Our ancestors worked so hard and suffered through so much shit for centuries...

>our ancestors worked so hard and suffered through so much shit for centuries, each generation trying to make the next one better off, resulting in us having the highest standards of living and most peaceful world than at any time during history
>we waste it watching anime and jerking off to traps and complaining about "Chads" and telling Indians to poo in loo
Was human civilization a mistake?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonic_treadmill
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you showed this to people that saw world war 1 and/or 2, they'd probably cry tears of happiness. And yet people today are so unhappy. I don't fucking get it.

>HOOOMANITY IS OVERRATED

because of the lack of objectives in life or something to fight for, most of people have their needs covered

fuck off edgelord, do you think all those wastrels in opium dens cared about making the world better for future generations?

You're living at what is easily the best time to ever be alive and you still complain.

as if there were more objectives in the past, most people lived their whole lives without ever having anything to fight other than hunger and boredom. Is it no wonder they were so religious considering how crushing it would be to know that all that suffering was for a pointless existence?

Because believe it or not, war isn't the only bad thing that can happen to people?

My point is that it's saddening how we do live in the best time to be alive, yet so many people are unhappy with that. I don't think humans and our psychology evolved in an environment where peace and comfort was this normal, it's confusing to us.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonic_treadmill

Best time for what? Less war and more technology?

There's plenty of other shit that got worse too senpai

like what?

How? In the US at least, violent crime is almost at an all time low and still declining. The teen pregnancy and abortion rates are declining. Worldwide, there's been an absolutely enormous decline in poverty in the last few decades. I honestly can't think of a metric on which society has gotten significantly worse.

That makes sense. Thanks.

Hello Varg, yes we must go back to live in tribes and praise pagan gods and eat raw meat, civilazation has made humans weak, our forbears....bronze age...odin... the illumanti...monsanto....jewish state....immigration....destruction of the European people....buy my rpg games....

In nearly every western country, people from younger generations now have to work harder, longer and for less so they can have the privilege of retiring by the age of 500. And that's only if they manage to have 30 years experience under their belt at the age of 25. Now with your shitty wage, try and actually buy some organic and healthy food that isn't crammed with sugar and other additives which are making us all a bunch of fatties, which can lead to both physical and mental illnesses.

>And that's only if they manage to have 30 years experience under their belt at the age of 25
what is it with this meme?

I get that. As technology and society becomes more complex, the skills requirement for most work is going up. Even for jobs that existed 100 years ago, they are much more complex now. Like doctors today have to know way more than their predecessors 100 years ago.

>Debt traps (Yes, even in germany)
>It's harder to survive
>a lot of negative political decision
>personal problems
>addiction problems (for a lot people computer, games, ...)
>competitve society

In the end it really comes down to having society tell you which "standard" you have to live and any deviation will make you pretty anxious.

There's no need to compare society and different centuries/decades. A lot of people are living in the present and never lived 80-100 years ago. There's no need to worry about the old, past circumstances when you're already worried about the present and future.

And even if I have a good life standard, living in the first world and having a life on "easy mode" comparing to other countries, people like me do still have problems and inner conflicts within and with society and how society works..

Without WW2, Europe would be overcrowded as fuck today.

>that uptick

Thanks Bush/Obama

Also your post didn't address OP at all.

We can think the atomic bomb for this. Literally the greatest preserver of human life that has ever been created.

Do you think every single one of them did his work towards advancing humanity? At least 95% dedicated their lives to fuck around doing jackshit.

so far atleast

I wasn't trying to address OP's point, I am OP. I was trying to support my point. I think I worded my posts weirdly so they look sort of in opposition to each other.

I know that. But most people worked so their kids could have a better life. And the sum total of all that over all those generations is how modern society came into being.

>most people worked so their kids could have a better life
You're not starving or dying in war, you being able to shitpost here without a care in the world is the proof your ancestors did a great job

So things are exactly the same. Those wacky scientist will cause human civilization to advance will we become "wage slaves" and watch cartoons. Anyone who watches anime is useless though.

The Baby Boomers doomed our generation, so really our ancestors would look down on those hippies. In the end, there's nothing we can do about it, just sit back and watch it all unravel

No

>we waste it watching anime and jerking off to traps and complaining about "Chads"
Speak for yourself. I do none of that shit.

>le baby boomers are the reason I am broke and don't have a gf meme

Not an argument. You can't deny they contributed a lot to our nation's downfall. Believe what you want , I'm doing alright financially.