I know it's just some computer graffix kiddo but that steams my beans just the same.

Anyway can somebody post that picature of the different cap shapes? Barrel, cylinder, sphere, etc. Thanks a bunch.

you mean this?

Kinda, but I'm looking for the one that shows the difference in keycap faces. Spherical dish, cylindrical, flat, etc.

amazon.com/Logitech-Mechanical-Keyboard-Tactile-High-Speed/dp/B009C98NPY

How is this for a first time keyboard?

Get something cheaper honestly.
Also
>full size
>gaming

I don't know what to recommend in that price range but keyboards like that one are almost impossible to replace the caps due to nonstandard key sizes.

You mean the homing keys?
if you want a lot of info you can check the wiki
deskthority.net/workshop-f7/keycap-profile-demonstration-props-t9847.html

are there any manufacturers that make hall effect keyboards anymore?

massdrop.com/buy/xmit-hall-effect-mechanical-keyboard?mode=guest_open

You can probably find this off some chink site if you don't want to wait for another drop. Supposedly they're not nearly smooth enough like the old HE boards though.

yeah the Chinese. You can find them on Taobao

God you guys are gay. I see this every fucking day and haven't commented yet. Justify to me how it is worth it to spend money (any money) on a keyboard when I can just steal a spare lenovo from work. You have my attention.

It's more comfortable to type on. That's the main point really. Try asking your non-jew colleague if you can borrow a mechanical board.

Just get a cheap mechanical keyboard for under 30 bucks then call it a day. Otherwise go steal something better jamal

i work with a bunch of amish, they just tell a lady what they want to type in the e-mails

under $30 dollars like what?

A tomoko, some chinkboard. Don't expect anything amazing, but it's still a mechanical board for cheap.

ok i did a little research while lurking. How do I choose which color switches if i wanna spend like $150 or so?

You can get a switch tester and make your decision based on whichever you like best.

ps don't tell me you bought the 6 key sampler

>under $30 dollars like what?
Any chink board really. Take your pick there are plenty of options

Nah m8.

kek

So you're telling me I can experience fingertip bliss for less than the last time I bought a Logitech after I spilled beer on that shit? What are the sources for this black magic?

Are these any good?
Would it be a good idea to buy one of these for the time being until I can save up for a custom one?

nvm im drunk ordering now

What's this meme about cherry reds being stiff or scratchy?

They feel fine to me but I'm a virgin

>What are the sources for this black magic?
Chyna
I mean don't expect to be blown away with the quality, but for under 30 bucks its definitely better then a similarly priced rubber dome

BEST CHEAPEST BLANK CHERRY MX KEY CAPS IN BLACK PLS

i dont want to buy the tester, I think I will go for the clear... Or maybe blue.. fugg

Kill yourself, you worthless piece of shit.

There are plenty of people who have bought these keyboards in this thread before. I'm sure some of them will show up and you can ask them

hey fuck you. Im not that guy but I"m drunk too. Can still feel the stiffness of the keys beneath my soft fingertips. Fucking elitist.

yeah you commie bastrd

Reds feel a bit too light imho, perfect if you're very accurate and used to the keyboard layout

Blue might be better

If you compare them to gaterons you can definitely feel the difference

do you use a haxxor layout?

If they're better than these and cheaper everyone is a le cuck mem

I had a bigger/wider keyboard I guess before the one I have now so it's a bit weird

My fingers tap the sides of other keys a bit so they register but I think it's my fault

>fingertip bliss
It says Blue Switch, not Cherry MX Blue, even if it did, how is that @fingertip bliss@?

well /mkg/ is Topre territory, but gaterons are fine too

The switches are zoro so they are mechanical

seriously, what did they mean by the clear housing and why is it so exceptional?

what's a good starter to pop my mkb cherry
I want something small, that can sit on my laptops current keyboard, preferably not over 100-110$ range.
I want to use it just for typing, coding not for gaming.

