What's the best text editor

What's the best text editor
I want to code C++ and I would prefer if it supports inbuilt compiler

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5_sT-z3EtZ0
spacemacs.org/
stackoverflow.com/questions/59670/how-to-get-rid-of-deprecated-conversion-from-string-constant-to-char-warnin
curvykate.com/blog/star-in-a-bra-top-thirty-jane-blackhall/
imgur.com/a/yIw4n
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

literal autists will say vim

just use or at least try Sublime text

Windows Notepad

>builtin compiler

Use a fucking IDE then you backbirth.

I am gonna stop you rght there. Use IDEs instead of texteditors.
I suggest VisualStudio because it is getting open sourced, well the community edition.

Now why you should use text editors?
You shouldn't.

We learnt doing math on paper, we couldn't use calculator, but now we can and should because it increases productivity. It is also true for programming. Only autismos use texteditors just because 'muhg h4ck3r linux machine'

Is visual studio the best for windows?

>sauce.jpg
Have you tried asking

Codeblocks. I into using it when I start programing.

oopd

Notepad++ is all you need at the beginning, as it helps you to code correctly on your own.
After you reach some level of basic skills, you will easily find a IDE according to your preferences anyway.

>text editor
>inbuilt compiler
Just use IDE. Try QtCreator or Codeblocks

I'm a pleb and use the clang plugin with Visual Studio Code, does auto-completion and boots relatively quickly compared to Visual Studio.
But then again C++ isn't my daily language.

Nope, VS code is open source which is a text editor not an IDE

Notepad2-mod

eclipse

I wouldn't say it's the best but at least it has some of the features you'd expect from a proper IDE.

sublime/gedit as text editor.

use geany(can compile+run) or an IDE if you're a beginner:
-Qt(works with varios compilers but by default mingw i believe)
-Clion(cmake,mingw,gdb, also requires activation but i can help you with that)

dev-c++ is the best ide for c/c++

Kdevelop

You can use VS and get a Vim/Emacs plugin.

sauce sauce sauce

>code::blocks
>"Sometimes I work sometimes fuck off"

Yes, visual studio is the best IDE period. Everything else is used by people that waste time and want to sound impressive about being able to configure their entire build process manually instead of just letting the IDE do all the work. vi/emacs are wastes and are only used in reality by people that have to use telnet or ssh to connect to a linux terminal.

I don't know about C++ but a basic text editor like vim (basic as in it doesn't autocomplete anything for you by default) is the best way to learn I think as it forces you to do everything yourself. That said I tried VSC out yesterday and it's very comfy for working across multiple files.

As long as you're fine with downloading 20 GB of worthless garbage.

why in god's name would you want your text editor to do compilation?

Visual Studio is the best IDE period for MS languages, as well as C++ development on windows.

Everything else, VS Code.

What about for cross-platform C++ development?

I heard that Qt creator is a pretty good shit.

Qt creator is your best bet if you don't want to become suicidal.

Is code::blocks a meme?

A good one is Geany.

Use build and compile commands to:

g++ -Wall -g -c "%f" -Wno-write-strings -std=c++11"

for C++ 11.

Who is she?

medit

Qt is god if you get to know it.

Name. I NEED A NAME.

my name is pajeet

No, the one in OP, u fucking pajeet

Eclipse with Vim keybindings plugin

give name desu

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

I'm really not sure if I should use an IDE (PhpStorm) or a text editor stuffed with plugins (Atom).

>Be comfy writing code in IDE
>put it in a server
>hmm I forgot to update a few lines
>ssh into the server

where's your IDE now?

>Text Editor
>Inbuilt compiler

Compilers aren't text, you silly prick. If you can't be arsed to compile stuff, then just get an IDE already and be done with it.

ugh reverse image doesnt return anything

>not using git to push into your docker containers
you're like a little babby

GNU emacs. You're welcome.

>use an IDE

Anyone suggesting this to this guy hasn't actually ever learned to code. By using an IDE when you're learning, you're cutting out a huge portion of the experience. If half your shit is getting autocompleted, the process of writing and understanding isn't being followed through properly.

Use an IDE for actual production work once you're a good programmer. Do not use one for learning.

Use emacs if you have the time and enough autism to learn the editor - that way you can have your "inbuilt compiler" whenever you want it.

Use vim if you want full-keyboard fast editing with great find/replace if you're managing large amounts of work.

Use gedit or sublime or atom or literally anything if you want something simple and likely GUI based.

GIVE THE FUCKING SAUCE YOU GODDAMN FAG I SWEAR TO ME MUM I HAVE LOOKED FOR IT AND I GOT NOTHING SO FUCKING TELL ME NIGGER

Notepad

CodeBlocks

>By using an IDE when you're learning, you're cutting out a huge portion of the experience.
like, what, spending 33% more time switching between tmux windows to do exactly what an IDE would do for you and bring nothing more to the "programming experience" ?

