Geforce GTX 1080 - But which one?

What GTX 1080 gets you the best value for you money?

Or should I just wait for the 1080TI?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/nvidia/status/831908618232422401
anandtech.com/show/5775/amd-hd-2000-hd-3000-hd-4000-gpus-being-moved-to-legacy-status-in-may
anandtech.com/show/9815/amd-moves-pre-gcn-gpus-to-legacy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>1080TI
If Vega delivers you can see this card. if not, no TI.

wait for Vega unless you are in a rush.

Titan X (Pascal)

Wait for the 1080 Ti next month. There's no reason to buy a 1080 now when something much better is nearly here.

Nobody wants a poo in loo GPU with no drivers in their computer.

>EVGA Hybrid Master Race

>Nobody wants a poo in loo GPU with no drivers in their computer.
you fanboys are like cancer.

>living the meme
>eventually becoming a meme

Only a fanboy wouldn't buy an objectively superior product.

you don't know whether Pascal is superior to Vega or not, fanboy.

>AyyyyMD being superior to NiggerVidia

Kek nice try there shlomo.

you are contradicting yourself, fanboy

twitter.com/nvidia/status/831908618232422401

IT'S HAPPENING

How's that a contradiction you dumb cuck?

I'm not a fan of either one, but nVidia makes better GPUs that have raw performance and AyyyyyMD will never match it. Ever.

Go suck a bag of dicks you blind buffoon.

Yes I do. Even if AMD have the hardware, they don't have the drivers. Most modern games don't even work properly on AMD cards thanks to this, and it's not a situation that can be resolved in a matter of months (especially when it's been a problem for a decade without any progress).

Nvidia is simply better. As an informed consumer, that's why I buy their products.

Is it a fine time to get a 1070? They're around 500 Canadacucks dollers and I want to make a build.

No. Wait for the 1080Ti which will be announced on Feb 28.

Prices will drop on the GPUs or the market will be flooded with used 1080s (get that instead).

What about CPUs? I heart Skylake was fine and not to wait for next gen of CPUs.

>How's that a contradiction you dumb cuck?
you just did in the same sentence.
>I'm not a fan of either one
>nVidia makes better GPUs that have raw performance and AyyyyyMD will never match it. Ever.

you are just a fanboy.

>Yes I do. Even if AMD have the hardware, they don't have the drivers. Most modern games don't even work properly on AMD cards thanks to this, and it's not a situation that can be resolved in a matter of months (especially when it's been a problem for a decade without any progress).

so you didn't know what happened with drivers in the last 4 months? I'm not even going into Vulkan and DX12.

Such an informed customer.

see

Either the Gigabyte Extreme Gaming or the STRIX - or wait.

god I'm so sick of these "wait for Another Major Disappointment" retards

neither do you

That's why I say wait, see, then decide, idiot.

>value for money
Get a 1070 then

nice

I was thinking about buying the Gigabyte 1080 G1.
Seems to be the most power for your money.

>waiting for AMD
>calls others idiots

After 20 years of buying video cards, the answer is very clear. When a new card comes out, buy it within 4 months. If you do not, then you might as well wait at that point. This is literally always true, especially if you don't have a brand loyalty. I would wait, unless you are not able to play the games you want to play.

I don't have a comprehension problem at least.

Fanboys don't understand that mate, competition bugs them somehow.

>keeps calling people fanboys while crying when anyone says anything negative about AMD

Fucking kill yourself.

you can say anything negative with backing. If you would say "Vega will not be better than Pascal, Never, Ever, Bitch" I will call you fanboy.

I said in the first post. Wait to see how Vega performs, than decide. Is it so hard to understand?

Have you ever heard of an objective opinion you fucking illiterate moron?

On paper and irl nVidia has more power than AMD especially at launch on new products. It always takes AMD more than a year to match nVidias mid tier GPUs and when nVidia generation becomes End of Life, AMD FINALLY catches up to their high end GPUs.

You have to be a fucking moron pajeet to not understand this. Facts don't lie you degenerate.

This is why nVidia can charge the shit out of their products because AMD is not trying to match them in terms of performance -- they work in lower end GPU shit like consoles and macbooks etc.

Have you heard about the new Kaby Lakes coming out? the i5 model will have hyper-threading, something that usually cost $100 more to move up to an i7, so that's a big deal. It's intel's response to ryzen and it seems like a good deal

AMD GPUs never ever stack up to Nvidia. This is a fact. Waiting several months for an AMD GPU is fucking stupid, just like buying an Intel processor right now would be stupid.

AMD Drivers stopped being bad within like 3 years after they acquired ATI.

They are actually great now, except for the rare case they didn't QA a release well enough and having to then get the hotfix a few days later is annoying.

That's Kaby Lake-X on the next high end platform LGA 2066

>On paper
there is your answer. We don't know anything about Vega and how it will perform at launch. waiting if you are not desperate won't kill you.

>AMD GPUs never ever stack up to Nvidia. This is a fact.

you must be young.

>you must be young.

You must be delusional. AMD is a budget brand. Plain and simple.

yeah, they are mostly budget friendly. But Vega will be expensive.

>you don't know whether Pascal is superior to Vega or not, fanboy.
It is pretty easy to determine the superiority of performance between a platform available on the market over one that is not, ie. zero performance.

This. AMD are always a day late and a dollar short. Sad!

Waiting game never ends. Right before the next card comes out you hear about how great the other company's card is going to be and wait for that. Then right before the next card comes out...

that's why

>AMD did some ok things 10 years ago

Yeah nice try faggot. I bet I'm older than you.

