What is it with Aussies and their obsession with the USA? It's not just another Sup Forums meme either...

What is it with Aussies and their obsession with the USA? It's not just another Sup Forums meme either, they genuinely tend to be very skeptical and critical towards Burgers. There was a graph from a poll floating around here where Australia was one of the Western countries that thought most poorly of the States,

Any Aussies or Americans care to confirm or disprove this, preferrably with IRL experiences?

we hate everyone mate

They look down on us

It's always the most American non-Americans who hate us the most

Personally I love the US, but on Sup Forums I rarely admit that, more fun just to give them shit and watch their reaction.
Americans I've met IRL have always been genuinely nice people, and honestly I'd move there if I could. Australia is pretty much a poor man's America anyway. The only people here who don't see that have their heads so far up their own cunts that their opinions mean little

I don't think they honestly care.
The Greeks and Turks I think have a stronger hate of everything. Though one Australian poster is a Turk.

Seppo proxy detected

Agreed, there are some exceptions to the rule though. We were thoroughly Americanized from 1945 on and most people are still Burgerboos, especially the younger generation.

Also I'd say that the dislike of the US in countries that have such massive exposure to the States is only because you tend to export the worst aspects of your culture. Case in point: you have some really gread Fast Food, Wendy's and In N Out come to mind. Then why flood the world with shitty McD's serving absolute abonimations of a burger?

This. Those little edgelords are the worst.

>I hate amurrica
>takes bite of big mac while watching his favourite american produced tv series and listening to his favourite american band

suck my cock, it's not the 80-90s anymore, australia is a shithole now and we might as well all leave

>We were thoroughly Americanized from 1945
We honestly are a bit Germanized. The lager, wurstchen, ground beef, etc. Not to mention Lutheran's, military is highly respected, a lot is invested in scientific research and the huge genetic component.

Aussies are our banter buddies, ww2 allies, white ex Europian natural resource exporter et cetera.

Unfortunatly theyre trying to become commies so we may have to genocide their men here shortly.

>we're heavily Germanized
Not so much culturally. There's still a little bit of German culture left in places like the Midwest, but German immigrants here got ANGL*'D hard and what is left is diluted like the Irish and Italian influences

>leave

To WHERE?

To America

Land of opportunity and all that

AMERICA!!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

>be

>Aussie

cringe

disgusting

just bantz

salty

Do what you want m8, comment was cringe though.

Australia is no longer friends with UK

now AMERICA is my best friend

I think America is a piece of shit country, super corrupt, healthcare is awful and life-debtening, >get shot at school that you pay 100s of thousands to go to, serious crime problems among minorities, serious illegal immigration problems, serious SJW/PC problems, serious divides between basically everyone, and the only thing really that it has going for it is muh freedom.

That said, I don't really hate Americans unless "he's American" is the first thing that comes to my mind when interacting with them.

True. I read somewhere that prior to the World Wars German was as widespread across the country as Spanish is at the moment, maybe even more so. Does that sound plausible?

During WW1 however, most of the German influences were purged and the language was outright banned in schools and such. People changed their surnames en masse too. A few of the most common surnames in the US are actually pretty lazily translated into English.

Australia is just as corrupt, have you not been following the news over the last 10 years or so? Australia now is in a sad state of affairs compared to what we used to be. I rememeber when to me Australia was the best country in the world, but I see young cunts like you say that shit these days and I wonder what the fuck makes Australia so great now?
A backwards shithole run by self interested old men who don't care about this country or the people in it. Both major parties funded by major corporations and they don't even try to hide it because they know Australians are for the most part too stupid or apathetic to care

>healthcare is awful
Some upper class people from Britain and Canada come here to get treatment because survival rates are higher here for a lot of things and you don't have to wait as long to get treatment

>it's life debtening
Not if you're not stupid and actually have insurance. Most people do through their companies

>get shot
Builds character

>pay 100's of thousands to go to school
Not if you're not stupid. The student loan debt is mostly down to retards that go to school for a useless degree and then drop out. Still a problem though

>only thing going for it is muh freedumbs
Get fucked, I have muh gunz and you don't

>i hate when "he's American" is the first thing that comes to mind
That hurt me a little

>A backwards shithole run by self interested old men who don't care about this country or the people in it.
You only just realised this is how the world works?

>muh min wage
Is it possible to care about peasants these days?

Yeah, our NHS used to be our crown jewel. Overburdened.

Paying for healthcare really is stupid though, you should admit that.

It's like if we had a paid Police force, and you had to pay them before they'd come out: that's how you appear to us.

I've known this for a long time, but it's depressing when you personally see your home decline over the years. That's not even my point, my point is some 15 year old blindly defends his beliefs because his bogan parents drilled into his head that australia is the best country on earth when it really isn't

No one cares OP, but it's nice you think people giving others shit is a purely Australian thing, particularly on Sup Forums.

