Why is there such hate against OSX. It works seamless

Why is there such hate against OSX. It works seamless.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7GM4Lt5k24s
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>seamless

smooth

Architecture in that OS is ridiculous. It's horrible and code is messy.

its what retards buy

Ok, that depends on the type of user/developer I guess. Just in productivity Windows is like driving offroad trying to get somewhere fast.

Thats nuts. Wasnt that bad 3 years ago at college.

Still: Probably because the WIN UX is more for dadcore-office robots.

Apple does those coupon for students and 10-20% discounts etc etc. Thats why.

>it just werks

proprietary
tied to certain hardware
I've heard their filesystem is really shite.

>can't follow basic posix

OSX user. Obviously

What you don't see in this picture:
The combined screen glare of those glossy screens blinded 70% of these students.

I switched from a Windows PC to using a Mac laptop recently.

I just felt the need to spend money and was sick of that clunky tower thing that was taking away all the space underneath my table. Kind of an impulse buy so I can rock a dual monitor setup too.
Barely do anything else but browsing the web and listening to some music, could have just bought a 500$ laptop I guess lol.

Anyway, some shit is just annoying about MacOS.

Here is my normie take on it (not a Sup Forums autist)

>when sorting files by filetype it switches to this retarded view where you always have to expand to see all files of one type instead of just listing them underneath each other like in windows
>safari has no webm support and the VLC plugin is shit (slick browser otherwise)
>for some reason when using chrome it won't save the window size of the upload popup file browser thing (you know what I mean) always have manually make it bigger
>there is no simple image browser (duh but you can just like press ctrl+a and hit the spacebar)
>there is no simple app like paint installed, the clones all seem to cost money. gimp a shit because it behaves weirdly under macos
>if you want to record the computer audio stream in audacity you have to install like five fucking different apps before it even works
>hard(er) to just find good freeware shit if you want to do a specific thing

probably more but I can't think of anything rn

Other than that it's pretty smooth I guess...it...it just WERKS.

hello I think it is seamless too

I use Linux, I don't hate OS X, I think that Mac users are technically illiterate.

Man that pasta is fucking god-tier

>Works
In my experience it's the most unreliable is on the market

>btw I have no experience

how do you line up your windows like that

because Sup Forums is full of poorfags, Why do you think /chink shit/ is the most active general?

>>there is no simple image browser (duh but you can just like press ctrl+a and hit the spacebar)
Selecting all images and double clicking on them opens all of them up in Preview.
>>if you want to record the computer audio stream in audacity you have to install like five fucking different apps before it even works
You only need to install Soundflower and to configure the output from Sound in System Preferences.

Your other points are valid too and I can confirm that it does not just work but anyone with half a brain can download the myriad of apps available to tweak it for your preferences. My favourite one is BetterTouchTool

you don't use an adjective to describe a verb you poo's

With a lot of autism

>he doesn't know the difference between "arrange by" and "sort by"

that option doesn't exist in the popup thing

Xee is a good image browser.
Pixelmator is a great Photoshop alternative (much better than Paint.net or GIMP)

pirate them:
> macbb.org
> inmac.org

it does often feel like alternative apps for OS X are special snowflakes and there's less freeware, but you can find a good alternative for just about anything.
interestingly the one thing OS X really lacks is a decent music player.

>unix-certified anyway
>linux explicitly not unix-certifiable

it does.

hey buddy can you put a copy of that 8gb HD film on my USB drive?

VLC works fine. Unless you mean a good library manager?

Are you implying macos can't write to USB drives?

no it doesn't

i'm not talking about finder

Nothing larger than 2GB

>inmac.org
no option to register anyway

thanks anyway, gonna look around macbb

then what are you talking about? some third party software?

the popup window when you want to upload a file in the browser

unless you have to know a secret hacker keycombo that window you posted is not present

>i have literally no idea what i'm talking about

t. mactard

You can change the sorting in the list view and column view. I prefer column view a lot more since it shows you a quick path to the file, using the icon view in an open dialog isn't that useful, although apparently they don't allow sorting by kind in the icon view in an open dialog, you can by date, name and tags. list and column allow for every single sorting method that exists. Do you like to sort it in this way to keep the folders atop of everything by any chance? because you can enable that in Finder Peferences.

i don't know about you but copying files larger than 2GB to USB works just fine for me bud

Source?

I don't know, I have a hackintosh and it's a god tier OS.

It's just sad that I can't get my wifi working and have to move close to my router every time I use it.

his FAT16 drive

I think I got chinked for the first time.

Bought a armband for my phone on February 5th and the fucking chinks still didn't send it.

What do I do? What happens when I cancel my order? The status is still waiting for shipment.

google.com

Be an IT/CS student then you don't see Apple as much (though you still see some of them with Apple which is odd as fuck)

>literally 0 results

K-UX is a Chinese enterprise Linux distribution which has the certification.
GTFO son.

SUS/POSIX is more important than shitty UNIX® certification.

I'm an IT Manager for a Windows network of 200+ and I use a Mac exclusively. It can do 99% of what Winblows can and when it can't, that's what VirtualBox is for. Fuck the Winblows 10 botnet.

SUS *IS* the UNIX certification you nigger

ummm u could at least use a more recent screenshot if u want to pretend to be me...

Do you use your computer among other people with that wallpaper?

yes
why?

Did they ever say anything about your wallpaper/images?

no, why would they?

youtube.com/watch?v=7GM4Lt5k24s

so i just downloaded xee and in the setting it's set to open all images but it doesn't and preview still opens the images

where/how do I change that?
even when I right click on an image and set "always open with" it is only for that one specific file

macos i'm tellin ya

cmd i on an image
click change all under open with

I think i can see your pussy
Dress like a decent woman, you prostitute

*nix master race
Two of my professors use Linux as their primary OS for work. I do too. Nobody else in the IT degree at my college does.

I have a *nix administration course coming up in my last semester before I graduate, shit's going to be a cakewalk compared to everyone else who has to dive in raw.

Continuing on, I forgot to mention that there are more people that use MacBooks w/ OSX. Let that sink in.

um how can macs be shit when linus uses them lol

IT autists btfo