Battle of the Nations

Live stream youtube.com/watch?v=PqE-FXzx3Lo

>What is Battle of Nations?
The Battle of the Nations is an international historical medieval battles world championship, first held in 2009, in Kharkiv, Ukraine and held in Europe, in April, every year since.
It is a full contact competition using metal weapons and a standardized list of rules. National teams compete in several standard events, with all being full contact - no stage reenactment battles are included.
Teams from up to 25 countries have entered the tournaments.

BotN Website: botn.info/
Promo video: youtube.com/watch?v=50utZwM6ZpQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DueNcVFHI0k
youtu.be/IV3yvOkooYA
youtube.com/watch?v=IV3yvOkooYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Requesting proof from Finland fighter.

Wait, Luxembourg has a team?

Who?

Just made dinner, so I missed the last 2 threads. Anything I miss?

>tfw the payday money is already spent, so you have to put cheddar on the spaghetti

Questions to the Finn claiming to be one of the fighters:
1. How badly did you yourself get fucked up in the fights today?
2. Do full speed weapon swings on armor hurt?
3. Do you praise Tengri?

buger got killed in the final

Dude in OP pic is wearing Luxembourger colors and emblems.

any more information on the 3 dead figters

hes not legit

>civillians complaining about mediocracy

it's your own fault desu
>has a life
>can actually work
>complains instead of doing

Press "F" to pay respects.

better then this autistic shit and medieval too
youtu.be/DueNcVFHI0k
youtu.be/IV3yvOkooYA

פ

did they actually die?

no I'm being stupid that would cancel the whole thing

fuck off

Can you explain what isn't authentic about this now?

u cant even use gramaer

go clean my shitter bolan

is it an authentic medieval shitter?

niggers tongue my anus

but user, there are 1vs1 even too. it looks similar to what you posted

uhm I mean Timurids

only autistic shit here is you tbqh
i hope you realize that

One got possibly crippled due to spinal injury(not verified yet but likely), other 2 suffered some less severe injuries.

1 v1 and beg your biggest guy knocks someone down

Have a bunch of shield sword while the dude with 2h or 1h blunt tries to get the immobilized dudes to surrender

Engange in a way your team gets 3-2v1s early to try to take down 1 fast before the other team can get into position

Midfight try to break off and run into another corner abusing the fact no one can see shit

Have bunch of 2h who charge in and beg they knock someone down fast

Although only a couple of teams take the strategy aspect seriously. I think that if they really respected it the 'sport" would be better for the audience as well as they would get far better results. At least they should respect formations so its harder to get grappled as well as the grappler would get beaten by the teammates of his target

are there any capture the flag medieval events?

>giving b8ing swiss all the (you)s

Guys...

*casts fireball*
cant be resisted or dodged

why is everyone so sure it's a spinal injury

Also have a couple of guys hold the ground with sword and shield while the rest with 2h hit the other dudes over their teammate's shoulder

only 5 damage
2 damage blocked

got hit in the back, stopped feeling his arms

Dude said "I can't move my limbs", initial judgement was spinal injury, dude got carried away on a stretcher. Feed cuts to announcer who says "I-it's nothing, pls don't worry". Still no word on what actually happened to him, but it's likely his spine got fucked.

Oh and they wanted to put a neck brace on him.

Didn't get to see Canadian matches the whole day, unfortunately. Obviously was tending so much to Teams 1, 2 an 3 matches, who were not fighting with Canada today. They seemed like cool guys, though.

After our nightly misadventures last year, we decided to make the promise not to drink any liquours this year in Prague. (unfortunately)

1. I barely got a scratch myself. Overall, the Finnish teams didn't get much of damage this year. Only a concussion and some sore limbs all in all. Personally, my right calf is a bit bruised, but that's it.
2. Depends on armor. Depends who's swinging and what. If you go with a too light set you're obviously gonna get hurt more. Then again, if you're equipment's too heavy, you're gonna be slow and draw in a LOT of unnecessary hits from your opponents.
Hits in joints and back of the leg usually hurt like a bitch.
3. Nah.

I hope cucks don't try to pussify this even more than it already is

at least the slavs will be fighting against that, and it looks like without them this thing wouldn't be half as popular

Ile najwięcej wypierdoliliście na klate?

lol isreal what do you event want in this thread. the jews were fucking slimy merchants in the dark ages. I bet you financed wars and the destruction of people back then too just to make more shekels. I'm so glad this thread had no well you can poison. you should be hanged in a rown square if this thread was authentic
>little shlomo tries to be a knigt
>but he rather pays shekels instead of fight
>he controls the king with cuck magic tricks
>makes his maidens suck saracen dick

They took everyone who got hurt out on stretcher. But I really can't argue if ppl heard the guy say that. But sometimes the feeling comes back. Who knows.