I recommend spending some time first on this board to get a feel of it before you post.

>Does that sound plausible?
It was I'm from the Northeast and it was almost an official secondary language
>During WW1 however, most of the German influences were purged and the language was outright banned in schools and such. People changed their surnames en masse too. A few of the most common surnames in the US are actually pretty lazily translated into English.
Yeah it's where hit dog and Salisbury state and Alsatian dogs come from. My family Anglicized our first names (we reuse old ones even today) and temporary Anglicized our last name though it's common in the Netherlands so they should have just said we were Dutch. My Great Great Grandfather got a lot of mail from The Second and Third Reich from his family and had to hide it. A parents in the lower East Side of Manhattan have German sayings above the doorways and German newspapers were all over too.

How'd you know he's 15? There's nothing wrong with a bit of healthy pride in your country.

He never mentioned Australia, just listed a bunch of US probs.

Kill yourself you worthless Australian our country is a million times better then the shit hole that is America.

Americans are just banter fodder factories. There is so much more material to go off than any other country.

Plus the way we learn history in school seems to be completely different. They focus a lot on bias here whereas Americans appear to have no understanding of this concept. It needs to be drilled into their heads that America has fucked up a lot because they clearly weren't taught this in school

honestly I'm just drunk and rambling

This same cunt bangs on at straw men every chance he gets

>do you think that German influences were more widespread before WWI
We almost joined WWI on your side because there was such a large German influence here. It was really the only thing that kept us neutral for so long. The only reason we joined against you is because you kept sinking our shit and we had business interests in Britain

>people changed their names en masse
Shmidt(?) > Smith and various things > Brown was pretty widespread.
My last name and those of at least 50% of the white people I know are Anglicized German names, though maybe that's not representative

ken oath cnt

Its true mate. You banged on at me the same way like a week ago

Healthcare is fine if you can afford it, most people can't. Private insurance is expensive and getting insurance through your company is a shit idea, it significantly lowers your salary and if you ever get made redundant, say goodbye to that.

I'm agreeing with you

>a week ago

literally no idea who you are m8

I don't know if it appears to Aussies outside of Sup Forums. But seems that local Aussies dislike US and therefore like Russia (as a main opponent to the American imperialism) and therefore I've seen many Australian rusoboos. I feel that Australian posters are very friendly and familiar with me as a Russian.

kek

Why the fuck are there so many of you cunts up at this time

jelly?

the britpost you replied to was literally a strawman though you dumb cunt

lefties in this cunt HATE the US

>american imperialism
For fuck's sake, why won't this meme die

Lefties in my cunt hate the US

kek

>Australia
>My

>He unironically believes it's a meme.

it's a meme you dip

way to live up to the uptight, colossal fuckwit brit sterotype though

POLICE ACTIONS

lefties in my cunt HATE the US

the narcissism of small differences

brits are more annoying about it desu

>uptight, colossal fuckwit brit sterotype though
Chill, mang.

Australia is the America of the southern hemisphere

jk

We're the ones annoying about it? WE ARE?

Remind me again why it was necessary to be a contrarian faggot on everything from changing our words unnecessarily and calling it "American English", inventing your own unique sports instead of just playing the commonwealth/world sports like every one else, making autistic efforts to distance yourself from us like a kid rebelling at his parents, and *we* are the ones who complain about small differences?

You wot emm-ate?

Brits were the ones who abandoned cricket and rugby as your most popular sports. Once you abandoned those, we simply revised them to our own tastes. Rugby became American football, cricket became baseball

Reminder that C*n*dians are far worse about it and that they are objectively the worst Anglo cunt

There is quite a strong anti American sentiment bubbling under the surface in this country. On the one hand, we love our quirky cousins. On the other, you literally cucked us.

RIP Britain - real losers of WW2

upper class being the key word there. better to have (shitty) healthcare for all than the best for those who can afford it. even if you're insured you have to pay a fucking excess for the most basic of treatments which probably exceeds the cost. completely fucked.
honestly, private medical is not too bad in this country if you can afford it anyway. can easily get experimental drugs etc from the States. I think the only case where travel would be warranted is for a specific surgery wanting the best in class surgeon. (Football players often travel to the US for example.)

For illness/disease I don't believe survivability is any better at a top end hospital there than it is here.

Cricket and rugby were not abandoned when you invented baseball and american football 100 years ago

Oh yeah, I forgot about Canadians. They're worse than brits about it definitely, though they literally wouldn't exist if they weren't

>upper class being the key point there
I was making a point about the quality of the NHS compared to American hospitals, not their affordability. That and the expediency of service in the US

The draw for upper class people is mostly down to the experimental drugs/provcedures in the US raising the survivability of a lot of diseases as well as the procedures used in surgeries. Doesn't do much for poor people though, I'll admit

>mfw American """men""" play rounders
>mfw American """men""" play lacrosse
>mfw American """men""" play rugby with pads

Gay cunts are in control of America and it's ruining shit here. I like most American people though, pretty cool guys.

