Trying to change the password on this thing running server 2008 r2 for work

trying to change the password on this thing running server 2008 r2 for work.

they currently have me working on a chromebase and it makes me want to stick my dick in a fucking frying pan. I can't have more than like 5 tabs open in chrome or the whole thing crashes and resets.

well now I found this old tower in the back running server, and they told me if I could get past the password that I could use it. apparently the easiest route is just to boot it from the install disk and use the command prompt from system repair to replace some files. only problem is that when I load up the repair tool from the USB boot disk, it doesn't detect any OS.

any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Load drivers, OP.

it only detects the hoot disk that I have inserted when I open up explorer. maybe it's because this thing is running in raid with like 8 HDs?

if you have to ask this question here, you wouldnt be able to make use of the thing anyways

wow man good one

>if i could get past the password
if you're talking about a Windows password then check out Sticky Keys Trick

Is that a server, that background looks like it's Windows Server 2008?

Just wipe it you moron.

If no one knows the pass or gives enough shits to stop you from removing the password, there is no reason not to.

The raid setup must be fucked, can't you just format everything and install windows 10?

Did you load the driver?

Ntpasswd

He's right and you know it

yes it is running Windows Server 2008 R2, and I'm basically trying to do a variation of the sticky keys trick. But the boot disk's repair doesn't recognize any OS, or any storage option other than the boot disk itself.

I was trying to make this as easy as possible. plus I don't really want to install a shitty cracked version of Windows on my work's computer. but it is my last resort.

it still boots just fine, and I'll admit I don't know much about raid setups. and like I said, don't feel like installing cracked Windows.

when I select that, it brings an explorer window up, but doesn't display anything but the boot disk itself (see my previous picture)

Figure out if it's using a raid card and use those drivers, otherwise find the drivers for the motherboard. It won't find the raid disk otherwise.

You idiot, you need to download the drivers onto some external media, like a USB drive, then plug it into the server and click load drivers and browse to the location of the divers. You need drivers for your raid array at the very least.

Then install some fucking loonix on the box.

Windows server is painful trash unless you're willing to pay for all the ENTERPRISE bullshit to make it usable anyhow.

Samba works well enough if you need all the AD bullshit as well. It's a lot better today than it was a few years ago.

>when I select that, it brings an explorer window up, but doesn't display anything but the boot disk itself (see my previous picture)

You're supposed to choose the driver from a CD or USB-stick or some other form of removable media.

However, resetting the password would be easier with Ntpasswd or an Ubuntu Live DVD with chntpw, assuming those Linux images contain your RAID driver.

Do you realize that server 2008 is going to be deprecated in April? It's the same EOL support as Vista.

It's R2.

>don't feel like installing cracked Windows
Reactor OS, it's free

>multiple correct answers
/thread

wow I feel retarded. idk how I didn't deduct that desu

Did you try konboot?

Use password remover disk, works on nearly every windows version to date.
pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/
Should remove it in a jiffy.

What about using Hiren's or Trinity rescue disk to reset the local password?
(If it's even active)

>Doesn't know how to load drivers
>Thinks sticky keys trick works on 2K8
>Doesn't know anything about RAID
>g tells him to use 3rd party app when you can reset any windows password without anything but access to the OS partition in PE enviro.

You guys are all nub kids. I'll give you a hint - UTILMAN.EXE.OLD

that exploit is what i was trying to do, but the cmd in windows RE wouldn't allow access to the main OS because i was a retard and didn't know i had to install the driver for the raid setup. i did wound up finding and copying it to a thumb drive and i got everything up and running.

Same kernel as Vista, but 2008 EOL is 2020.

give it back jamal

This is your boss, you're fired. You little shit.

>yes it is running Windows Server 2008 R2, and I'm basically trying to do a variation of the sticky keys trick. But the boot disk's repair doesn't recognize any OS, or any storage option other than the boot disk itself.

Use Ubuntu Live on USB and see if you can mount the OS disk, you should be able to since you said it boots fine. Then just follow the same steps for the sticky keys trick.

OP here; i got it. i found the right driver and got the Utilman.exe replaced with cmd. i think after all that i'm gonna wipe it and install windows 7 anyway lol.

Are you mentally retarded or just a mouth-breathing mongoloid with down syndrome?