This is THE BEST SCREEN SETUP EVER for programming and getting shit done in general

This is THE BEST SCREEN SETUP EVER for programming and getting shit done in general.

Disagree? ATTEMPT TO PROVE ME WRONG!

I just use a big television. Not like I give a shit about color accuracy and what not.

How do you play Starcraft on this?

no, that shit's useless

5:4 monitor is best for everything

What is it even good for?
I'm sure it has its uses, but I can't think of a single one.

All the best programmers I've seen use that same orientation.

is there a name for this setup? It's very popular...

I wish Nivida supported portrait + flipped portrait orientation for monitors in a surround setup.

I can't do proper bezel correction without setting it up with surround, but surround only works on identical orientation monitors, so if you have two monitors with very thin top and side bezels, but with a large bottom bezel, you can't rotate the displays so the two top edges are together creating the smallest bezel possible (in my case about 11mm total width). It requires you have it flipped so the bottom bezel is smack in the center of the screen adding an extra ~8mm extra.

pic related, no bezel correction means the sword looks disjointed going from the right to left monitor.

Congrats, you just created a big 4:3 monitor with two lines through it.

>Watching videos with that setup

Left screen: Documentation. Usually 2 browsers split in halves.

Center screen: main code editor and debug/output screen. This is where you do most of your code editing.

Right screen: Support code. This is where you can place your header files or code snippets for support libraries etc. You can also use automatic code suggest windows there too so when you are working in some source file in the main code edit window, side window opens related sources.

This is what a lot of top programmers use. Can you improve on it?

21:9 for most shit with a 16:10 monitor for media and rotates to 10:16 for programming

>>Watching videos
fuck off parasite. we're talking about WORKING ON SHIT, not consuming garbage you low-IQ pleb.

Thoughts? Also, what sizes of screens are these? This seems to be impossible to arrange properly since dimensions seem impossible to match right.

U3011 with some 23 or 24" 1920x1200 side panels probably.

>2 browsers split in half
What are tabs?

>3 widescreen monitors for programming
This can't get any more retarded
2560x1080 already gets you a large enough desktop space to open 1 web browser on the left and your editor of choice on the right or vice versa.
If you don't know how to use tabs on your browser and editor of choice then you're fucking retarded.

>get proven wrong
>B-b-but muh autismo foobar scripts that I "work" on

Just buy a larger 4k screen you fucking kissless virgin faggot, kys.

>What are tabs?
You can split tabs vertically like this? Kek

If you are so concerned about having 2 separated windows why don't you learn how to use alt+tab and how to drag tabs to create a new window/open links in another window?

this may come as a shock to you but we don't give a fuck about you and your opinions.

>topic switcheroo
kek'd

>Congrats, you just created a big 4:3 monitor with two lines through it.
I think you mean 16:10

Actually it's 27:16

>iphone
kys

>make a single monitor in that setup
>no massive seperators fucking up the screen view

holy shit, i just changed the world

You forgot the bezels.

Bezels are irrelevant, they don't contain any pixels.

single monitor is expensive + having separate monitors is actually better since it's easier to programmatically set them up. and it also gives your brain a visual lines of separation.

3 monitors > 1 large one.

tiles
i
l
e
s

virgin detected.

virgin detected.

virginia detected.

Pajeet pls.

text doesn't render as well with rotated pixels

>text doesn't render as well with rotated pixels
easy to adjust in settings. pretty much every OS allows you to tweak those settings for vertical monitors. WIn10 and Macos do it by default (not sure about Linux but it can't be much different).

yes, it still looks worse.
obviously doesn't matter if you use windows and your font rendering is shit in general

It was great until 40"+ UHD came out.

>is there a name for this setup?
triple portrait

get a tiling window manager. even windows has DisplayFusion. no bezels is infinitely better.

Source on this?
I know it's a joke but thinking about it is pretty stupid: if the other cubicles are in use there is no reason weelchair guy has preference over retard guy. I've used the same logic with female bathrooms: if male's is occupied and female's not, I go to female's

top of the screens are annoying, the angle is big, screen is far

>Source on this?
Me. When I rotate my screen and adjust it to be portrait in settings, rendering changes.

I don't get it. It's not some taboo to use the handicap stall, it's my go-to stall.

That's just because you're a retard

How can anyone view a monitor sideways like that? Everything looks like shit. My eyes start hurting. And no, this wasnt done to a TN panel. Fucking Dell IPS panel. Unwatchable. Weird funky color grading, and the view angle is complete shit. Text looks like shit. Even though the PAR is 1:1

Because people in wheelchairs can't go to other stalls, it's kinda like you shouldn't park on handicap spaces. There's not very many handicapped people who are around though, so I also preferably go to that stall. If there are any handicapped around they can probably wait a minute till I finish peeing anyway.

