New iPad Pro Ad - No PC Viruses

youtube.com/watch?v=dRM31VRNQw0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=INs_bnk4yJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2-5RP-okG8w
lwn.net/Articles/708196/
technewsinc.com/apple-developing-arm-chip-for-mac-963456/
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-20/how-apple-alienated-mac-loyalists
techcrunch.com/2016/12/19/apples-tim-cook-assures-employees-that-it-is-committed-to-the-mac-and-that-great-desktops-are-coming/
youtube.com/watch?v=K--NM_LjQ2E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

holy fuck what a dumb ad

lmao

was thinking the same but then i realized; this is just a propaganda for windows supported tablets like surface and mipad
and also they're trying to kill laptops too i guess since "PC" viruses can work on macbooks too
why a white woman should buy a laptop when there's iPad, right?

Really makes you think

Windows = gets PC viruses but not Mac viruses

Mac = gets Mac viruses but not PC viruses

GNU/Linux = doesn't get Mac viruses or PC viruses

Ganoo Slash Loonix: 1
Applel: 0
Microshit: 0

the sad thing is that this ad is probably pretty effective

THIS. Verbatim.

>Comments disabled for this video

I wonder why, I mean doesn't Apple like consumer feedback or something?

GNU/Linux gets enough exploits and viruses...don't get your hopes up mate.

>no pc viruses on a tablet

is this where the bar is now?

A few viruses for PC actually work on Linux if you run them through Wine :^)

>Except ghosts!
What did they mean by this?

oh shi-

I always laugh when people think FOSS is impenetrable when often the opposite is true, since nobody is getting paid to keep it secure. Thus we have things like Heartbleed, Shellshock or very recently Dirty Cow (9-year-old Linux kernel privilege escalation exploit)

Wow... That what's Apple come to.

You gotta be seriously retarded to get viruses in this day and age.

Agreed. Too bad most people ARE retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=INs_bnk4yJQ

BETTER THAN A COMPUTER

Sup Forums BTFO!!!!!!!!!!

Some people are actually being paid to fix exploits in Linux. It's just that some exploits are a pain in the ass to fix.

wtf I love iPad Pro now

youtube.com/watch?v=2-5RP-okG8w

This video is even more retarded than what OP posted. I mean, really?

You can access the internet using LTE on your laptop/desktop (provided that you have an LTE capable device that can share internet access which almost all modern smartphones are capable of, and I'm sure that your mobile network provider gave you a pocket WiFi device if you do not have an LTE capable smartphone).

I seriously hate myself every time that I say it but... I fucking want that stylus. I seriously don't get it. At their first attempt their stylus became wacom-tier, which not even Microsoft are able to do yet.

>At their first attempt their stylus became wacom-tier

apple marketer plz go

This is an strawman and even a dumb one. Please tell me what is the point of allowing people to have the source to "study and improve it" if there exist a method to create perfect code? Open source has advantage in that sense precisely because it was created with the fact that "perfect code doesn't exists" in mind.

Dude it is better then anything Microsoft have shitted out of their ass in the past 4 generations that Surface has existed.

>GNU/Linux = doesn't get Mac viruses or PC viruses
Too bad Linux desktop is TEN YEARS BEHIND WINDOWS AND MAC!

Yes, not only is TEN YEARS BEHIND when it comes to usability and GUI technologies, but it's TEN YEARS BEHIND when it comes to SECURITY!

>This was too easy. It should not be possible to find a serious memory corruption vulnerability in the default Linux desktop attack surface with just a few minutes of looking. Although it's hard to say it, this is not the kind of situation that occurs with a latest Windows 10 default install. Is it possible that Linux desktop security has rotted?