Better than having your brain riddled with memory holes and not being able to type an entire function's name without hitting CTRL-SPACE after three characters.

Better than being 20 years in to a career in programming and not being able to start working with a brand new language because you have to wait for a company to sell you an IDE first.

Better than being constantly trained to skim and do things "quickly" rather than doing them properly and actually reading for comprehension.

If you're learning to program by writing 33% less code, you're not learning properly, and you're not training yourself to think things through and take things slowly enough to properly understand them.

IDEs are helpful when you actually need to get things done in a production environment, but their help tends to also prevent you from really learning the language. In my experience, the stronger programmers don’t use an IDE and also have no problem producing code at the same speed as IDE users. I also find that
the code produced with an IDE is lower quality. I have no idea why, but I highly recommend if
you want deep solid skills in a programming language that you avoid IDEs while you’re learning.

>If you're learning to program by writing 33% less code
That's not what I said faggot.

Being able to type your code in an editor and having all the tools in a tabbed layout (debugger, console...) and simply pressing a key to Run/Compile is not gonna make you a worse programmer ; also, the plugins that are most used in text editors are autocompletion and snippets, so stop pretending leet-texteditor-programmers don't use autocompletion

t. Eclipse user

Atom / PlatformIO

GIVE THE FUCKING SAUCE ALREADY YOU FAG

>kpop
>japanese girl

Try KDevelop
also if you prefer cli, micro can be made into a full ide basically.

I knew Sup Forums will start raging without sauce
Here its from fb

THANK U

youtube.com/watch?v=5_sT-z3EtZ0

>dental braces
0/10 put in the trash and burn the trash

this

I would still give her a spin.

Fuck VS code, looks like shit. Eclipse all the way.

VS is shit. Fine for C# but wouldn't use it else where.

Spacemacs is really nice. It is a configuration for Emacs that blends the good parts of Emacs and Vim together

It also adding some new concepts of its own like the space menu.

It makes the power of Emacs a lot more accessible and discoverable.

spacemacs.org/

>What's the best text editor

There's only one editor that you can also make your shell: Emacs.

>I want to code C++

Why? Whatever. I'm sure there's some shitty C++ mode for Emacs.

>and I would prefer if it supports inbuilt compiler

If you code in Elisp, you can run your programs right within your editor/shell!

Someone needs to make a compiler suite in elisp.
C wouldn't be hard, hell, the final exercise of sicp is practically that.

>-Wno-write-strings

What the fuck is your problem

In case anyone is curious about what the issue is, see this:

stackoverflow.com/questions/59670/how-to-get-rid-of-deprecated-conversion-from-string-constant-to-char-warnin

spacemacs user here, it has some rough edges, but I agree it's the best text editor out there, leagues ahead of shit like sublime and atom, and a reasonable choice over stock vim and emacs.

Qt creator is better.

Yeah, for C++ visual studio is the best in the game. Supreme debugger, intuitive settings and even has a vim plugin.
The only reason i still use winblows desu

>backbirth
are you german by any chance?

I help maintain a codebase with 3 mil lines of code with vim
You dont need an ide and also if you use tmux you can just split a pane
When im refactoring i use vim splits and i have a tmux split for my compiling
Its no big deal

Also very good at taking days to parse millions of LOC projects when you just wanted to do a quick edit.

>What's the best text editor
I personally think Kate is the best text editor.
If you want vim or emacs to be better, you have to put a lot of time into it, researching, scripting and finding other scripts.

You can do the same thing with kate, but you don't have to.
The defaults is pretty good, you can most likely use it without changing anything, but if you want to, you rarely have to look up documentation unless you need to read the api, but if you are changing at that level, you are probably okay with that.
>I want to code C++ and I would prefer if it supports inbuilt compiler
Kate can call the compiler or makefile or whatever, but if you want an IDE, you can use kdevelop.
It uses kate as the editor, so it is as fast as using an editor, but you also have other features, such as context awareness (which is slow, but in a separate thread, so whatever.

You can also use it to make your own editor, if you need to optimize it for something else.
Take kile.
This is a kate editor made to be an IDE (or ILE) for latex.

who is she?

I use Visual Studio with gcc as compiler. You'll need to hack around intellisense for a bit (force-include a file with all macros and builtins used by gcc) but it's worth it.

curvykate.com/blog/star-in-a-bra-top-thirty-jane-blackhall/
imgur.com/a/yIw4n

It's a thai trap after all.

Wordpad for Windows 95

fuck

stop posting slutty and sexy bait women on sfw boards without any context

That's no woman!

> push into your docker containers

Wot m8