Why the fuck is it so hard to find a decent chair for a workstation that isn't ugly as fuck and over $150

Why the fuck is it so hard to find a decent chair for a workstation that isn't ugly as fuck and over $150

Pic related: looks good, costs $70+shipping. simple.

quality comes at a cost.
durability is important.
Stay away from gaming chairs and you'll be good.

It really isn't, you're just not looking in the right places.

And who the fuck gives two shits about how a chair looks, comfort and back support is what matter.

What is pic related?

>buy "comfy" chair for the cheap
>back pain after some time
>try tweaking it here and there
>more back pain after some time
>get tired of back pain
>give chair away
>get back to old worn out chair
>no more back pain
if you buy a cheap chair you buy twice im afraid...

Well my current chair's a ripped up piece of shit with 1.5 armrests that I found on the side of the road and rode home so anything's an upgrade from here

This

I bought a gaming chair for £50 and it is currently held together with parcel tape.
Buy a good, high quality, more expensive one

Honestly, I got a hand me down dx racer (dude had to sell his for tuition) for 135. Shit is comfy as hell. Maybe not worth 400 or whatever the hell it costs. But the quality is nice and it's build is pretty sturdy as the guy had it for 2 years. Not bad for a "meme" chair.

Just buy a meeting chair or dining chair.

That chair looks hideous. Maybe if I were younger it'd look hip.

Honestly why the fuck do you think a good chair should cost under $150?

It's an item, that if good, will last you 10+ years. Maybe even 50+ years.

If you spend $450 for an actual good task chair, your talking $1 per day for a little over a year, then it's free. How is that not worth it?

Quality low volume sales items are just fucking expensive. Why does that need to be explained to you?

so should i order this one? seems pretty fucking royal for ~$450

no chair will ever make your obesity comfortable. Go outsidd.

Yes

10+ years? the material would fade, or get dirty. and just think of all that semen that would soak into it
there is no point investing that much money into furniture that you use daily

>get on craigslist
>find comfy chair
>pick up chair
>put chair in front of desk

yeah it seems comfy and well build

This.

Turned out to originally be from Pier 1 so it's all nicely upholstered and shit. But it's also got comfy padding with springs so that's what counts.

d-do they have it in purple

my ikea markus is going strong after 5 years

I'm the user from and I actually have that chair. Good chair, have it for 2 years, but Vanish won't remove the 'stains' from it

Get Ikea Markus.
Done.

Unless you want something better(more expensive for no reason) then you look at Aerons and shit.

idk if I want to know what kind of stains user

you already do ;)

Make sure you buy some wheels.

I specifically don't want them. I don't need to roll or spin around at home.

I love wheels, I put them on everything.

Fuck dragging furniture.

Felt pads (to avoid scratches) make things plenty easy to slide. At least on the stuff that I move frequently anyway.

>Why the fuck is it so hard to find a decent chair for a workstation that isn't ugly as fuck and over $150
You're looking at consumer grade chairs, which are mostly gaudy as shit at they approach their high end range. Even then, you still don't get posture support.

If you are going to drop the dosh, what you really want is a real office grade chair made for 24/7 full year, 200lb+ usage.

I'm more partial to wheels, but each to their own.

Ikea Markus.

It has 8+ hour certifications in US/EU/AU.
10 year warranty.
110KG/240LBS rated.

Leather and cloth options.

>let's make the backrest a ridiculously exaggerated "S" and call it a day, because everyone is the same height, has extreme lordosis, extreme kyphosis and forward head posture at the same time
-- every """ergonomic""" chair designer ever

So where do I purchase this chair online?

I use this chair daily is awesome

you bet.

Go to a surplus office supply store and get a used Aeron for like $300

>I bought a very cheap chair and it's shit
Wow, really?

>gaming chair

You guys are the biggest fucking losers. I swear to god.

Says the guy posting on Sup Forums.

There's tiers of loserdom. "Gaming chair" is near the very top.

Notice that the thread is about chairs, not gaming chairs. OP simply started the thread with a dumb chair.

No shit? Well, good thing I qualified my comment with "gaming."

Then why are you pissing on everyone about gaming chairs? If anything you should be calling out OP specifically, but even that would be beyond autistic. Why'd you even enter the thread?

Another Markus here, great chair, but I said it once and will say it again.
Go with leather. The padding on the cloth ones is significantly stiffer on both seat and arm rests, gets uncomfortable after a while. Definitely don't regret ending up with the leather one.

Make sure to review it on /csg/

Cause it's just a fucking chair and you can make your own for about 40 bucks?

>buy chair
>most of the seat padding towards front, less in the back
>padding in back is now almost completely flat after 2 months
>realize ALL FUCKING CHAIRS DO THIS

Embody master race reporting in

We're so impressed user, you're such a manly man handyman.

Have you tried not weighing 300 pounds?

ITT people who don't understand the ramifications of making the country great again.

Prices will go up. A good toaster from the 50s that still works, price adjusted for today, was $300 back then

>need new chair
>go to garage sale
>$20 for fancy new chair

>need another chair
>moms office selling old furniture
>$25 fancy leather office chair

same with the hard plastic floor mats

thrift stores my friend, they're good for finding almost anything cheap with quality. we live in a disposable society, this means people give away perfectly good shit in favor of new shit

For under $150 your only reasonable option is a used office chair from a commercial office liquidator.

New chairs that cost less than $500 are all garbage.