>aiming to maximize build quality
>still like some light gaming capability
>narrow down to xps15 or mbp
>find out both current year and last year models won't run win7
is win7 kill?

no lots of businesses run win 7 on modern flagship hardware

No they don't.

Install Windows 10 LTSB

Last years model uses Skylake so it should run Windows 7 just fine.

>tfw not working with some software is considered a feature by Intel

Oh well they're the only show in town as it comes to laptops. I guess we will have to just fucking deal with it.

You windows 7 fags have to understand one simple thing, windows 7 is almost 10 years old, very few manufacturers ship stuff with windows 7 support today

>>tfw not working with some software is considered a feature by Intel
It will work, it just won't be supported.

Just run GNU/Linux and windows 7 in a VM.

Get a job faggot

Sierra Macbooks/Pros will run win 7 and 8.1 now.

its funny that in the business I worked at. They actively tried to prevent windows 10 from installing because of how shit it is

Install W10 and classicshell you faggot.

>tfw no budget for volume licensing
>new machines come licensed for Win 10

> t. jobless neet

Switch off UEFI
Install Win7
?????
Profit

XPS 15 is nice on paper but Dell's quality control is a crapshoot. I really wish they'd fix this.

>find out both current year and last year models won't run win7

sounds like you are full of shit m8. Why wouldn't they run win7?

Sounds like you're full of down syndrome. Current gen processors won't run W7. Retard.

Windows 10 isn't THAT bad. Windows 10 on first launch vs Windows 10 now is way different. If you want to completely un-cuck yourself then go use Linux, otherwise embrace the large black cock that is Windows 10.

ebin argument. Retard.

Somehow from the two of us you are the one downs syndrom retard who cannot install Win7.

Why not buy a macbook, I heard they just werk :^)

Windows 10 is bad. It's terrible. But there is no other choice. You either get Win10, become a macfag, or spend 5+hrs fixing shit in linux everyday that would just work fine on any other computer.

If there was another option I would jump ship immediately. Until then, I am forced to use Win10.

>become a macfag
Once you leave Sup Forumsroupthink. You'll learn that this was answer the whole time.

>won't run win7
What? We have 5510 laptops at work and they all run Windows 7. The XPS is the shitty version of the 5510, so it will probably run Windows 7.

>using windows in MMXVII

>mfw

But its more stable than 10. Place where i work wont migrate to 10 since its deemed unsecure and unstable. MS better fix their shit

>he thinks 7 is more stable
>he doesn't know that 10 is more secure, too
>he takes his sys admins advice instead of making up an opinion on his own

laughingcheetahgirl.jpg