Hello, Sup Forums

Hello, Sup Forums.

I am in the market to buy gamepad for PC (Windows 10 user).

I have two choices:
>Xbox 360 wired gamepad
>Logitech F310 wired gamepad

I can't decide which one's better. I plan to play mainly racing vidya, but the game itself is quite old (early 2000's) and not sure if X360 gamepad would work with certain old games. F310 has two different inputs, so is compatible with most retro and modern games (atleast its what I read from manufacturers website and other forums). X360 is also cheaper than F310 in my country. I also heard X360 gamepad is very comfy, whereas F310 feels very cheap and not so comfortable in hand. What are default button most active in racing vidya? Two joysticks? Does this makes playing very uncomfortable with X360 and F310 having different button layout? Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.8bitdo.com/thread-446-1-1.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

xbox pad, logitech pads are utter shit, crap analogues, awful dpad and buttons get really mushy after a while.

i owned one, threw it out, piece of shit logicrap

I own a rumblepad 2, which is basically a F310. It works well witn W10, no problems so far. From what I’ve heard Logitech has a better d-pad, while X360 has superior thumbsticks.

Splurge a little and get an Xbone pad.

It's all the positives of the 360 pad, plus the dpad is among the best I've used in 20+ years.

I own wireless 360 and a f510... Generally I prefer the 360 more, but both are good

i personally game on a dualshock 1

This

get the 360. logitech gamepads are utter shit.

on a related note, what do you guys think about pic related. is it any good?

I've read that X360 pad is near superior, but I'm afraid that it might not work on older games. Also, what about its usage in racing/sim vidya? X360 is being famous for its great work in FPS/shooters.

This.

Also how are those steelseries pads?

How comfy and compatible with Win10 are these? My hands are not THAT big, but I felt slight discomfort using PS4 controller.

>might not work

What makes you think that?

I have that Logitech controller. I wouldn't recommend it. The triggers are terrible.

That fucking d-pad though

the xbox 360 dpad is garbage. has always been

you only need a £2 adapter from ebay and they just werk, though you may need x360ce if your game doesnt let you remap controller input

can confirm. mushy and usually presses the wrong thing.

dualshock has best dpad

the 360 is perfect for racing i play grid 2 with it and works flawlessly. for old games i hope you don't mind playing them with the stick because the d-pad is garbage

I don't know. Haven't owned a single gamepad in my entire life. Just held a few times X360 gamepad and thats it. Maybe the older games won't recognize this "newer" type of gamepad? I don't want to throw money here and there. Logitech website stated it has two kind of inputs (or outputs?) that lets to easy pair up with old games.

XBox One controller for PC is great.

Too expensive. I just want something decent. I'm not a heavy gamer.

I'm very neutral about Genius. Isn't it like Polish company? Not that theyre utter crap manufacturers, but not that great either.

They're like $50 for the wired version (which also saves on batteries), and if you're playing more than a few hours a week it's worth getting.

Get a ds3 and input mapper then.

Get an Xbox One pad like suggested.
To compare it to X360 pad:
>Much grippier analog sticks. Grippiest analog sticks I've ever used.
>Larger, more comfy triggers.
>Buttons feel a bit lighter.
>VERY good clicky d-pad. Isn't raised above the rest of the pad, easier to get to.
>Less stupid glossy plastic, though the triggers and shoulder buttons still suffer from this issue.
>Can be either wired or wireless; Connects wired with an ordinary micro-USB cable. Can take two AA batteries for wireless use.
>Less travel distance on shoulder buttons, feel more responsive.
>Slightly different design, fits just about the same in the hand.

Overall, X360 pad was a very good pad, but Xbone improves on it while keeping all the already good parts. It's a worthwhile improvement.

you cant really get cheaper than a dualshock 1/2 and a £2 adapter

The Xbox 360 one is more comfy, plus it's compatible with Windows natively.

Is Steam controller good? I have 60 bux in my wallet after I refunded a shit game but there's no games I want

Are they comfy? My hands are not THAT big, but I felt slight discomfort using PS4 controller.

55 euros is the lowest price. Too much for me.

no, no its not

in my opinion dualshock controllers are the comfiest design of controller available, but i do prefer the DS4 for comfort.

get thrustmaster t.16000m

yeah it's really great. You should totally buy it.

i tried that one and is great but i can't really afford one at the moment i'm asking about the one in the pic because someone is selling one almost new for 6$ where i live

Do all wireless X360 pads come with USB port to use wired at any time?

DON'T GET, EVEN IF FREE!
The two sticks are mapped the same as the dpad and the face buttons. Utter garbage.

