What's your favorite desktop environment? (window managers don't count)

What's your favorite desktop environment? (window managers don't count)

xfce

MATE

GNOME

My favorite is . I know Sup Forums says they love , but they're just being contrarian.

Windows.

trash

xfce but it's a pain to set up the way you want out of the box and out of the box it can look ugly as shit

Pantheon is cute.

Plasma 5

XFCE

It fascinates me for some time already: does anyone in the world actually use Enlightenment?
For such a lightweight, technically advanced environment it sure gets very little attention.

This
Good high DPI scaling while not breaking all the time like Unity

Because it has it's own special toolkit that looks and act completely different than anything else. I don't give a damn how technically advanced it is when firefox and dolphin stick out like a sore thumb.

Openbox (window managers do count)

>Good high DPI scaling
only for gtk3 and qt5 I presume
which is possible everywhere

Gnome with i3

GNOME, though sometimes its lack of customizability (even through extensions) can be a bit stifling. If Cinnamon had GNOME's Activities overlay (or, alternatively, if GNOME's top bar could be Cinnamon's panel), you'd have the perfect DE.

I don't code but I know a lot of GUI programmers who shit on it because it's a nightmare to write anything with their libraries. Again, I don't even code so I don't know if this is true but so many people think so that it may just be.

KDE.

If you disable all the bullshit, it actually looks decent.

KDE
It's just better

Plasma is where it's at. The only downside is lacking theme support. Only recolors of breeze get made nowadays.

XFCE

KDE.

I dont like it and I dont use it but it is still the best.

Openbox

>using a DE
Just neck yourselves right now, famalams

Unity

lxde

XFCE, but I'm sure they will ruin it soon.

XFCE

>Implying anyone still works on XFCE

Mahtay

>implying it didn't get an update last week or so

xfce is still shit though

there is only one correct answer and it's Unity. xfce is shit. stop memeing it.

rip
>muh faggotry

Really like cinnamon lately.
Gotta agree with this guy though.
Used KDE 3 and 4 for a long time, they kept adding more and more features, but I never used enough of them to justify the resources it required on my old computer.

Budgie

Emacs

Kde on PC, Gnome 3 on laptop.

Cinnamon by a wide margin.

KDE
without composition, disabled Akregator and KDE Wallet (at least on Ubuntu 14.04) it was using just ~250 MB RAM. What really surprised me. Used it on my shitty R101 netbook, until i decided to go for XFCE which is as well decent, but lacks the costumizabilty of KDE (and as well tools like CPU Freq don't work as good).

xfce. just works and does not use too much resources and isnt designed for touch devices. usually i use openbox tho

cinnamon :^)

tried it once. it was very unstable and would segfault at least once per hour.

just tell me what DE ricers use

XFCE is the best DE. But in all seriousness i3 is all most people need, especially if you're looking to be productive on your setup.

Cinnamon's the only one I can stand.

cinnamon a great

kde is the best.

XFCE, KDE Plasma, or Budgie

GNOME has the best interface, but it ha a few issues on its own. So probably something like KDE or XFCE customized to work like GNOME.

No fractional scaling is extremely annoying on a 28" 4K monitor

Lumina.

Xfce

Out of the box? Unity. GNOME is a very close second.

Mate.

I'm using xfce as first time Linux user and it's great. not sure if I need compiz or not though.

GNOME-Wayland