So can everyone in Norway speak English?

So can everyone in Norway speak English?

Anyone else completely sympathize with the Russians in this show?

I just love the wmbf relationship

The younger generations of Scandis, Germans/Austrians/Swiss as well as Dutchies have been thoroughly americanized so yeah, people are fluent in English. It's also not that hard a language to learn, especially if you come from a German / Scandi background because the vocab and grammar have quite a few similarities, the stem from the same root after all.(English is heavily influenced by Low German, German is High German).

Because Djupvik is so wooden in family scenes that it's almost implied he's raising his wife's daughter?

Makes sense, do they learn through watching English language cartoons and tv shows? Surely that'd take ages.

Also speakeling of americanisation, what is McDonald's beer like? I heard you can get it in Germany

>speakeling
Jesus Christ I fucked that up

Most people get their basics from school, since we start taking English courses at around age 11. after that, a good chunk of folks will become more fluent by watching English language TV shows and such, music plays a big role too. I watched a lot of Seinfeld and Breaking Pleb and listened to lots of Rap music, see Outkast or UGK.

The beer is atrocious kek. Not every McD has it either. It's better to smuggle your own booze in, and nobody really minds anyway.

>since we start taking English courses at around age 11
Plebs.

t. started at age 3 in an English speaking kindergarten and proper lessons at age 8

Yeah but you guys need to start learning earlier since you'll have Swedish classes aswell.

>starting with the easy one (with so much media coverage)

Wow, you sure showed us.

I didn't even pass my Swedish classes in high school and promptly dropped out after half a year.

>tfw

>older generations speak English properly
>younger generations sound like yanks

Disgusting

>Literally 80% of Girls go to English academies/institutes

>They still cant get fluent

CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP

)))

I like yanks I just hate americanisation

>So can everyone in Norway speak English?
yes

we have english classes from first grade

literally all our entertainment outside of cartoons is english with subs

)) but also ((
Americanization is better than letting them have their own shitty accents

>(English is heavily influenced by Low German,

Uh no, don't lie you uneducated Kraut.
Germany and England both spawned from Old Germanic due to the Angles and the Saxons (as well as Jutes). It is true that Frisian is English's closest existing relative, but that doesn't undo the historical background of Proto Indo European -> Indo European -> Old Germanic -> High/Low German / Old English

Nah, because now you combine a Norwegian accent with American and it sounds shit.

I'm originally from Norway. Moved to the states when I was 7. I started learning English at age 5 so yeah, everyone there can speak it

>I just hate americanisation

Only retards here like Hollywood and the TV industry, so I sympathize with you.

If California sank into the sea, American culture would probably be improved.

Agreed

>I'm originally from Norway. Moved to the states when I was 7.
Can you proof it? No pressure, it would be cool if true.

to the rest of the world la/nyc are america
the rest of it is worthless

It's the same as anything. The loudest are projected on their megaphones, but that doesn't necessarily mean that what they're saying is the most important.

Just like Ameripolitics

They think they can speak it.

>I just hate americanisation

Americanization here just means what young folks say.

There was some (but not a whole lot of) influence on Middle English by Low German via the Hease League, IIRC. Early Modern English was influenced by Dutch.

IIRC, "fuck" comes from those languages.

how can I prove it? I just am from Norway

Type something in Norwegian (that makes sense)

jævla svensk...

>IIRC, "fuck" comes from those languages.

In High German, it's ficken. Dutch is neuken I think, not sure about Frisian or Middle Dutch

Rude

It only makes sense if you are atleast 120 years old.

It actually comes from the Slovene word fukati.

The people I know are better in English than Norwegian, and can go a whole day speaking nothing but English, even though everyone know Norwegian.

If you go to Norway, you won't need anything else than English.
But not everyone speak English. It is rare that non-children can't communicate, but not everyone is fluent.

Yea, I'm sure those scandicucks even dream in English

Everyone learning english is not americanization.

English is a easy language to learn. I know it is the language of Shakespeare, you have a huge lexicon, but as a modern latin or esperanto, english is the perfect language.

You, eurofags, do not know how luck you are. Europe is a paradise on earth. And education is one of the evidences of it.

In Suisse everyone speaks at least two languages. AT LEAST. The westens europe is not different from then.

In Brasil, it is not a joke, more than 60% of the people can properly read in portuguese.We call then functional illiterates.

Merika has a very sophisticated intellectual elite. The people that make science, but the majority of people are fucking idiots. To me merika is a Brasil with a lot of money.

i met 6 Norwegian men in a pub yesterday (aged 50-mid 60s) and they all spoke excellent english