Why is it such a big deal in Europe to not deny the Holocaust?

Why is it such a big deal in Europe to not deny the Holocaust?

I'm not one of those Sup Forumstards who thinks it didn't happen. But why is there such a concerted effort to prosecute and legally destroy the life of anybody who questions government dogma on the matter? Isn't the whole idea behind empiricism and the pursuit of knowledge the potential for falsifiablity?

Even Chomsky, a Jewish leftist, has been attacked because of his support of freedom of speech regarding the Holocaust

its legal in ireland
its stupid tho ur right

i think it's just to make it easier for the victims not having to hear Sup Forumstards speaking on the streets about how the holocaust never happened

>muh fee fees
holocaust survivers are mostly dead these days lad
why not ban anything triggering to feminists? to refugees?

If you deny the holocaust you aren't worth listening to.
Consider this, there were so much spergs denying the obvious back then that they had to make a law against it because everyone was so tired of dealing with them.

>why not ban anything triggering to feminists? to refugees?
I'd say don't give them any ideas, but they beat you to it.
Europe has never had and will never have true freedom of speech.

(not a poltard)
Because freedom of speech doesn't exist. There are certain things that people can't say because it would get you killed. The holocaust (which is real) is just one example. If you are all day long giving up the names of multinational company owners and their connections with politicians, you will get killed.

Just look at Julian Assange.

>falsifiablity

popsci faggots are the worst

>leaf
disregarded ;)
if someone is incorrect, logic reason and facts should be used to show people they are wrong, not prison time and fines
i know but its ridiculous

>everything is subjective! who's to say my daydreams aren't science?
fuck off, relativist pseud

To be fair the extreme-rightwing habit of going Eliott Rodgers and killing a bunch of colored people doesn't help matters very much.

>If you are all day long giving up the names of multinational company owners and their connections with politicians, you will get killed
those names (or at least most of them) were published and even the history channel named them, so your argument is invalid.
But I agree in that freedom of speach doesn't exist, or exists just partially.

I thought he was just a leftest who hated niggers and kike brainwashing.

>tripfag
>ameriburger
>MUHH HERITAGE

filtered

The holocaust happened but not in the exact way it's been told, I'll just leave it at that.

this

I'm inclined to this as well.

I don't get why anti-semites would want to deny the holocaust. It would be like their top thing ever, if anything they should want to exaggerate it.

>if anything they should want to exaggerate it.
t's already exaggerated
>muh anti-semitism
nah, but there are no reasons to not allow to investigate

What really sways my opinion on the subject is that no nazi was ever a Holocaust denier.

To me this one, simple fact shows that everything the modern deniers try to claim is a silly contrivance. From 1945 onwards, thousands of Nazis were captured and hundreds tried for their part in the Holocaust and other crimes against humanity. They tried to pretend they were someone else, they tried to pretend they didn't know what was happening, they tried to pretend they didn't have as much to do with it as others, they tried to claim they were just following orders and they tried to justify it as "the kind of thing that happens in war." But what NOT ONE of them EVER did was DENY it happened.

Even men on trial for their lives, in the full knowledge they would be hanged if convicted, never stood up in the courtroom and shouted "This is all a lie! This is a fabrication! There were no gas chambers and no crematoria! I'M BEING FRAMED!!!!" On the contrary, they gave great detail as to precisely how they had helped build and helped run the mechanics of mass murder, some of them even seeming proud of how they had achieved something so complex and on such a vast scale.

Because people slandering the jews were one of the symptoms of a coming pogrom

>Copy and pasta

Its because the holocaust is Israel's Raison D'être and if you deny that happened you deny Israeli legitimacy. That's why its popular among arabs anyway, I think for westerners it might just be the same reasons why any conspiracy theory is popular, people want to feel like they have a secret knowledge that makes them better than the "blind" people around them.

Also, freedom of speech is not really something that has tradition in Europe.

>Literally the same copy and pasta in every thread where holocaust is mentioned.

>projecting

probably because it makes a good argument

you should try that sometime

>All copy and pasta is right.
Maybe Jon was right, you are a faggot who jacks off to pictures of women.

Who is Hans Schmidt

its not illegal here it seems

a mentally unstable conspiracy theorist

Hans_F._K._G
Otto_Ernst_Remer
Wilhelm Stäglich
Léon Degrelle

It's not.
We outright rejected any crime for denial of any event as inherently authoritarian.

I always found it odd. When someone denies the moon landing we all laugh. When someone denies the holocaust we all get shot/imprisoned.

NASA is confident of their moon landing and willing to hear people who argue otherwise. But holocaust ,etc,etc you get the idea.

while I agree that holocaust denial should be accepted speech do you really not see a difference between someone saying "the american government made up the moon landing because reasons" and someone saying "the death of millions of jews was a lie propagated by the global jewish conspiracy because reasons"

We happily accept all forms of denial. And moon landing denial is as common as 1:2. That is to say, for every 1 person that believes the moon landing didn't happen there are 2 people that believe it did.

With a change of tone you can make anything sound evil.

Like the faking of a national event used to fool the world into believing America's technical superiority and bankrupting it's evil communist backwards rival, versus a purposeful miscount of Jewish people because reason.

>Sup Forums denies the holocaust
Sup Reddit?

what was the point of this post?