Join the master race and use your mech keyboard to play all 2D games.

Masterrace is original controlers on original console up to ps2,N64

Just get an Xbox controller. Automatically recognized by every game on Windows.

>I can't decide which one's better.

The one with an actually functioning dpad.

>using a keyboard for fighters and platformers that use more than 2 buttons for actions

Are you a masochist?

Get the Bluetooth (white one) Xbox One controller
A real one, no 3rd party shit, not even "Microsoft" branded 3rd party ones, they absolute garbage
Just buy a Bluetooth xbone controller and a $5 Bluetooth adapter

Yes

PC Master Race:
Everything can be fixed by software

How's pic related, anons?

Pretty much same spot as OP, would use for a bit of racing and maybe bullethell vidya.

I hear it's shit and a huge failure, painful to use and the mousing is basically unusable, while giving up d-pad/joystick ease of use for 99% of games
Which sucks because I liked the concept of it

Except the horrible dpad.

ZXCV + arrow keys takes care of pretty much any game out there.

>Are you a masochist?
Honestly I can't actually judge. I've never used a gamepad. I started playing on keyboard because I only had access to emulation to begin with, and I found that I had no issue with keyboard in platformers and such, so I just focused on playing the games themselves and never gave input a second thought. I was able to play a fighter on KB too (IaMP). It just works for me at this point.

shit

The new XB1 controller refresh. /thread

Get the Logitech, it has D input which allows it to work with older games.

360. I have both and even before the right thumbstick went to shit on the Logi the Xbox one was way better.

I've:

Rumblepad 2 from Logitech, works alright but isnt supported by some newer games
F310 pad, it's okay but there is no vibration. Works well for playstation emulators because I'm too autistic to play PS with Xbox controllers
Xbox 360 pad, which works just fine for my large hands even and its vibrating too.
Xbone pad maybe doesnt come wired, havent looked into it

you are an idiot.

I've had a steam controller for a while, it's good for games you'd play with a mouse, but you want to be on the couch or something. Slower paced strategy games and city builders are great on it, driving games are playable if you tweak the settings to your liking, but it depends on the driving game if it works or not. Third person stuff works alright as well, but it takes some getting used to.

Only get one if you already have a decent pad and want to try something different, it's not a replacement for an xbox or ps4 controller.

Would anyone know if I can buy one of those chinkshit usb saturn pads and just put the innards into a legit saturn pad?

I own an f310 and the triggers are too hard. I miss my xbox controller, but it broke. The logi is strudy and will not break from the multiple times I dropped it. But the xbox is more comfy by far.

Thanks guys, off to the xbox it'll go.

xbo with usb cable

saved

I have the F310. The D-Pad is all one solid button. Very uncomfortable and you can't easily do certain actions like pressing both left and right at the same time. I prefer PS classic D-pad controllers where it's like four individual buttons for directions.

Buy a Dualshock 4 and install DS4Windows

I love the Steam controller, but it isn't a gamepad replacement. I have a Steam controller and a 360 controller.

The Steam controller is great at a few things
>console emulation (does a really good job of mimicking a Gamecube controller)
>point-and-click adventure games
>city building games
>other slow-paced PC games

The advantage for me is, I can play comfy point-and-clicks and city builders from my bed on my TV. It does a good job with some simple joystick games like Rocket League too. I recommend it, but not for everyone.

For games that don't require analogue sticks the Sega Saturn 6 button pad is hands down the best.
>best d-pad designed by man
>lots of face buttons, great for 2D fighting games
>you can get the usb versions for very cheap

>and not sure if X360 gamepad would work with certain old games
Pretty sure you can get Xpadder (or Joytokey or any alternative) to work with any controller and game

Xiaomi Gamepad or GameSir G3S

I heard the USB versions are shitty though.

there's no point in getting a logitech controller nowadays since an x360 controller is like 25 dollars on amazon.

>having to press the opposite directional buttons
>ever

I have no recollection of ever having to do such a thing. 8 directional dpads are superior.

Are you poor? Just mow someone's lawn kiddo so you can put some money into a non-shitty purchase. Which would be the dual shock 4 so you get direct input and xinput in one device.

I use a wireless Xbox 360 controller. Works perfectly. There's also a neat program for it on Steam, but the name escapes me.

True, but it doesn't make it any easier or comfortable.

dualshock 3 with scarlet.crush win10 drivers.

Maps just fine to 360 (it does even pretend to be a 360 controller from 360 drivers perspective) and is so much better.

