How does programming work in non-English speaking countries...

How does programming work in non-English speaking countries? Do they name variables and write comments in their native language?

Yes.

No.

Maybe.

Install Gentoo.

Depends if they can speak English, but I myself wouldn't like to.

Also Python wants you to code only in English.

You're a faggot

"Python coders from non-English speaking countries: please write your comments in English, unless you are 120% sure that the code will never be read by people who don't speak your language."

i've read somewhere that larger german companies don't give a flying fuck and write everything in their native language

Only when in babbys first programming class. After that you use english names

In my company we write variables and the actual code in English, because it's a good language for it and all the technical terms are in English. But all the comments are in our native language, because it's easier to understand for us.

Yes, often. And when they do use English you often wish they didn't because it hurts.

No, why?

Sometimes, sometimes not.

Well, TeamViewer is German, and they don't seem to be writing their code in German.

Krautfag here. Everything is in english, but sadly not everyone is proficient enough to write understandable comments, so as said
>And when they do use English you often wish they didn't because it hurts.
Pretty much this.

Yes but you shouldnt

t. german

I write comments in my native language, if I do work for a small company, otherwise I use English.

Coding language is English, comment on English.
Only documentation is in both German and English

Spanish speaker here.
If I'm coding alone or other english speakers, I variables are in english
If I'm coding with spanish speakers, use spanish.

Are there any programming languages where command statements (if, while, return, break, continue, etc.) are translated?

It doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to actually do. I'm sure the compiler has a lookup table from string to semantical meaning, and you could just modify that table.

you might be able to do that with #define in C, but that might change comments etc. too, if and do are quite short strings that might occur sometimes in words.

>"Princess Celestia is an alicorn"
I want to get off the ride

Depends on personal preferences or company standards that might or might not be enforced.
Personally I exclusively name and comment things in English.
At work we write German comments and keep variable names German if they have a special meaning and can't properly be translated and English if it's shorter or follows a convention (getters/setters).

Oh boy

Yes.

Go and look at the themes for HEXO static site generator. They are written in moon.

No, any respected developer speaks fluent English and names the variables just like any Anglo would.