Managed to salvage this from a TV box that was destined for landfill

Managed to salvage this from a TV box that was destined for landfill.

How do I turn this into an external HDD?

Thanks you guys

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Lay-Flat-Docking-EC-DFLT/dp/B00LS5NFQ2/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1487429163&sr=1-4&keywords=hard drive enclosure
instructables.com/id/Unlock-hard-drive-from-an-old-BT-Vision-box/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Connector 1

can the molex connector be pulled out. looks like a regular sata hard drive.

You could probably get some type of enclosure or something for it on Amazon or Ebay.

amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Lay-Flat-Docking-EC-DFLT/dp/B00LS5NFQ2/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1487429163&sr=1-4&keywords=hard drive enclosure

This would actually be quite good for it.

This cable is a SATA (Transfers data) the other one is the power connector. You can take those off, if you're gonna be placing it in a enclosure there is no need for them. Don't toss them away though, you could need them in the future.

How have you managed to stay alive for so long. You are humungously stupid.

if its from a BT box it might be encrypted. you can decrypt but it takes a couple of hours. if its from a sky box it will work straight away with no shenanigans

>it might be encrypted

It seems like he salvaged it so I doubt he cares about the data so he should be able to just wipe the drive and use it normally afterwards.

give it back, jamal

Connector 2

Sky box from the UK

you fucking nigger.
Give it back

Yup

be sure to hook this up to a computer WITH internet so it can download the right software FOR you
it would save you tons of time!

Without the cables, these are the connections

>current state of Sup Forums

Please explain why brah, what software am I looking to get

> He thinks a connector standard that has existed for as long as PCs have requires a photo for identification
> He is completely unaware of SATA or drive enclosures.

You are literally the normie cancer killing Sup Forums. Fuck off back to wherever you came from, and learn to fucking google.

I'm calling the police right now
enjoy being deported, jamal

Oh my fucking god, is this a troll? What the fuck are you doing on Sup Forums?

Nigga STFU

Next take a closer pictures of the text on the front to see which HDD it is

Is this a good one?

You can see it in op pic you blind fuck, its a seagate 500gb.

I wanted him to take a closer look at it since it tell him the information he needs. Also yeah Ilmy eyes are quite bad...

its firmware encrypted. it will only work on the box it came from unless you decrypt. windows mac or linux won't even detect it. theres a boot disk method but you have to run on every sector, so 1-2TB drive will take a while

you'll be fine then, just put it in a caddy and format it.
They are locked to 1.5GBp/s mode though, but this is not a problem over usb 2/3

Sheeeeeet. How do I decrypt it on Windows?

Just fucking plug it into your shitbox and try it

> Tells him the information he needs

Nigger its a bog standard SATA drive. What information could you possibly need from the label?

I want to go back

LEL he would just go to reddit
and it would show up back here
on "Best of Sup Forums" so he's doing us a huge favor

you don't need to with the sky ones, they just werk.

The BT method for those interested instructables.com/id/Unlock-hard-drive-from-an-old-BT-Vision-box/

great thread OP

I never even thought of doing this with Linux! That would be so much easier. I'm definitely going to try it when I get some time. Thanks for the info.

Well he didn't know what a SATA cable or molex so.. I think he needs all the help

OP is stupid nigger.
that's a regular HDD, you retard.

some cheap chinese shit from amazon uk.
I've had a samsung 2TB eco drive in one of these for 2 years, it works fine and runs pretty cool, just a few degrees above ambient

This. I used one to unfuck a 320GB laptop HD.

>mfw this whole thread
ayy nu-Sup Forums

Give it back, Tyrone.

The worst part is not a single one of these fuckers thought to point him to /sqt/. I can only assume the people helping this fleshwaste are equally retarded and are helping out of sympathy.

To the ones that are being disrespectful when I asked a simple question, not everyone knows everything.

is that one of those placebo anti-static wrist bands?
LOL

Looks like a chink band actually.

Go fuck yourself. If you're too stupid, in two thousand and fucking seventeen, to google "how do i make an external HDD", you don't deserve an internet connection.

You want us to assemble it for you as well numbnuts?

This, just hook it up and Windows should autodetect and seek the necessary drivers.
Easy peasy lemon-squeezy

I see a Mi Band. Shit is good.

>gay ass wristband
>women fingers
faggo pls, you're so retarded you can't google a sata to usb adapter or a case

No, you dumb fuck

ah so it's a glorified GPS tracker that sends data to NSA
thanks

You are in absolutely no position to be calling anyone dumb..

Obviously a troll... anyone who would rip this component out and immediately recognize it as a hard drive would know what molex or sata is.

just get a 3.5" usb>sata enclosure

this. ffs nu-Sup Forums sucks

Yeah, this whole thread is bait

Get off this board you imbecile.

>Chink tracker

Good gwailo

Thanks for the serial

You have been reported to the cyber police

You are a retard, you do not belong here.