His phone has a higher resolution screen than his computer

>his phone has a higher resolution screen than his computer

>he has only one screen for his computer
I have three, 2x1920x1080 and 1x900x1440

Are you really bragging about having 3 shit monitors?

Two 2560×1440p monitors and a single 1440×2560 phone screen.

>there is no visible difference with his previous phone which had lower resolution screen

>FHD
>shitty
still fine for pretty much any task unless ultra productivity or gayming

my phone has a higher PPI than all your monitors combined.

Blame winshit win32 garbage for having garbage high PPI support.

Windows is literally to blame for everything wrong with laptops.

agreed this shit's dumb. If i can be a foot away from a 15 inch 1366x768 screen and not have a problem why would I buy a 2560x1440 5"5 phone? It's fucking ridiculous
this is usually the case since the resolution changes but the panel doesn't resulting in worse battery for the same look
this, 1080p is fine for most things. I prefer 1200p though
>being proud of this
I was going to say install gentoo but afaik there's no DE with proper scaling other than GNOME 3 I think

As soon as someone makes a good phone with a 10:16 aspect ratio I might buy it.

It's worse than shit.

Have you ever seen the difference from 200 PPI to 100 PPI shit you have?

Font rendering alone is massively improved

Yes, GTK+ (gnome) works well with hi PPI.

Most terminal driven applications just need a bigger default font size.

1080p monitor and 1080p phone screen. No reason to change.

>bigger default font size
Cinnamon has some pretty good font options.

Guilty. 14" 1366x768 Elitebook 8460p and S5 with a fhd screen.

I wanted to buy a second-hand laptop that has at least a FHD panel but those are extremely rare to find, and if found usually overpriced.

At the end of the day it's not that bad considering the laptop only needs to run 4 tabs and a Word document, so the productivity isn't hindered.

Joke's on you, asshole. It's also higher rez than my television.

>I prefer 1200p though
yeah, 16:9 is cancer for productivity. i don't know how it became the standard desu.

what's the fucking point in having a really hogh PPI phone??? it just wastes battery faster for no fucking reason whatsoever. once you go past that "retina" resolution limit, your eyes can't tell the difference.

I don't get it... why do some phone manufacturers go nuts on screen resolution??!?!?!?

>It's worse than shit.
So it has something in common with yourself.

>yeah, 16:9 is cancer for productivity. i don't know how it became the standard desu.
it became a standard in media industry. it trickled down to consumer shit because manufacturers wanted to save money on tooling, production lines etc so they didn't bother making proper resolutions and just started mass producing cheap shit.

>what's the fucking point in having a really hogh PPI phone??? it just wastes battery faster for no fucking reason whatsoever. once you go past that "retina" resolution limit, your eyes can't tell the difference.

except I can

stop having shit eyes

>except I can
no u can't.

call me spastic but I enjoy 16:10 and 5:2 for movie watching more than 16:9 since I actually like black bars. I don't like my entire screen being covered in information im probably not going to see so a narrower view is optimal

2736x1824at267 PPI computer
1440x2560 at 540PPI phone
what did I won

what;'s funny is that most of my favorite movies that I watch often aren't even 16:9 but 1.85:1 and 21:9 so I see black bars on 16:9 anyway.

I think most of the HD TV content today is 16:9 so that's why these 16:9 panels became popular.

Watching 16:9 content with subtitles on a 16:10 display with the subtitles on the bottom black bar is pure joy.

mpv does that perfectly! VLC and other winshit players don't.

clearly not a situation applefags find themselves in with their 720p phones.

Actually my phone has the exact same number of pixels as my monitor, they're just different aspect ratios.

>except i can
You can finally use your extra chromosome

2k monitors are cool for reading, but for gaymen you need to spend a shitton of cash in gpu to keep games at 60+ fps like Total war and shit like that

PPI nigga. pixels on your monitor are FUCKING HUGE. lrn2 basic algebra dumb-dumb.

Thread's not about PPI, nigger. It's about resolutions. I never said my phone screen and monitor had the same PPI, I said they had the same number of pixels.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS

>tfw poorfag with a FHD monitor and an iPhone 5s
>tfw don't have this problem
frugality wins again :P

Yup, the aspect ratio memery is too much. "This content was modified to fit your screen" black bars everywhere but it's still watchable imho

My phone is a computer. But if you are talking about my desktop, it has a 3840x2160 monitor, and my phone's display is 2560x1440.