There are first party usb ones but they're pricey as fuck.

xbox one controller. you really cant go wrong as it will give you the least amount of issues
xbox 360 is ok as well but the dpad is total garbage
3rd party ones are a hassle even if people tell you there are workarounds to emulate 360 pads. sometimes games work sometimes they dont

You cant beat the official wired 360 controller

I got a new official 360 wired gamepad around christmas and had to return two. The first one had an analogue stick that squeaked so loudly my mic would pick it up, the second one's left bumper had zero click despite the button working. I called Amazon after the 2nd one and the Indian guy was like
>I totally get you bro, don't worry we'll have someone inspect the replacement replacement before shipping so there are no issues

Third one arrives flawless. I'd say it was worth, why are Amazon's poo-in-loos so superior to other ones?

xbox sticks are terrible for racing, dualshock is much better for that

>dpad

Mine doesn't.

The Xbone pad should work with everything that supports Xinput and it has the same slightly retarded DirectInput support as the 360 pad (read: LT/RT are the same analog axis (fucking why) and they don't generate a button input (also why)).
It's so much nicer as a controller than the 360 one that the only reason to get a 360 controller is being really broke since they're so damn common. It's the best thing to come out of the Xbone.

but yeah, it's pricey
kind of want to buy one for myself instead of using a friend's, but I have like a dozen controllers and USB converters already, so I end up just using my PS1 pads all the time
might end up buying it since I actually do need to implement xinput support into the game I'm making

The PS1's d-pad is fine, apart from wear and tear making it easy to do diagonals on accident on them (pressing directly on forward and tilting upward a bit on an old PS1 controller will likely generate an up+forward input).

really, in terms of cheapness, a $5 PS->USB converter (solder on a new USB cable ASAP, the one it comes with is absolute garbage and will short out in a month or two) and a pair of used PS1 DualShocks (like, $12 a piece at most) will probably be the best option
PS2 DualShocks would work too, but 1: the d-pad is worse because lol analog buttons (enjoy no diagonals at all) and 2: none of the converters recognize the analog buttons anyway, so you have to push hard on the buttons for them to trigger

It's so bad. Even just as something for use on quick-select menus or whatever, it's terrible. Actually playing a game with it is appalling.

I love using the Saturn pad, but they're a tad expensive by used controller standards.
ended up buying a JP white+colored one and a mayflash converter
but I barely use it, which is kind of sad -- it's honestly quite nice
Brilliant d-pad. The L/R buttons are god-awful though.

Get the new xbox One controller, best gamepad ever made, and it now has Bluetooth built in to connect to a Windows 10 PC.

Seconded.

I haven't been able to get bluetooth to work on Linux, but I'd rather play wired anyway. Shouldn't be an issue for OP though.

It's not great, but it's decent to use with a Steambox or something connected to your TV since you can use the trackpad to emulate a mouse.

I've had problems even getting it to work in more than a few games, the haptic feedback is kinda cool but the rumble emulation is pretty bad.

Sure, you can use it to play different types of games than a standard controller can, and even in the standard FPS/racing games you might find it better when using a custom profile and the motion sensing, but it's kind of a jack of all trades, master of none.

PS1/PS2/PS3 controllers had the best d-pads ever IMO.

I had an old school Logitech Rumblepad 2, and I liked it more than the xbox controller that I got later, because the rumblepad's shape was much more comfortable to hold.

NES had best d-pad to be quite honest

i have that one except it's an older version of it. i bought it like ten years ago when i was into emulators. i bought 2k17 when it was on sale so i've been using it for that and it works fine for me. i was thinking about eventually upgrading though.

DualShock 3

The d-pad on my Dualshock 2 is finally starting to wear out, and I've been looking for a new controller for modern games plus emulated retro games. The 8bitdo retro controllers look really neat, they're like modern 16 button controllers with R2/L2 and clicky analog sticks and everything, plus bluetooth.

The only problem is I was doing some research on them, and I found a bunch of people saying the d-pads are garbage and register accidental diagonals too easily. They even took one apart and showed how the internal contacts have the same problem as the xbox 360's, which has the absolute worst d-pad I've ever used. Has anyone tried one of these to confirm? Have they fixed it, or is it at least an easy fix with tape or something?

forum.8bitdo.com/thread-446-1-1.html

Dualshock 4.

DS4 is a downgrade. They fucked the ergonomics and the analog sticks are complete ass.

I bought this controller second hand a few years ago and I find myself using it more than my standard wired 360 controller and my Xbone controller.

The handles are longer and at a different angle that feels more natural to my thumbs and the sticks have a larger thumbpad that makes them more comfortable to use in my opinion.
It has stupid ricer led's but you can turn them off.