Nintendo v& the person who uploaded the switch UI/unboxing video

>nintendo v& the person who uploaded the switch UI/unboxing video

neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230564451&postcount=1928

How did they catch him so quickly? Either Vid.me or Neogaf coughed up his IP, then his ISP quickly gave up his information. Nintendo agents show at his door and take his rightful Switch.

How could he have prevented this?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5qewph/refurbished_and_old_xbox_development_kit_and_made/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did nintendo seriously send cops to his house to confiscate his toy gaming console?

What the fuck?

Did you think Nintendo were a bunch of good guys?

This sounds like a schoolyard "my dad works at nintendo" story.

It's so dumb.

He showed all the Wi-Fi networks within range of the Switch. With all the public databases of unique APs, it would be easy to triangulate their position.

And, of course, the Switch probably pings Nintendo API endpoints, so the guy could've been caught by getting his IP from the server logs. There aren't that many switches yet, so any access is probably from a leaked switch. The group database is unreliable, but correlating that with the WiFi ap data anyone could find the leaker.

Did he steal it?
Was he actually allowed to take one home and show it off?

He found out it was stolen and so he gave it back, actually.
>Well I am a barista and we dont usually carry Nintendo products at the cafe. And I am sure it is frustrating that I cant share more details but I am not sure what I can or cant share. For the sake of clarification I will say that I don't think the person I got it from knew and therefore I certainly didn't know but somewhere down the chain some switches had "mysteriously disappeared". So while it was unknown to me, once I found out that it had probably been stolen I did't feel comfortable keeping it.

>neofag
wrong board you stupid nigger

This, he basically may as well have displayed his home address in the video

It was a shipping fuck up, his accidentally got sent too soon. There's probably a bunch more but none of them.wwre stupid enough to upload a video

proof?

That's fucking retarded. At least reprimand the guy who leaked it.

Pic related. This kid posted pics of a test version of the Xbox360 and IIRC his father was fired.

Neogaf states in their forum policy that you will be doxxed if you do anything illegal. It's a well known fact and it's happened in the past to Dylan Roofe/Breivik types on that forum.

t. Member of neogaf.

Holy shit that reminds me of that kid who completely gutted an Xbox original devkit with Data still on it just to turn it into a PC, shit made everyone go nuts at him for possibly destroying the only chance in a while to emulate the xbox on PC

He lied about that, he got it from someone that had stolen it. Nintendo is just taking back stolen property.

They can't do that, unless it was stolen. If he paid money and it was sent to him they can fuck off. Post office has big policies that you can't they can't take back anything they deliver, or charge you for it. it is called unsolicited mail.

Yes. He bought a stolen Switch without knowing it.

He didn't buy it from a store. They didn't come to his house. He was contacted by Nintendo and he shipped it back to them.

Nintendo is in the right here.

>Neogaf states in their forum policy that you will be doxxed if you do anything illegal
I could take a shit in the face of the faggots running neogaf and they would not know who the fuck did it, how come people are dumb enough to post personal details on that shithole?

You can't sign up to the site without personal identifying info.

Nobody cares

>adding replies to a thread to prove to OP that nobody cares about said thread

good job retard

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> faggot now fuck off

fucking ninjas

Sup Forums fag

Maybe not now. They don't have shit on me in terms of personal info though, since I signed up more than a decade ago.

Yeah, I'm sure you've used throwaway e-mails, an original, random username and only ever accessed it through proxies.

>fake news

>>Either Vid.me or Neogaf coughed up his IP, then his ISP quickly gave up his information.
>open stolen device with sensors that are more sensitive than young girls
>boot it up and connect it to the Internt
>suddenly GPS coordinates and videos of everything in his house are going straight to Nintendo
Gee I wonder how he got caught. It's so fucking mysterious. It bottles my mind thinking about how Nintendo was able to notice the ONE fucking external console connecting to their servers.

he didin't connect to the internet

>he didin't connect to the internet
Yeah I bet. These new devices have hidden network settings anyways. It obviously connected to a nearby open access point and uploaded all that data.

user...

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5qewph/refurbished_and_old_xbox_development_kit_and_made/

the motherfucker later changed it to satire topic because he realized he fucked up.

Fuck I didn't want to rage today

sauce? she's a cute

>he wants to see a gloomy big tittied pale girl get raped

>rape
oh that sucks, I thought it was going to be awkward and cute

it is awkward, that's why it's rape

Here's the gutted components carefully laid out on a bare carpet.