Need to elect Trump tbqh with you, it's the only way to make everything right

I feel like the Australian accent sounds a lot like an American one..
Is it just me?
I mean, I know a lot of Canadians sound like Americans, but that's because we're next to them. But like, my accent is very different, but an aussie accent is like really similar to an american one.

>mfw "british" "men" hand muslims control of their capital

>you need to elect Trump
We're working on it. Now that El Rato is gone we're halfway there

Godspeed you fat cunt

>I was making a point about the quality of the NHS compared to American hospitals
I've brought up this point with an expat friend living in the states, and some yank expats living here in the past. Bare in mind these were middle classed yanks, and my expat friend earns top dollar over there. Apparently this is a meme and it's much the same.

I do believe that the "top" tier of medicine is better over there, obviously, shit loads of money in it and it's a bigger country, but for everyday (even middle classed) yanks it's the same.

Also one thing to bare in mind is that outside of CA or NYC - odds are it's going to be worse than the standard in London. Just thinking about if you have a medical emergency or something, but even if you had a disease and you live in a flyover you might have to travel thousands of miles to get decent treatment.

Apples and oranges and the NHS is struggling, but there's a reason it's our national institution akin to your 2nd amendment rights or something.

kek I hate to admit it as a Tory but he was the best candidate.

Because they are extremely close to us and don't want to be confused with us

Just you, there's nothing similar to an Aussie accent, except Kiwi.

Caught in an eternal struggle between their British roots and American ambitions.

Where I live, because of the cost of healthcare, almost all the poor people just go to the emergency room when they are sick instead of seeing an actual doctor. They do this because it is illegal for an emergency room to turn anyone away.

They cant pay, and one of our hospitals actually went bankrupt, but a more serious side effect is that the few times i have gone to the emergency room in my life, it was packed full of people who were there because they had a bad cold.

Ive always felt like going to the ER is a gamble, will you be seen before you die?

This would not happen if everyone were able to see a regular doctor.

is meme

We are pretty much the same people. English colonists thousands of miles away from the homeland.

>"british" "men"

londoners

Because it's not the US expanding McDonald's, it's McDonald's expanding McDonald's

It's not our fault, it's the fault of people in foreign countries eating mcdonalds giving them reason to be there

They triage. Every time I've been to the hospital I've sat around in fucking agony for hours on end nursing whatever broken bones I had, but the one time I had something (which wasn't actually serious) but potentially time was of the essence I was rushed through -- didn't even go to the waiting room.

Do you get invoiced for the ER visit btw?

>reverse gentrification
>best candidate
Im gonna migrate to Britain and run for mayor of London.

There was a plan proposed to deal with the cost with TORT reform (malpractice suits) and the establishment of small chapter type things that would negotiate with the hospitals directly with stop loss insurance for the big ticket items. There was something like that implemented in Wisconsin and it worked out alright

Either way, the cost is so high because of 1) malpractice is fucking insane and 2) the gubmint can't make up its mind on whether it wants universal healthcare or not

Negro envidioso

I don't think anyone says the quality is shit in the US, its the US for gods sake of course there is world class treatment available.
But who it's available to is the issue.

I thought an Aussie earlier said something about the quality being worse than the NHS, but I might have just misread it

Not really. They are basically warm England, you have a distinct culture (no offense ozbros) Demographics wise they're like 90% British with a shitload of first generations (including their ex PM who was born in Wales for example)

But they definitely look to you as opposed to at us.. If that makes sense

Healthcare is one of the few things I'll admit you guys do better

Not necessarily the quality of it, I can comment on it, but the amount more that we pay is absurd and I will vote for any politician who works to socialize it

They have the same origins. And when they were left alone developed on the same path as the U.S.

>the gubmint can't make up its mind on whether it wants universal healthcare or not
political lobbying lad. 2 much money in it. I hope you find the political will to sort it tho, Obamacare (from what I understand) is a joke, so is having that general situation in a first world country.

We had to do that to prove we weren't cucks to Europe and create a national identity

>Do you get invoiced for the ER visit btw?
Yes, luckily when ive had to go in the past my insurance covered everything, prices are stupid, though insurance doesn't actually pay the full amount for pretty much anything in the US, as they negotiate.

Im sure there are studies done on quality but idk which is better, the point being neither are shit.

they are fairly Americanised from what Ive heard
I mean at some point they were literally just brits left in the sun for a bit too long, dont think they are now

Baseball was first played in England

You abandon your own sport, not us