AMD is basically bargain bin shit, RX480 is a fucking joke.

When I get a PC I want max settings not medium settings like your AMD counterparts. It chokes on 4k and even 1080p60.

Eat a cock sandwich you degenerate poo in loo

I'm 32.

>RX480 is a fucking joke
yeah, no. it does what it supposed to do.

>It chokes on 4k and even 1080p60
it is not a 4k card. it does very well on 1080p60.

I didn't even say anything about polaris. I'm talking about what Vega could offer. Just use your brains god dammit.

Im 32 as well and have been building PCs since I was 10 you fucking idiot.

My overall point is AMD is not after making the most powerful GPUs they have a different strategy.

nVidia and AMD are totally different companies.

nVidia has better performance on paper AND in real life.

RX480 does not do well in 1440p60 on ultra settings. You must be high as fuck.

AMD is all talk, they just tease shit and by the time their crap comes out, nVidia is already onto the next process...ramming their giant green dick up our asses by overcharging because AMD Is lazy and not competitive.

But it's AMDs choice to run the business that way -- a joke.

>Im 32 as well and have been building PCs since I was 10 you fucking idiot.
not an argument.
>My overall point is AMD is not after making the most powerful GPUs they have a different strategy
Vega tries to change that.
>nVidia has better performance on paper AND in real life.
I didn't object to that, All I said was Vega could offer better.
>RX480 does not do well in 1440p60
didn't even mention either RX480 or 1440p60. however it is doing well on 1080p60.
>You must be high as fuck
not even once.
>AMD is all talk,they just tease shit and by the time their crap comes out, nVidia is already onto the next process
HD 4800 series
HD 5800 series
HD 6800 series
HD 7800 series
Nvidia couldn't answer to these in their time.

>ramming their giant green dick up our asses by overcharging because AMD Is lazy and not competitive.
that's your problem if you like dick in your ass. nothing is wrong with that.

>yeah, no. it does what it supposed to do.
Didn't it say on the box it was supposed to be a "VR card" yet it handles VR about as well the GTX 970?

Just fuck off pajeet how much is AyyyyLmaoMD paying you to post this?

That's only useful for the annual/semi-annual upgrade. If you are building a new system/replacing an old vidcard just get the most powerful one you can afford at the time.

>objective opinion

MSI works for me but avoid the armor series

not an argument.
don't know about VR, you could be right.

Are you stupid or what? Nvidia DESTROYED all those garbage because AYYMD doesn't support them at all

anandtech.com/show/5775/amd-hd-2000-hd-3000-hd-4000-gpus-being-moved-to-legacy-status-in-may

anandtech.com/show/9815/amd-moves-pre-gcn-gpus-to-legacy

Fermi exceeds the performance and capability of HD6000 garbage

Well yeah the newest of those products was four years old by those points. Four years of support is bretty good.

And yeah Fermi had the raw performance, at hilariously higher power consumption. 10% more performance for 25% more power draw ain't a winning formula.

you have comprehension problem

I didn't say anything about hd 2000 and 3000. I started from 4000.
>Nvidia DESTROYED all those garbage
4000 series up to 7000 series were better than Nvidia.
>AYYMD doesn't support them at all
what does that even mean? they are old cards now, AMD changed arch with 7000 series, of course it wouldn't support the older ones.

>Fermi
housefire, sorry.

If you ever wonder why anons say this shit belong in Sup Forums, see above

What the FUCK is your argument then? Are you just trying to trigger people on the internet pajeet?

Your argument holds no value.

>What the FUCK is your argument then
read the thread you fucking idiot.

>Your argument holds no value.
not an argument.

Just kys amd cuck. Stop being a slave to companies you idiot.

>Just kys amd cuck
not an argument
>Stop being a slave to companies
just like you, am i right?

get out

>get out
not an argument.

I just got an asoooooos one, the non failing version that replaced the failed OC version from last year.

Noticed that fruity looking kid from Linus Tech had it too in his build.

It's good. Doesn't make any noise, just makes pulse hums like hmmMMmmmMMMmmm quietly when under load and hasn't gone above 57 degrees under heavy, heavy load.

an argument

Don't expect any good arguments on the weekends. Even weekday Sup Forums has gone to shit.

>an argument
still not an argument.

I explained my reasoning already above, I'm just fucking with angry fanboys. it seems they feel overly protective.

>What GTX 1080 gets you the best value for you money?
the 8GB RX 480 overclocked

I think he's asking about 1080's.

That can't be the best value for the money by default

He didn't ask about value. He asked about 1080's.

still not an argument.

2 days ago they were 340 can bux on newegg. Keep an eye out on deals.

Don't expect AMD fanboys to be able to read what is actually written.

the one made by AMD

MSI Gaming is the best 1080. Do not get the Gaming 'X' or 'Z'. Just the regular Gaming. The one with letters following are the same exact card factory overclocked. You can just do that yourself.

Anyhow, this is the best 1080 because it has the best cooler. Extremely quiet and keeps the 1080 cool. All the 1080s are essentially the same, you're mostly paying for the cooler. They're all gonna OC to 2050-2150. You buy the cheapest if you don't care about noise levels, you pay a premium if you want a quieter card that will run cool when you OC it to the 2050-2150 range.

I've got an EVGA 1080 SC. pretty top notch for $570

Colorful kudan one

>What GTX 1080 gets you the best value for you money?

None.

>twitter.com/nvidia/status/831908618232422401
Looks like a gaming event, not something you would introduce a new card.

Never buy Nvidia if you wish to have it for longer than 2 years.