Is Uber one of the most pathetic tech companies around?

theverge.com/2017/2/19/14664474/uber-sexism-allegations

>In my first official day rotating on the team, my new manager sent me a string of messages over company chat. He was in an open relationship, he said, and his girlfriend was having an easy time finding new partners but he wasn't.
>his girlfriend was having an easy time finding new partners but he wasn't.

Management is literally run by cucks. Add this to the list of reasons why this company is a sinking ship.

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/uber.html
susanjfowler.com/blog/2017/2/19/reflecting-on-one-very-strange-year-at-uber
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>pretty much gives the finger to its main user base by supporting Trump
>tries to make local legislation pass laws to make them a monopoly
Gee can't imagine why they are sinking

stallman.org/uber.html

funded by saudis too. fuck em. deleted it when I read that stuff on HN today. that woman who complained isn't a feminist looking for trouble, just a smart woman (probably a genius actually, she learned grad level physics in only a few years). fuck uber.

Why the fuck do you care? This isn't technology.

I love that halfway through that list he comes up with the "Guber" pun and just rolls with it the rest of the time

Based Stallman.

Yes it is.

This thread isn't about technology. This thread is about the lifestyle choices of individuals. The fact that they run Uber is meaningless because technology is not the focus, the focus is on the lifestyle.

Why do you care?
Report to HR.
If HR does nothing, file sexual harassment claim against him or the whole company.
If it still happens for some retarded reason, leave. It's not like Uber is your only job opportunity.

I don't give a fuck. Fuck off you dumb feminist cunt.

Previous thread:

Also, And you gotta love the response from Kalanick
>I have just read Susan Fowler's blog. What she describes is abhorrent and against everything Uber stands for and believes in. It's the first time this has come to my attention so I have instructed Liane Hornsey our new Chief Human Resources Officer to conduct an urgent investigation into these allegations. We seek to make Uber a just workplace and there can be absolutely no place for this kind of behavior at Uber -- and anyone who behaves this way or thinks this is OK will be fired.
They are so 100% investigating... lol

BTW, link to the blog post itself:
susanjfowler.com/blog/2017/2/19/reflecting-on-one-very-strange-year-at-uber

>implying she isn't lying
Why would you trust a woman?

>linking to the verge
>sexism
lol

>open relationship
hahah, literally choosing to be cucked
no wonder america isn't great anymore with "men" like this

see and

>linking to some feminist blog
lol

>CHRO

For fuck's sake, stop creating new C-level titles.

Is Uber even considered a "tech" company?
It feels like Uber is more about providing a service than providing a technology?

I don't know what I'm talking about here

Uber is totalitarian ideology enclosed in a company.

In paper, they just provide the infrastructure to connect drivers and riders.

>>Management is literally run by cucks.
>company endorsed Trump
really makes you think

WTF I love Uber now.

I Uber all the time. I rarely wait longer than 5 minutes for a driver to get to me. It's awesome brehs

>brehs
a bigmac coupon has been deposited in your savings account "dudebro"

>look mom, I'm trolling in Sup Forums!

>nu-male detected

you know America doesn't like you guys right?

Uber fucking everywhere

you know barely anyone cares about retarded americans, right?

It also sounds like a shitty radio station that only plays shit 90s soft rock.

>82.5, CHRO soft-rock for 30-something year old women who live with cats, makin' jokes about how they're old cat ladies, but really they're going to eventually become old, barren, childless cat ladies, but at least they have wine to drink

lyft is no better i requested a mile and a half ride and they tried to send someone who was 25 minutes away that literally wouldnt have been worth the fare just in gas money

It's not a tech company, it's a transport company.

Stallman is a massive SJW!

Fuck off, ``professional virgin".

maybe you live in buttfuck nowhere?

no i live in a city if i lived in bumfuck nowhere why would my work only be a mile and a half away?

Th-thanks, capitalism...

Sounds like you live in a city without many Lyft drivers. This is typically true of shithole cities in the midwest. LA, Miami, NYC, Seattle, all have tons of lyft and uber drivers instead of just uber.

The whole operation is tied together by the underlying technology.

It's not particularly innovative or interesting tech, but a shitty app is as much tech as microsofts next turd of an operating system.

>take an uber
>driver talks to you the entire ride about how he's being underpaid by uber and how he's had to switch to uber since no one takes taxis anymore
>don't tip
>rate driver 1 star and singlehandedly ruin his career

What a stupid fucking app.

>uber-sexism-allegations
>allegations
I'm tired of accusations being reported as news. If proof is found, THEN report it. Until then, don't give possible liars the attention they are seeking.

oh yeah, she should totally risk her career, and perhaps her life, just to show YOU that she's not lying...
OR, she could show it in court, and not risk getting sued/jailed/killed for publicizing it, only to please random tards like you

My wife and I work for uber. Applied in the same city, work in the same city. She receives promotions 30 percent of the time that I do.

Their message support is run by Pajeets hired from freelancer.com, or at least that's what they act like. Every new message is a new person who won't read what you said before, so it's a circle jerk.

Wtf are you talking about? He simply said the news should stop reporting unsubstantiated accusations.

I have no idea what you were trying to say on your post