Corsair Gaming K70 vs Razer BlackWidow Chroma

So, which one is objectively better?

>>>/reddit/

K70 because of the REAL cherry MX switches instead of the Chinese knock offs. They're okay, but the cherry's are objectively more consistent for actuation weight than razer's copycat switch.

The black widow has a more intense color because it has a white underlayer that reflects more light out, the K70 while still bright and colorful doesn't have a white underlay and thus isn't as intense with the colors. However the K70 software is much more customizable than Razer's.

/thread

>blackwidow user here
Dude I will admit that you are correct about them being not the real deal, however they are not as shit as you depicts them to be. They are solid and has a good feeling to them. The only shitty thing about it is the spacebar.

Oh no, they're prefectly usable I won't deny that. They're just not as good as cherry's. I've been using cherry's for ~18 years now. Ive gotten used to them so I was particularly disappointed when razer elected to drop cherry for their own versions.

I have a K70 and I found that the Linux drivers are terrible, the LEDs started to die after about 1 year, and the keycaps of the bottom row are a nonstandard size, making it nearly impossible to replace them with 3rd party keycaps. I doubt Razer did any better.

RGB or normal single color LEDS? I have the K70 RGB and I've had it 18 months without issue on any of the LEDs.

Understandable. I do want to at some point get myself a new keyboard, with genuine Chery MX switches. It is just that the blue switches isn't that popular anymore, and that is what I prefer the most to type on.

Enjoy your botnet.

Both a shit.

Is this a LOL thread?

Try matias. Almost a buckling spring tactile reaponse. With metal leafs instead of the cheap cherry shit.

It's the RGB. I lost certain colors on some keys, but there is no single color that works on all my keys now.

Lol that sucks, they have a warranty you know?

I don't like spending money mailing things in to be fixed. I'm in the market for a simpler mechanical keyboard which doesn't require special drivers and uses a solid color across all the keys and has standard keycap sizes.

>which doesn't require special drivers
It actually doesn't if you save the lighting effects you want to the on board memory.

Drivers are only required for things not stored in the on board memory

>It actually doesn't if you save the lighting effects you want to the on board memory.
But without the drivers running if I hit the key that changes how bright the keys are, the lights would all turn off and the keyboard would stop working untiil replugged.

Did you try changing the switch on the back of the keyboard?

The switch that changes the polling rate? Yeah, it doesn't matter which position that is in. It has problems regardless. Even in BIOS mode.

Have tried using both USB at the same time (or if you are using both try using JUST a single usb 3.0)

Yes I always have both plugged in. I think this keyboard was just not meant to be used with Linux.

You're not supposed to have both plugged in. You're only supposed to use a single USB type 3.0 this is the recommended way. Using both usb connections should only be used for USB 2.0 and is less ideal than a single USB 3.0 connection. Further I've read forum issues from mixing USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, or both being USB 3.0 can also cause problems.

If you have a single USB type 3.0 port use the primary USB head (should have a keyboard logo on it)

Neither, G810.