How often do people in your country wear traditional clothing?

How often do people in your country wear traditional clothing?

Is it only during holidays or is it acceptable all year round?

Other urls found in this thread:

ethno.shop.by
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>brazilian traditional clothing
KAN'T EVEN MAKE THIS SHIT UP

Pretty common among country folk and older generation. Younger urban folks wear it mostly during special occasions and festivals.

Although that isn't the only traditional dress we have. There are probably 4-5 more

We don't really have any desu...

You usually don't see traditional clothing, except on very old women.
Things like pic related are somewhat common.

A Carnival fantasy is not a traditional clothing, and they vary according to regions.

People often wear it, or pieces of it.

not correct
This is japanese traditional

In India traditional dresses are common like saris, salvars etc but we wear all types of clothes.

only for various culture festivals and activities

There's no national traditional clothing here, only regional. This is Venetian/Friulian traditional clothing.

Girls usually wear it to class or work. Men mostly wear it only for certain celebration or wedding

>thinking about buying this
>linen feels good in hot weather they say
>tfw afraid everyone will take me for an ethnic nationalist that I am not

>How often do people in your country wear traditional clothing?

Only if they're doing agricultural work mostly

>Is it only during holidays or is it acceptable all year round?

It's only acceptable in summer. Wearing pic related in winter will usually get you strange looks

Never. Only entertainers/artists/musicians wear them every once in a while (carnivals and stuff like that).

That or fans in football matches.

where do you buy one of these
please link me, i want to buy one for myself

wifebeaters m8

Only on special occassions although wearing it to funerals is a bit frowned upon

ethno.shop.by which is an offline shop in my city. If you ask them politely they might get all excited about your inquiry like typical Eastern Euro cucks with an inferiority complex that they are and help you. Or maybe not.

I'm pretty sure you can find better options if you google "vyshivanka" tho.

Only at festivals

wew that's pretty expensive, and i bet shipping is going to cost even more, do you think it's really worth that much money? also, when i type in "vyshivanka" in google it brings up ukrainian ones, not belarussian, could you clear up this difference; are they they same?

>French maid with a béret and a baguette.

Well it's supposed to be holiday garb so yeah.

>also, when i type in "vyshivanka" in google it brings up ukrainian ones, not belarussian, could you clear up this difference; are they they same?

I've got no fucking idea frankly.

Well, I can't deny that the carnaval fantasy can be considered a tradicional clothing, but we have a large variety of tradicional clothings according to region. In Bahia (Northeast) we have the baianas, that I think wear their traditional clothing in some festivities and celebrations of African religions. In Rio Grande do Sul (Southern Region), they have their own traditional clothing, but I don't know nothing about why and how often they wear it. We have the Ocktoberfest in Blumenau with people wearing german traditional clothing. I don't know any traditional clothing of my region (Mid-West). The only tradiotional clothing that we probably wear in the whole country, is when we dress like country dwellers on the "Festa Junina" holiday.

Cheongsam/qipao is not chinese traditional clothing. It is originated from manchurian.
Hanfu is the real chinese traditional clothing

The cigarette holder and the mustache is missing.

Wait is this suppose to be hanfu or some ancient gook dress?

thanks brolarusian

Perhaps some old people in the far corner of the country, but other than that litteraly never. Well, and for these kind of tourist photoshoots.