Was Vista a better OS in its time than Windows 10 is now?

Was Vista a better OS in its time than Windows 10 is now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HlH4ZCVyP8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

Pretty sure windows 10 would run better on an old vista system than vista does.

Vista followed what was the best consumer version of Windows, and was very, very poorly received at the time.

It wasn't until 10 that we got some simple UI functionality like "scroll focus follows mouse" back that had been removed after XP. 10 gets shit on a lot. But there are things arguably better than 7 if you aren't running a bunch of software to customize the UI.

10 is still missing sticky window sizes, though.

Well, Microsoft's spyware probably would have crashed Vista, so...

>Vista followed what was the best consumer version of Windows
no it didn't

Every windows OS since 2000 has had telemetry.

>Vista followed what was the best consumer version of Windows, and was very, very poorly received at the time.

Are you talking Windows 8 senpai?

>XP wasn't the best version of consumer Windows

And what was, user? 2000 and NT were aimed at enterprise, and they're the only ones that might fit the bill.

I remember the backlash to vista in mainstream media. Windows 10 hasn't seen anywhere near that level, probably because being free makes it defensible to most.

Depends on what poison you prefer?

Windows 10 comes with tons of spyware and nonsense UI shit.

Windows Vista was at many times -not just during the startup- slow as fuck.

It's kinda like choosing between getting injured or being delayed every time you commute anywhere. Both suck, but maybe you got a preference - heh.

Vista was like a Windows millenium, a piece of garbage, a bridge to 7 and XP, the good ones.

Yep
10 runs like shit on my vista laptop

Windows 10 is fucking shit and doesn't run anything well.
\
At least vista could be tricked into playing games.

vista was fixed with SP1 but it was too late.

Vista is a better choice.

2000 didn't have CEIP.

Vista was disliked because it was slow on shitty celerons and Pentium 4s. That problem fixed itself later, Win7 is basically the same system.

Win8 and 10 are disliked because of their shitty GUIs and included software/behaviours.

Yes.

Best looking os

Yes

Joke is that Vista runs quite well on my P4 shitbox (that being said it has 2GB RAM and I tried it in 2016, when vista was quite pached up.)

Only retards had a problem with Vista.

HURR DURR I CAN'T INSTALL THIS SPYWARE TOOLBAR WHAT THE FUCK IS UAC?? WHY DOES IT POP UP FOR EVERYTHING HURRR

>Vista followed what was the best consumer version of Windows

That was XP, not Vista.

no no no

it absolutely was not

preeety sure that pane is deprecated.

going to color on the 7 era personalization panel links to here

>not being old enough to have used and understood the issues with pre SP vista

Pls. I get the feeling that most people that had a problem with it just installed it on their toaster instead of getting a new PC. Vista was pretty usable if you got it with a new PC.

Although it basically not working with any old hardware that worked with XP is indeed a bad thing. I'm not saying it isn't.

that's because you have vista on it

OEMs selling crap computers that weren't even capable of running Vista + device manufacturers not getting drivers ready for it at launch.

Vista could have been a success, it was a good OS there just wasn't enough support for it at launch.

In ran like a 1970s econobox.

Windows 10 on the other hand runs fine on anything with 4gb of ram, and an early Core i3.

You can buy ANY computer with W10 off the shelf at BestBuy right now, at it'll run W10 smoothly. You could not say that about Vista. The power requirements were just one of its issues.

Both exist in W10.

it was too heavy on resources. 2000 and XP required a lot less to work and while there were improvements in vista, those improvements couldn't justify the fact that vista was bloated as fuck

>no it didn't
>Are you talking Windows 8 senpai?
>That was XP, not Vista.

Reading comprehension.

-Vista was released AFTER the best version of consumer Windows.
-The version released BEFORE Vista was Windows XP

Therefore, Windows XP is the best consumer release of the OS.

>we got some simple UI functionality like "scroll focus follows mouse" back that had been removed after XP
since when did XP have that?

What a tryhard...

The best Vista

>so few people used Vista until SP3 they never experienced what it was able to mature into

I actually missed Vista when I finally switched to Windows 7. The only real reason I did was because so little driver support existed since Vista was so rapidly tossed out once 7 came to be. I even have a wireless card that had drivers for XP and 7, but not Vista.

Vista SP3 is like a lightweight version of 7 without all the fluff added to make it feel more "futuristic."

I'd take that over the current mess that is Windows 10 any day. I can't even find any of the settings I'm looking for thanks to 2 separate system tray menus and dozens of sub menus hidden away in counter intuitive ways.
Speaking of wireless cards, I tried getting my working this past week and was amazed by all the various "properties" and "advanced settings" menus there were. Many of which providing partially redundant information available in a different menu, yet hiding one or two sole functions you would never expect to find within.

Windows 10 is like the Pontiac Aztek of operating systems.

Me was not the best consumer version of Windows. It is universally considered to be the worst.

2000 was not consumer-grade.

youtube.com/watch?v=HlH4ZCVyP8U

>Those comfy as fuck startup and shutdown noises