PROOFS

>I hope cucks don't try to pussify this even more than it already is
It's pussified now?

Kek. Wrong window. Never mind.

>After our nightly misadventures
Elaborate.

Post PROOFS you pepik faggot.

Finnished him

Give it a rest. The guy is a confirmed vegetable now.

Says the fucking gold sniffing Swiss kike.

are you the one responsible for killing the Argentinian man?

30 kilo.

no he isn't u cunt

did you all see that serb with the byzantine ensign in the 1v1s earlier?

>Be Argentinian
>Oh boy, medieval full contact sport, this will be fun!
>get paralyzed neck-down by a finn axe murderer for rest of your miserable help-dependent life

kek. fucking mongols never know when to stop

Fuck, it's happening again.
>KEK KEK KEK

Do people hold back when they swing ?
How to stop the Russians?

HE GOT KHAN'D

Needs bigger arena even for 5v5, nerf poleaxe a bit, and no arms over the fence.

>Wanting archers
go arch your fucking self instead

>how were you paralysed?
>well tis a tale as old as time! I was at a joust of sorts in old bohemia, naturally I dressed in plate and mail and did battle with finnish warriors, alas the ugric swine did slash at me in a manner most unbecoming of a noble, with my back turned to the cur!!The pain was seering-
>-ok bye

>I got hit in the spine with an axe

its a bit better then I went to dive in a lake and hit a rock.

>"I turned my back to a finn"

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THOSE FUCKING FINNS SON

Nah. But we all feel for the guy. Especially the mate who hit him. The blow was clean and all, right in the middle of the shoulder blades. We heard the problem was with the guy's armor, because it kind of stabbed and dig him right in his spine upon impact. He's still alive though.

You can afford to hold back.
You can't. Haven't thought of a method that works.

meme potential right there.

Did he legit get wrecked? Anyone got WebM's of the dead's today? Playing catchup

>he's still alive though
you say this like it's good news. but I'm sure everyone is rather dead than being a vegetable for the rest if his/her life

Did you go up against the french at all?

how many Battle of Nation WebM's have you saved Sup Forums

Nahh. I wouldn't care at all as long as my eyeballs were intact.

Finland 3 was against France 3 today. You guys absolutely devastated us. Gj.

damn, you guys were so good this afternoon, i wouldn't have thought this could happen.

Are they drunkards?

is he actually paralyzed tho

Wich team is the weakest one? Mexico?

Also, how do you see our team?

Is that you?

i'm french you merchant scum

Shit liked to a wrong post. Suck my dick tho

mean for

Holy shit we have an actual fighter here?

how fit are you? what was training like and how long have you been in this for/how did you get started?

Hard to say who are the weakest, since we haven't had the pleasure of fighting every country yet during our three years of BotN.
We see your team as an extremely endurable team, capable of taking a heavy beating. Your Argentina 2 team against Finland 1 today was a bit of a wild card to us, not having any experience of them prior.

Ouch. Embarassing. (mate's not me though)

What is the medieval cuisine there actually like? Like what kinds of food and drink do they serve?

mashed potatoes and bread

Whatever they can find.

Some roots and mushrooms.

Usually the new guys and most un-fit are in Team 3, some in 2. It takes a lot of cardio and weight training to do well and to qualify in an experienced team.
I started buhurt two years ago myself, but have been doing a lot of other medieval combat sports for a decade.

Pretty much all kinds of shit. Sausages and pizza and cupcakes and fuck, I don't know.

why are so many people coming in and saying HEMA is better? they're completely different and aren't even emulating the same thing.

fite me irl you won't

Which team are you?

he's finnish

You're the only one mentioning HEMA in this thread lad, who was saying HEMA is better?

All I saw were people clamouring about how this is stupid and doesn't make sense

You're the guy that was arguing that this
youtube.com/watch?v=IV3yvOkooYA
is historically accurate.
>they're completely different and aren't even emulating the same thing.
This knight shit is fun to watch but it's not emulating _anything_.

old thread

how old are you?

people have been doing it all event

i wasn't arguing anything senpai

>This knight shit is fun to watch but it's not emulating _anything_.
according to finbro this is emulating a medieval tournament

>tfw no big strong aussie to hug with

>i wasn't arguing anything senpai
Sorry, I mistook you for someone else.

>according to finbro this is emulating a medieval tournament
Superficially, I guess. It emulates a medieval tournament in the way that Olympic fencing emulates historical sabre sparring.