Snapchats new IPO

>Snapchat plans to roll out new IPO stock worth $22.5 Billion

politicaloutsource.com/2017/02/snapchat-to-roll-out-its-own-ipo-stock.html

Well Sup Forums, is this going to be a bust or the biggest thing since Google? Shares start at $14 to $16, will you be investing? Or is this just a pathetic attempt by SNAP Inc.?

Personally, I think there's potential.

>company has no plans to be profitable in the foreseeable future

yeah, that's a real quality investment

user engagement is soaring year after year, can you truly say there's no room for profit there?

>CEO literally told the userbase to not invest and that Snapchat isn't profitable and probably never will be.

Yepp shitload of potential

investing that on that pile of crap is like shooting yourself in the foot unless you auto sell it like a millisecond after the stocks come out

>we made a billion dollars this year!
>our operating budget was only 2 billion dollars!

Works for Amazon and Facebook.

It's the dirty little secret of stocks - income does not matter, only valuation and valuation depends on fait, if you and 1.000.000 other investors believe the company is worth 100 billion $ it is worth 100 billion $.

snapchat is a money pit, and it will never turn a profit. their IPO will scam money from retards and give it to the scammers running this shitshow

i don't agree. i think it has long term worth. user engagement is on snapchat is better than facebook and twitter, there's money to be made there. Ads and such. I feel realistically a $14 share could get up to $200 in a few years

>snapchat is a money pit
>it will never turn a profit
what did he mean by this?

>I feel realistically a $14 share could get up to $200 in a few years
jej you're smoking some dank shit, their userbase is teenagers and they'll just change to something else once it gets old and they get bored like they did with facabook which is the reason why there isn't any user engagement on FB anymore to begin with....

Absolutely I will be investing in this.

When everyone says "DON'T!!" thats a key indicator that you SHOULD.

They said the same thing about Google, Ford, etc.

>you truly say there's no room for profit there
they said it.

how is some shitty app that makes no money worth $22B?

About as useful as buying stock in yahoo

Expectations. Investors don't understand tech. Hype. People think a big user base = great company. It why I avoid these hyped up tech companies. Most have people who run them that have tech experience but zero to no business experience.

t. Finance and IT guy

It's like people don't remember the dot com bubble

Mark Cuban made billions off of that one familia

>Personally, I think there's potential.
potential how? it's a fucking selfie company that has nothing going on besides retards taking shit selfies or pictures of their junk. The dumb glasses was like a good idea for like 5 minutes.

Ready for another Twitter?

Will be as great as Facebook's IPO. Oh wait...

Very good article

Snapchat's stock will be the new $TWTR.
First major hype and then it fades by time.

Facebook actually had/has a great company focus.
Every company has a Facebook page now and is a pretty good way for people to find out about new companies and new products.

Because of this worth to companies, Facebook has market worth. Snapchat has no such worth.

>Works for Amazon and Facebook.
Don't forget Twitter. A large userbase is a guarantee for profits in the future.

Amazon actually sells things though

like actual things

fb can be replaced in no time. just as long as dumbfucks keep using it, it wont die.

Facebook has a greater entrenchment than you think, just not as great an entrenchment as investors think.

i installed it once. couldnt figure out why i need it and then uninstalled

i use whatsapp tho cuz windows phone. i dont install no fb or messenger (yes i know who owns whatsapp)

id rather just email ppl desu but fuck no one checks that

or maybe icq

sucks that facebook is the new email and icq

And that is literally the definition of a bubble.

Dot.com crash 2.0 in the making.

>if investors believe the company is worth 100 billion $ it is worth 100 billion $.

This is the way the entire world works. Truth doesn't matter, it's what people believe to be true that does.

>buying stock in company that says it may never turn a profit

its like the 90s internet bubble all over again

Literally one big Ponzi scheme.
Investors will buy up Snapchat stock because they know 6 months later some other suckers will buy it off them for a bit more. When the music stops, the sucker with the hot potato loses.