>The free-software community is often proud that switching to a Linux desktop is an almost surefire way to avoid many of the security issues that plague users of the Windows operating system. Malware for Linux desktops practically doesn't exist. However a lot of that added security may simply be attributable to the fact that fewer people use Linux and thus it is a less attractive target for malware authors. If the Linux desktop wants to stay a secure choice for users it needs to strengthen its security. Bug finding techniques, safer programming languages, sandboxes, and additional exploit mitigation techniques can all play a role in this.

lwn.net/Articles/708196/

Linux = Security Through Obscurity and Security Through Irrelevance.

>grandma buys ipad (non pro) thinking itll work like a laptop after her acer dies
>"user exe files wont open"
>I explain to her that she needs a PC, an ipad can only work with approved apps on the app store
>She returns it a day later and buys a rMBP
>"user exe files wont open"
>Explain to her that she needs a windows machine
>She then decides to buy one of those piece of shit atom laptops, but its enough for her considering shes 70 and itll let her open the programs she needs
>"user would you like the macbook, its so confusing and I know you're better with technology than I am and you'd appreciate it more"
>got a free 2 grand macbook for basically existing

>we are millennials the company

>He thinks kernels have a UI component to them
Geez you're a fucking retard

>buttmad freetard is trying to distract people away from a SHIT STATE OF LINUX SECURITY
stay butthurt, freetard Pajeet! security of your OS is FUCKING THIRD-WORLD GARBAGE TIER!

>Feeling proud taking $2000 from your grandparent's pension.

What does Gnome have to do with the Linux Kernel or GNU? Do you blame windows if Adobe flash has a vulnerability? I'm guessing not.

>Do you blame windows if Adobe flash has a vulnerability?
People often do this.

>thinking Linux is "a desktop"
>not knowing what a DE is and having clearly never used Cinnamon (or any other modern DE)
>thinking opening your source code to the world is "security through obscurity"
>not realizing Linux servers power the bulk of the pages you access from your MacBook exactly because they're so secure

go and stay go

My grandmas loaded and I did say she could return it, but she said to take it as a gift of "all the hard work Ive done for her" which is literally set up a router and her internet in the past

its not better than wacom

plz go apple shill

it's just the most popular DE, freetard. I'm sure your SHIT DE is 10 times worse than GNOME.

FACT is that Linux desktop security is non-existent since no one is paid to work on it and no there's no economic value in attacking it so it's security through IRRELEVANCE. but as soon as someone looks at ti, they find SERIOUS security holes in MINUTES OF LOOKING!

Fucking sad!

Stay mad!!

Some old people have more money than they know what to do with

GNOME 3 and Unity are gay though.

Nice alternative-fact, Unity is the most popular DE by far.

Those things exist in Windows and MacOS, its just because it is proprietary, only NSA, GCHQ, Russia, China etc. have the resources to find them.

>got a free 2 grand macbook for basically existing
you're retarded.
You should have returned it and got the $2000. Now you have a depreciated piece of dead-end technology.
And even sadder, your grandma knows you are gay.

Macintosh confirmed for being END OF LIFE

also related
Mac going to switch to same CPU architecture as iPhone and iPad
technewsinc.com/apple-developing-arm-chip-for-mac-963456/

Apple has totally cut back on engineers working on Mac
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-20/how-apple-alienated-mac-loyalists

Tim Cook swears that they totally have new Macs coming. Honest injun!
techcrunch.com/2016/12/19/apples-tim-cook-assures-employees-that-it-is-committed-to-the-mac-and-that-great-desktops-are-coming/

At least I can still hackintosh my pc right now. Until they don't support intel cpu, I guess.

>Until they don't support intel cpu, I guess.
Already happening. Hakintosh support for newest CPUs like Kaby lake is shit.

Remember when Apple would launch Intel chips before any of the clone mfgs? Now they release products at the end of the current generation.

Mac is kill

Apple is getting desperate, trying every stupid thing to make the iPad sales grow.

doesn't fix the security holes retard
Linux needs fixing, and bad

>except ghosts

I would 100% rather have a late 90s piece of shit Gateway infested with every sort of ransomware imaginable than to have my computer fucking haunted by ghosts.

youtube.com/watch?v=K--NM_LjQ2E
>word

My argument was that it is better than Microsoft's alternative to Wacom, not Wacom itself.
Nothing can compare to Wacom.

