Website creation tools

Sup Sup Forums I'm starting a website about technology and gaming, I want it with comments, Forums, Scene, etc.

Which one is the best way to create a website?
I'm learning Computer Science, but im just starting, should I start with a creation tool online then create a new one with my own code?

Thanks in advance!

Shameless self bumps

Google is an amazing thing.

And it's not full of autists screeching at you.

I suggest you go to Google.

Wordpress.

ASP.NET Web Forms

write it yourself?

with all these new css directives and shit, you have no excuse to not do it yourself.

I did.
Should I start with Wordpress then go full site?
Would try thanks.

Any tips?

>Studies computer science
>wants to learn web dev
You fucked up my man.

No, I just want to create my own site, thats it. Cuz I don't have the skills yet, thats why I say that should I write it later?

Do you want to code it from scratch?
Then learn some languages and watch some tutorials.
Otherwise, there are dozens of services that are specifically tailored to help people like you design a website.

Yes, I want to code it from scratch, the main problem is, im green at coding, at the other side, my brother is Mecatronic Engineer with Computer Science, he can help me, maybe I should Start with services then move to my own site?

It will take you some months until you get the results you want
You'll need to learn:
* HTML
* CSS
* (probably) Javascript
* And Either:
* Some complete web framework like Ruby on Rails or Django together with Ruby / Python
* Or some picked of server side languages, web (micro) frameworks and a database
You'll also need to learn some basic admin stuff to deploy and monitor your website.

Thanks user, ill keep it on mind.
I have no problem with time, this a long time project.

Yeah, I have some tips:
1. Get Visual Studio and learn C#. Visual Studio is free as long as you get a free version like Visual Studio Community.
2. Learn how to use C# in conjunction with Access databases ( it'll be a lot less painful than SQL ). That is, of course, if you want to use a proper database solution.

>I don't have the skills
Dude, do you think CS is going to teach you to program? CS teaches you about algorithms and AI, they don't teach you to program. This is fucking why CS students don't get jobs. They just study their classes and get a 4.0GPA without learning anything on the side. They presume the program gives them everything like a goddamn baby and they never do any work independently of the school. This is why schools need to force kids to do internships. If they don't, they'll just get their diploma and be jobless quick.

You should be actively programming and developing outside of school. People like Bill Gates dropped out of school because they felt like it wasn't giving them what they needed. They had already knew programming and software development and decided to not be filthy codemonkey goyim scum.

OP, stop being a 14 year old. Start programming, start developing, start prototyping, start working with other students and groups, get into a paid internship or side job, start your fucking life dude. Jesus Christ, why do people need to be told this? If I was an employer and you came to me with a 4.0GPA in CS and you told me you used Squarespace because you literally don't know how to do basic HTML/CSS, I'd throw your resume in the trash.

Hell, what do you think is going to be on your resume once you graduate if you keep this attitude? Do you think experience just comes from the magic box that is the CS program? Use your brain dude, be a little entrepreneurial and independent.

Then I'd recommend that you compare the different languages / server side frameworks for bulding your webpage.

I'd recommend that you go for Django.
First because it's a full web framework and most of the stuff is already handled for you (but you aren't as flexible for implementing your stuff and it's performance is worse than some alternatives , but that doesn't matter in your situation)
Second because you'll learn python, which is really beginner friendly and also is really handy in general (it is also used in fields like machine learning)
You'll still need to learn HTML and CSS regardless of which option you pick.

>recommending a MVC api for no reason
That's stupid. MVCs like django, ruby on rails, AngularJS, et cetera are great but they're only great if you need them. Does OP realy need something that dynamic for his shitty personal website?

Nah, he needs basic HTML/CSS with maybe some javascript code calling jquery functions and that's it. When he understands how a web page and form fill works, then he can come back and ask about how he can create a web front end for his database or inventory system or whatever.

Dood, chill....
I'm already Industrial Engineer and Chef.
I already have a good job with plenty of free time, thats why im studying CS on internet, I'm taking clases like CX50, etc.

I just want to create a Website about tech and Games with youtube channel, etc.
Where I can get money from ads, etc.
But mostly because I love tech and games, I'm already making projects on a few languages, like I say tips will be helpful and I'm keeping it on mind.

I can use different languages on the website right?

So where should I start? also should I create the site with online tools then move it to my own one?

This. I study EE and most students don't know shit about electronics after 3 years if they don't have their own little hobby projects at home.

>studying CS on internet
Just don't dude. Skip the CS courses and just start programming. If you're majoring in CS or even studying it, that means you don't want to work in either computers or science. It's a very specialized field.

>I just want to create a Website about tech and Games with youtube channel, etc.
Trust me when I say avoid squarespace, wix, wordpress and any other website template company like the fucking plague. They start off very easy and intuitive, but then you want to realign the element and you end up spending 5 hours looking through abstract and non-readable html code pooped out by their software. Plus, those websites tend to make you pay for basic features like more than 3 pages and embedding spotify playlists (I actually got around this for a client by injecting html code into an empty text element lol). Plus, you're not going to make ad money on those websites. I don't even think they offer ad programs and I'm sure if you start sticking weird google adsense shit on their templates, they'd get pissy.

If you really want a website but you don't feel capable of writing it yourself immediately, hire a professional third party.

Never ever ever use a tool to do the work for you, man. Frameworks exist to make it easier, but you won't learn anything if you don't actually code. For a newbie, I would suggest taking a look at Ruby on Rails

I'd agree that he should first start with HTML and CSS and not go straight for Django, but why do you think that Django is overkill for his features (comments, a forum etc.)?

There are some languages that your website most definitly will have:
HTML (is actually a markup language, not a programming language)
CSS
Javascript (THE programming language for the browser, can be also generated by other languages, but it's essential to know it)

Then you additionally pick whatever language you want to run your server, this is mostly dictated by your framework (if you use one).
You could also split up your server application and use multiple languages, but that adds more unnecessary complexity, so should have a really good reason to do it (e.g. You have already implemented features X, Y, Z in some language, but know you suddenly need feature A which will be absolutely terrible to implement in your current server side language)