This is the best USB flash drive thumb stick. You can not prove me wrong. This topic should receive zero replies...

This is the best USB flash drive thumb stick. You can not prove me wrong. This topic should receive zero replies, and perhaps a sticky.

Thank you for your time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.
btw I didn't bump this.

>only 32gb
yeah I bet 2008 would be really impressed with how small your flash dick is

Not USB 3.1, not metal unibody, not 64GB or greater.

>type A
trash

ive read it gets crazy hot

I've owned these. They immediately overheat and throttle dramatically with any real use. Dat form-factor though.

post price (include ship & tax)

post all read write specs

still not USB 3.1

Bought three a couple years ago. Only complaint is that metal ring snaps after a few months. Otherwise, they're good.

Yeah, I bought two 128 GB ones about that size, and one of them burnt up in less than a year. I tried a data recovery place, and they said it was unrecoverable, which I'm guessing had to do with it size. It reminded me to get serious about backing shit up, if nothing else.

reminder, if it doesn't have an activity LED, it's trash

Own 2 64gb and 2 128gb

thermal throttles after a few GB transfer nothing recognizes it as a bootable ISO drive. Good price and good from small transfers thas about it

I've read much better things about he Samsung in equivalent form factor

>buying usb flash drives
>2017

Same here although didn't burn it out
Just stopped using it. Prolly the reason there was a Slickdeals on it

i had one of those once
- slow
- hard to remove
- easy to lose

>usb 2
into the trash

if i wanted a usb 2 drive id get pic related anyway

i have a 16gb chinese one for listening music in car

For college i use an old 128mb stick i found in the attic

I like these, although they're only USB 2.0. But I've got a portable SSD for when I want speed

send me one

no

What's the deal with Sandisk and Linux? I use one for parted magic and it freezes after booting, it cannot be accessed. Don't have this problem with Kingston or a generic one I have.

Autism

How?

what "parted magic" exactly?

GOAT usb

the latest, but it happens in Ubuntu too, gparted freezes when it scans the device

Fuck you stealing my 999999s REEEEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

nice get

checked

Maybe the drive itself is broken/damanged. Does it work in other computers/under other OS?

Works fine under windows and also for installing it

open it using fdisk from terminal, then use the 'p' command in fdisk to print out partition info. Is there anything afoot?

who got

i disagree, in my opinion this drive is too small, and would easily be lost, not to mention the smaller usb devices are more difficult to remove.

..why tho

I had enough drives to max ReadyBoost so I maxed ReadyBoost

can i get one of those 9's?

makes sense.. as long as you didnt buy them for that purpose alone

This one is faster, prettier, and has better price/performance ratio. Also comes in 128 GB.

I'm running Linux Mint from an Ultra Fit, and I haven't noticed any throttling. (Not a live system, but a full install with read/write access.)

What model? I've never encountered that, and I've used several Sandisk sticks with Linux.

Isn't ReadyBoost just a swap file?

Pretty much

I lost my Supersonic Magnum 2 512GB yesterday.
Life is shit

too fucking small

it looks cool and all you'll lose it by the third time you take it out

Cruzer Blade 4gb, might be broken?

>sandisk

Running unraid off one of these.

Thermal throttling on the Ultra Fit ruined it for me. If speed is important, do not buy. PNY is good but you lose the form factor.

this is perfect for me
I only transfer at most a couple hundred mbs at a time so I don't have to worry about heat

Use a microSD usb adaptor.
Got a PNY one the other week. Discreet, works with nearly any device, has an activity light... Your move op.

>PNY is good
No they aren't, they're even worse quality than Kingston even.

No,this is the best usb stick

Enjoy your botnet.

That's the Ultra Fit (USB 3.0). This is the Cruzer Fit (USB 2.0)

I haven't used the Cruzer Fit but realistically they probably have the same performance because of the huge thermal throttling on this one. Sometimes I have to put it in the USB 2.0 port to even get it to work anyway, and it still gets extremely hot in there.

Post pics of the beauty.

Got the BAR 128GB too. Very nice

>That bump at the end
Jeez user I almost threw up

That one looks like the 128 GB one that died on me from overheating. I don't recall throttling either, but the heat was noticeable. If you're good about keeping your data backed up, I guess there's no reason not to use one.

I have one of those for my car stereo op, it's cool there. Writes about 50mb/s and reads 80mb/s

But fuck those tiny sticks in casual use, they're easy to lose and hard to pull out of USB slots because there's nothing to grab.

I have this for my car music yey.

t. Buttbabby mactoddler infant

>UNIVERSAL Serial Bus type C
>doesn't fucking work anywhere
Type C was a mistake.

Samsung Fit is the best one. I run steam games from it just fine.

You misspelled zip-disquette

Whats the best dual usb 3.0/c drive out there?
Just got pic related, its pretty nice

You can check the activity with iotop.

I've got a 64gb one of these and have tried copying ~40gb worth of photos to it 3 times now and the most of the photos are either not copied or corrupt every time

>flash drive thumb stick
Wtf is this shit tier naming? It's called a jump drive

Flash drive is the objectively superior name.

There's a 128GB version. It's USB 3.0. You will not saturate USB 3.0 with it, so 3.1 is useless.

When did you last use a PNY thumbdrive? One of their SD cards got corrupt on me, but the USB 3.0 stick has been loyal for years.
This guy fucks.

If the cap is a separate piece then it's going to get lost. You're thumb USB flash stick memory jump travel GNU/Linux or GNU plus Linux drive is a shit.

I use one as a readyboost stick, it is always hotter than the sun.

I had an ultra fit. It got super hot and the thing was so tiny I lost it. Have no fucking clue where it is. If you're rocking an single board rig, a couple of these would be great for extra storage.

it's pretty damn good for $11.95 on Amazon. The 64GB is $18.48