>no one is paid to work on it
Incorrect. Red Hat does most of the work (on GNOME), while Oracle and Novell (Suse) leech off their work.

>You can access the internet using LTE on your laptop/desktop (provided that you have an LTE capable device that can share internet access which almost all modern smartphones are capable of, and I'm sure that your mobile network provider gave you a pocket WiFi device if you do not have an LTE capable smartphone).

Hahahahahaha... No. That's not how it works, at least not in Burgerland. Carriers come up with all kinds of creative ways to jack you out of tethering. They'll bar you from tethering on an unlimited data plan (which used to be the case for me), or they'll give you a separate pool of 'tethered' data, or something along those lines. Or, they'll sell you a phone and just straight-up make you dicker with them for tethering access. Verizon did that to my dad, even though he has a metered data plan, under which condition Verizon is legally obligated to allow him to tether as part of the conditions of a spectrum licensing contract with the FCC.

Believe me, man, I used to get my mobile internet access via tethering, and I had nothing but trouble with it. I had to jailbreak to do it on iOS, I had to root to do it on Android, and I kept having to patch the entitlement file back to stock on my old Nexus 6 before I could apply updates, because it'd trip the ROM integrity check otherwise. New versions of Android often came with the need for new patches, too. They kept changing how the entitlement checks worked.

tl;dr Tethering is actually a huge pain in the ass to get and use in a lot of cases. I know, I did it. Now, I have an LTE iPad that's my go-to for mobile university work, and it's been really good to me for about six months so far.

So, only RH has some engineers to work on it. I bet they have 1/100th of the engineers of MS/Apple devoted to security. MS/Apple have hundreds of people in their security division who do nothign but fuzz & do exploit analysis of their products.

I wish Linux DEs would be tested that well.

>iPad

>t. mactoddler

Why do people want tablets with keyboards when you can get a laptop

In the case of stuff like iPads, they want it because you can detach the keyboard and still have a relatively usable computer. I really like detaching my iPad's keyboard for reading, writing or general one-handed standing usage.

In the case of the Surface, I just don't know. The practicality of a Windows computer decreases so much when you detach the keyboard that basically nobody carries their Surface without the keyboard, so it's effectively a laptop anyway.

this is one of the worst ads i have ever seens

Windows, MacOS and Linux all have vulnerabilities.
The difference is that with Linux they get fixed as soon as they are discovered. Microsoft and Apple basically ignore them and only release a fix until the next scheduled patch.

tmobile and all their subcarriers don't give 2 shits about tethering

i do it all the time
the only shitty thing is getting reception inside of buildings, once you're more than 1 floor deep you get no 4G.

Yeah, T-Mobile and their MVNOs are about the only providers that are agreeable re: tethering. Everyone else tries to bend you over a barrel.

Microsoft's and Wacom's tablet styluses both suffer from jitters at slow speeds. Apple Pencil doesn't. However they should improve on comfort on it, hands get cramped easily.

why are windows shills always so salty. Now they started using smug anime pics to trigger even more people.

that's because it never works long enough to get a virus

Based T-Mobile and a rooted phone is the best combo

>still copypasting this shit
>leaves out the fact that the bugs were fixed instantly
>completely ignores that gstreamer ≠ linux
kys you dirty weeb

>vuln discovered in linux kernel
>patched out that same afternoon
>vuln discovered in windows
>patch will be included in next numbered release of windows

Debian GNU/Linux doesn't have this problem.

This is why you run Windows programs in a Windows VM.

Implying that there's no financial incentive to fix vulnerabilities in the Linux kernel invalidates everything else you said and makes you look like an idiot. About 2/3 servers run Linux and a majority of smartphones worldwide run Android, which uses the Linux kernel. There are lots of people being paid to work on it.

