Dual Monitor a shit

>buy dual monitor because Sup Forums praises it so much ("muh productivity")
>get sore neck shortly after because I have to rotate my head to look at something on the secondary monitor

Only folk with ADHD can handle a multi monitor setup

I had 4 at once. Demolished my neck and back after a while. Took some discipline and moving the fuck back from my screens so that my eyeballs do all the work.

Maybe try sitting back a little instead of shoving your face into the monitor? You barely have to rotate your neck at all to view a second monitor if you are sitting at a proper distance.

Did you have 2 ultrawides next to each other, or some shit?
I usually don't have to turn my head more than a few degrees, and most of the time I just swivel my chair slightly.

Try glancing over instead of rotating your head, mongo.

That's the problem I think, I have dual 1440P monitor with high PPI count so I can't read shit if they're further than an arm's length away.

And UI scaling is a no-go because it also enlarges images, making them distorted and shit (I know some programs are scaling aware but Chrome and Firefox isn't).

actually landscape+portrait

Me and most of my colleagues have dual monitor setups and have no issues. Check your neck maybe?

What's wromg with that?
I use a 16:9 main screen along with a 4:3 one that I normally use for Telegram Desktop.
It's comfy af

Got a 25" raised for my main for my Dev Environment and an ancient 1024×768 lowered to the left for the result/documentation.

Funnily enough I find it easier to look at the little one most of the time.

It just means that your neck muscles are getting some exercise.

Terry Davis wrote an entire operating system, compiler assembler, disassembler using only 640x480 with 16 colors.

>Sup Forums "needs" 3x 27" monitors to be "productive".

Linus Torvalds uses a single monitor.

Jeff Dean, the most valuable Google engineer. He's like a God at Google and not even the CEO would go against him. He literally made Google what it is today and wrote/worked-on all of their most important software stacks. He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Now, notice something interesting:

He doesn't have two, three or four monitors and he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen that kills your focus and distracts him from everything important.

I have 2 monitors right now that are pretty different, so they have different viewing angles. One of them 21:9 IPS, and another one 16:10 TN. I put the 21:9 in front of me and the 16:10 monitor over to the right side. No problems. I'd honestly trade these two for a 4K monitor though, I like having more readable fonts.

Only folk with autism gets overwhelmed by a multi monitor setup

Then stop using shit software.

then get utterwide

jesus fuck its simple

if your constantly spazing between two frames of information then having them combined is success and separated is hell

i use large super colour accurate wide gamut on the left. ADOBE goes there. right is all the day to day to day bullshit or some PS while im working on it, then I snap back to proof on the other.

use dual when it makes sense not cuz of the meme

What's that monitor?

>not getting ultra wide 32 inch
>not being smart and not having a bezel between production spaces
How old are you boy.
You are not very smart are you?

It comes all down to personal preference and whats comfy for YOU.
nice quads

>and he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen
He does though, look at the monitor. That baby is worth more than a month of salary for most people on Sup Forums.

Should have bought a single 32" 4k monitors, senpai.

he also doesnt have an IDE open, which is mostly the reason why people need a second monitor.

That's why you use one screen vertically.