I WANT A NUMBERPAD

you can build a GH60 for well under that price point. Otherwise maybe something like the Anne Pro

see

>I want something small, that can sit on my laptops current keyboard
>I WANT A NUMBERPAD
Thats not small. Maybe something like the 1800 layout since that is about as big as a TKL while still having a numpad. You can pick up a cherry g80-1800 for around 70-80 bucks, or you can get a Leopold 980m if you want a more modern keyboard

Is this any good or did I fuck up?
amazon.com/dp/B00UBQZPXK/ref=twister_B00UMZ2R2W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

okay then get a GH60 and build it with a numpad. The only limit is your creativity

Its a re-branded Filco Keyboard so yes

>GH60
where do you even buy that thing?

falbatech, it's probably on taobao or some other chinksite too.

yea but those are fake, right?

banggood, ebay, taobao, aliexpress, originative. You see the GH60 is an open source PCB so its not that one person makes it, its that different manufacturers build their own variations

>falbatech
oh youre a euro

They're satanboards, or whatever they're called. So yes. Last I checked a lot of people still didn't get their GH60s from the group buy on geekhack years later.

nope they are all real. You'll quickly learn that chink shit is a necessity if you want to build anything for under 100 bucks

i get it but arent some inferior to others?

Nope, but falbatech had everything I needed to build another ergodox at a decent price, so I had it shipped overseas.

you guys are too edgy for me

It's literally a copy, so no.

You do realize that they're all made in china, even the high end ones.
The one on banggood is okay. It works just fine and the biggest issue is that a resistor isn't soldered properly, but that's an easy 10 second fix.

where my numpad at?

It's ok I can just buy a new one when it breaks ;^)

Since when is providing info edgy?

no danald says they will make im in america again, I'll wait if need be.

Just buy a separate one if you want it. Or get one of those custom 96-key boards.

okay then how about going to I'm sure they won't be as edgy or whatever that means

i can solder pipe not electrics

You are literally retarded. Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

Its open source make it yourself.

kekekek i been here since unix

*before

Then you must be a special kind of stupid since soldering a resistor is stuff they teach in middle school. Look up a youtube video, or is that too hard for you as well

the multiplexing trips me up

i can do it trust me

How do you get them from SP?

wait for a group buy. you already missed alpine, but DSA lightcycle is coming soon. The first run reached production numbers, but had to be cancelled due to an error in the layout. Its running again with the correct layout sometime this year

No it isn't, you shit brained baboon. Go drink bleach, you dumb fucking shit stain.

Is the GB on Geekhack?

yea see that's why im hesitant to buy something from an "enthusiast"

you don't have to worry about that shit. heck you can even hand wire the keyboard yourself, you don't even need a PCB

the error was because they had one layout for the legends then they changed it after a community vote, but they forgot to tell SP so thats why it was canceled

its done by the minivan guys. If you check on geekhack they'll mention it obviously

The person running the original group buy owned up to his mistake right away and refunded everyone. He's not like ivan or gon.

Thanks, I'll go find it. I just bought a NOS Dell AT101W Bigfoot for it's keycaps for my KBP v60 mini.

where can i get a full sized mechanical keyboard that doesn't look ridiculous and costs less than $100

I'm buying a white HHKB soon.

Any recommended HHKB thick PBT keycap sets I should know of? Or should I just dye some of the blank keycaps instead and get a new spacebar?

Chyna
something like a Kaihua K16 is fine
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=360&sortby=price:asc

the stock dye-sub PBT keycaps on the HHKB are already high quality

pls respond

get something from china user. Ebay and aliexpress are good places

>GH60
I don't know what this is, but I will spend money to get that exact keyboard.

1.) Is it what I want, or is there better?
2.) If it is what I want, where do I buy the shit?
3.) What's the GOAT 60%?
4.) What's the GOAT 6/7 row?

Alright guys, im looking for some pbt caps for an ansi alps keyboard.
What are some places to look?