The problem is that people are able to just download and run executables. This has always been a huge mistake, and needs to be disabled by default in all mainstream operating systems. Idiots will download and run any exe or deb file or whatever if the friendly webpage tells them their browser is outdated. App stores are less of a meme than people on Sup Forums think they are. If everyone used Ubuntu Software Center, Apple App Store, and whatever MS has then I would bet malware infection rates would be cut by as much as 50%.

>Too bad Linux desktop is TEN YEARS BEHIND WINDOWS AND MAC!
There is no such thing as a Linux DE. Linux is a kernel. That's like saying Mac OS uses an XNU DE, or that Windows uses an NT DE. It's fucking retarded.

>Yes, not only is TEN YEARS BEHIND when it comes to usability and GUI technologies, but it's TEN YEARS BEHIND when it comes to SECURITY!
So why do so many servers use it? Why does Google run on Linux? The kernel is fine. If you're confused about the OS called GNU which is commonly paired with the Linux kernel to form a fully functional desktop OS, that is also separate from the desktop environment. Gnome is the official DE, and is shit. There are better environments like Cinnamon or KDE.

>Linux = Security Through Obscurity and Security Through Irrelevance.
Millions of desktops, phones, and servers run the Linux kernel. It's hardly irrelevant outside of your own bubble of stupidity. It's also open source, which leads me to believe you don't know what "obscurity" means.

I'm actually happy tim cook took the CEO position...

I can't wait to see this faggot run this corporation to the ground,

>You can't get a computer virus if you're not using a computer

>comments disabled

think different

>iPad
have to either hold up and get your arm tired, lay it flat and look straight down which also gets old, or buy a clunky smart cover to prop it up at limited angles
>MacBook
screen held up by hinge on base, adjusts to any angle you'd need, don't have to buy a separate ugly clunky keyboard to get an actual keyboard that's not retarded to type on
>iPad
selecting text is retarded
>MacBook
selecting text isn't retarded
>iPad
have to move your hand and arm constantly all over a 10-inch screen to get anything done, blocking the content on-screen in the process
>MacBook
keep your hand comfortably in one place (trackpad) most of the time and get greater precision

iPads suck, even in the realm of basic usability. I get that tablets caught on because most netbooks and laptops at the time were still bulky and somewhat heavy, but we have ultrabooks now

>the OS is called GNU

Lol.

The OS you actually use, the OS that actually handles all the desktop shit, THE DEVICE MANAGEMENT, and BOOTING THE WHOLE OPERATING SYSTEM is freedesktop.

It's polkit, consolekit, systemd/udev, X or wayland

Even the technologies used by "GANOO"'s DE, the GANOO object model environment, are FREEDESKTOP. GNU is a major contributor to FREEDESKTOP, which, still is not GNU, but FREEDESKTOP.

GNU is a toolkit for programmers, not an OS .Get with the times you communist cocksucker. It's FREEDESKTOP Linux. Brought to you by redhat.

WELCOME TO 2017 HOLY SHIT

Untrue, javascript alerts are rendered in page.

>Comments are disabled for this video.

Imagine how unique, sexy and intelligent that bitch to the right thought she would look banging on a typewriter in a cafe

>no pc viruses
>only apple viruses

turing machine ?
>yes
no computer virus
>yes
no

niggercattle is oblivious of the theory of computation.

Well yes for us intelligencia, but the average proletariat will buy this hook line and sinker.

>using botnet programs
fucking kill yourself

Well if someone installs an emulator on the ipad, then it can get pc viruses

NOT THE CASE IF YOU CAN'T INSTALL AN EMULATOR!

There are laptops with SIM card slots as well, so it's a moot point.

If you want LTE access on a laptop, you have options.

So have they already given up on iwork?

therefor GNU/Linux = iOS
if you want power, use BSD/Linux