What's the best software to teach touch typing...

What's the best software to teach touch typing? I never really learned how to type without looking at the keyboard and have steered away from office jobs out of embarrassment.

Typing of the dead

>there are people on Sup Forums who think she is a real person

just fucking type a shitload
I was like you at first, but then I started using a computer on a day-to-day basis

pirate typingmaster pro

I never officially "learned" how to do it with staying on the home row and everything, but I can still touch type pretty quickly. Just do anything (except vidya) on the computer for at least a couple hours every day while trying your hardest to not look at the keyboard.

Sup Forums

just shitpost a whole lot more, lots of shitposting, don't think about what you're shitposting about, just shitpost shitpost shitpost.

Do you know how fast you type? I think the job agent is asking for 50 wpm but I feel like even if I hit that number they will see me typing with 4 fingers and laugh me out of the building.

what have you done

Why would they invent a person for typing software?

To own all copyrights and likenesses. Just like how WWE owned their wrestlers characters. If WWE creates the name and copyrights it then Razor Ramon can't be Razor Ramon on WCW.

switch to a new layout. i recommend adnw. then print out the layout and learn it by heart. Know for every letter which finger you have to move in what way.

then start typing, like, just retype something you can see on your screen.

Play a MUD. No joke, this was the single biggest factor for me in learning to touch-type as a kid.

Real time combat keeps your eyes on the screen so as to avoid missing info (also helps speed reading), and the typed commands build the muscle memory.

Simple as that.

I once had a piece of software that was free, lightweight, and designed specifically for improving ones typing ability. I probably still have it but don't actually know what it's called and because it's probably in a compressed file I don't know if I'll ever encounter it again despite likely still being on my system.

Gtypist

That or shitposting on forums and Sup Forums

Almost any of those free online courses will do as long as they show you which finger hits what key.

Most important is to understand that if you have been using a computer all your life and then want to learn to touch type is unlearning how you used to type is the hardest part. It's like learning to walk again. So of course it's gonna be demoralizing and the first week or so you feel like a loser, but stay with it and you should be at 50wpm in a month or so if not sooner.

Mozart learned to play piano without softwares.

gtypist or this (better play the JP version: it uses latin alphabet for hiragana and katakana words, so you get tougher practice with 'unusual' words). Plus it's more fun than gnu.

>software
the best method is practice
once you know where your fingers should go (and you do judging by your picture), you just need practice

it was early social justice.

>software written 100% by non-black males
>invent black female
>portray her as the world expert in typing

In elementary school we had this game called "Type to Learn". It was loud as fuck but it's how I learned

typeracer, keybr, and things of that nature. there are plenty of sites that have ways of helping you type

>Changed layout to colemak
>Learned colemak and touch typing in around a week.

Before this I spent 24 years as a qwerty pecker, but the final solution of just going all in made it easy

join an IRC channel on a topic you actually like.

when i was a teenager in the 90s my typing was awful as fuck and then i started using ICQ to talk to my friends.

after a few weeks of casually chatting while surfing the net was a pro.

I use Klavaro (linux software) and onli do fast typing mode, got from completly retarded 14wpm to less retarded 41wpm in 2 weeks.

i type >100 wpm with just index and middle fingers, none of that home row stuff they try to teach you back in school

other people have said it, but it needs to be repeated
just chat a bunch

Has anyone made a Mavis Beacon r34 game?

Anything that's not mindless consuming will have you poke at your keyboard in a way that encourages learning the layout.

Best way to learn is to practice with typing tests such as typeracer, 10fastfingers etc.

Keep adjusting your typing method until you find something that you're most comfortable with and where you make less mistakes and type faster. Most tutorials & guides won't really help you as a person, it's all down to your own preference.

I use a non-conventional method where I only use about 5 fingers to type (excluding thumb for the spacebar) as I'm most comfortable with that, and I went from 80-90 WPM to 130-140 in about a year or so.

Tipp10 - It worked for me just took me 2 months
to fully ditch hunt and pecking

great visualization, excellent feedback lightweight and fun to keep on improving. there is a free version last time i used it