My keyboard and TV remote are computers too but I'm not King Autist so I know what OP meant.

poorfag detected

resolutions in my house
3840x2160 (TV)
2736x1824 (tablet)
2560x1600 (monitor and laptop)
2560x1440 (phone)

Wish there were more 3:2 or 16:10 high resolution monitors.

Pixel density on a phone is a fucking meme to keep you buying $500+ phones.

Eventually phone makers will move over to 4K for 800+ PPI which requires a $200-300 processor to run even remotely decently.

They're actually not.
An abacus is more of a computer than a remote control

My phone and primary desktop monitor are both 2650 x 1440. I do have a 4K TV hooked up.

Waiting for quantum dot Samsung monitors to come out before I upgrade the monitor. OLED would be much better and all but... dat price. Also Samsung's upcoming quantum dot monitors are supposedly aimed at gamers, so the latency I hope is not shittastic like OLED TVs.

>Eventually
Unfortunately already here.

It's true

My phone S7 is twice as expensive as my old T420

A computer is nothing more than a device that takes input, processes it, and provide output. Both keyboards and remote controls do this.

Are there more than that shitty Sony "4K" phone that only actually runs at 4K for images and select stuff now?

>anything above 1080p on a smartphone
>probably using a 1366x768 TN panel craptop

Anything above around 400-450 PPI is diminshing returns and just wastes battery incredibly. You're cattle if you fall for shit like that. I guess people here just like bigger numbers on everything regardless of what they actually mean.

Even Full HD is overkill, HD is enough. It's a damned cellphone.

>b-but muh botnet
as he carries around a Google ultra botnet portable at all times

Where did he say anything about "botnets"

Feels bad man. My shitty Dell 1080p comes nowhere close to the color and detail of my Pixels beautiful 1440p OLED.

Good goy, buy a screen with a higher pixel density. Don't forget to buy the latest 32 GB GPU with 12 trillion cuda cores from NVidia just so you can play the latest gayme on ultra low settings

Apple master race.

iPhone 7 Plus = 1920x1080

Retina MacBook Pro = 2880x1800

>switched from AMOLED to LCD
>no matter what I do the screen looks like ass
I miss my old phone

People use their smartphones for entertainment these days, that's the problem. I don't watch fucking movies on my phone. I don't even think normies care about super high pixel density. As long as its a decent screen which is crisp enough that's all they want.

Normies and Android manufacturers are also responsible for 5"+ phone cancer. Nobody really makes decent compact phones anymore that can be used comfortably in one hand. Girls these days also are the ones who on average have bigger phones than guys. Some little 5'2" thing would be carrying a Samsung Galaxy Note that she can't even hold in one hand never mind use.

I think you replied to the wrong post there lad.

You can only see the difference if you force high DPI in Android & make all text bigger inside of the OS to compensate.

Pic related, ultimate comfy.

>Not having a 1366x768 laptop
>Not having a 1920x1080 TV
>Not having a 2560x1440 phone

>>Not having a 1366x768 laptop

Phone is 848x480
Computers are 1600x1200 and 1920x1080

fuck, just realised this
My nexus 6p is 1440p and my pc is 1080
And my laptop is 4k

>4k laptop
How dumb

Currently posting on a latitude D620. Fight me.

>my phone has a higher PPI than all your monitors combined.
That doesn't matter at all because he has overall more working area while you have a 6" display where everything is scaled up to make that absurdly high PPI usable.

And don't get me wrong, I have a similar situation of a phone with absurdly high PPI, but it just isn't as usable as my desktop monitor. Even if I could use my phone as an external monitor it just wouldn't be in any way better than my desktop monitor.

>he doesnt have a 1366 768 laptop
do you even media-in-background-while-sleeping

did you just green text a scenario and then reply to it yourself?

>Currently posting on a latitude D620. Fight me.
Not gonna fight ya bro... I feel sorry for you. Post your paypal so I can send you a $1. I'm poor myself but not that poor.

Why feel sorry for him? The D620's a pretty nice machine, even if it is a little old.

>tfw fell for the 1440p meme both on pc and phone