To be fair, firefox has plugins that provide tiling (e.g. tileTab), which makes that, and much more complicated layouts, possible in a single window.
So yes, I can.

Firefox is killing XUL soon.

Mozilla is, but there are many forks that won't step away from XUL for at least another year after that.

I haven't read up much on webextensions and what they're doing with it, but who's to say this won't be possible with their implementation of it?

>firefox
dropped
r
o
p
p
e
d

yes, I use vivaldi

hi bitch!

how the fuck do you know which tab is active? there's no chrome for the lower portion at all

HAHAHAHAHAHa

4 x BEZELS IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR FOV HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

DISGUSTING!!!!!

its a group tab.
also, there is a border of the color of the theme (in my case, orange) around the selected tab frame.

No it's not. I'm using one right now and it's the shittest monitor I've ever used, and even worse than my 1366x768 laptop's screen. I just want widescreen back :(

>beats
>missmatched audo
>poor woodman workship
>dusty as shit
>rolling your own tobacco
>no mouse pad
>shit mouse
>shoes under the table
>manlet size 10
>pisspoor wire management
>MAGA
>redneck as fuck
>ugly custom monitor stand made from plywood
>loose change
>USB wireless card

5/10

lol

the beats aren't good but it's a beautiful custom monitor stand made with heavy bolts, the desk is beautifully constructed, the mouse is a real sleeper, rolling your own additive free organic tobacco is the real redpill, mousepads are a jewish meme, there's nothing wrong with having shoes under your desk, wire management is for nerds, i'm as redneckl as you are gay, there is nothing wrong with high quality 7 ply baltic birch plywood and in fact it's superior for many use-cases to hardwood, and it's size 11, faggot.

so many memes I'd don't even know where o begin..

about the only thing I like about your setup is that MAGA hat.

yeah well i probably hate your setup too.

lol

I immediately discard the opinion of anyone with vertical setups. It's the Hallmark of autism

>I immediately discard the opinion of anyone with vertical setups. It's the Hallmark of autism
Vertical = someone who creates shit
Horizontal = parasites who consume shit (videos, gaymes etc).

Horizontal screen is the hallmark of useless/lazy/parasitic NEET.

Ebin

You pee in a stall?

I agree. I have the same setup, with 3 other monitors above/to the side

>parasite who consumes

what a dumb motherfucker. good luck finding any incentive to create ($$) without someone to consume. everyone creates and consumes in their own ways.

stop being so antagonistic.

amd eyefinity

>You pee in a stall?
I was talking more about toilets in general, not native english speaker maybe I should've just said toilets.

you smell of plebbit. you need to go back to that shithole, newfag.

>Those fucking pannels on middle of acreen

>yeah well i probably hate your setup too.
you can't afford my setup. that's why you'd hate it.

Those are called bezels.

Pannel.

Filtered

I don't keep mine like this most of the time, just sayin

I want diagonal displays

it's clear people with vertical monitors think they are some hot shot. No different than getting a really loud muffler on your civic. It's just to seek attention and "be different"

>windows
>Webcam
>meme mic stand
>razer mouse
>iphone

ding dong ur a nigger

Currently at dual 4k screens, would love another if I could get a good price.

my setup cost over 4000 dollars. but no. whatever you have, i might admire your quad SLi p6000's etc but your setup is probably pure shit. post it faggot.

with GUI scaling at 200-250% probably

enjoy that 1080p/1440p desktop space on your "4k" monitors.

There's plenty of desktop space and the 4k makes everything crisper. Can just get another monitor if I needed more space.

comfy as fuck user

I'm still on the 40" 4k boat, but I can at least respect this setup.

40" 8k can't come soon enough though.

>hamster
are your parents proud of you for being a manchild?

:^)

god damn that looks comfy af!

I have 3 x 1080p panels in a vertical configuration (I paid $150 for all three) but 4K would be even more epic! 12K screen setup must look amazing.

sorry for asking bro. i watch anime as well but figurines, pillows, posters etc will NEVER enter my home.

>says that
>while posting anime pictures on Sup Forums

Just kys

600 or 650?

you can disable the LED for those annoying white power button lights in monitor settings. also, put some black electric tape over Dell logos so they don't reflect light and annoy you.

other than that, rock on!

650, and I didn't know that thanks bro.

>productive
>Sup Forums

>multiple monitors
>bezelfagging
>pleb tier sub-5k resolution
>inferior hardware quality
What peasantry is going on here?

I prefer 600's but 650's are OK too (600's have a more natural sound and much better mids imo).

yeah, just go into settings and disable. black electrical tape trick is the only reason why I still tolerate Dell monitors.

>Those bezels
Horrendous
>Only 5k

Eh, I have one monitor set up in portrait and its breddy gud for long but not wide applications which warrant 10:16 resolutions

5K? Wish I could afford it. absolutely love the minimalism.

>he posted anime pictures on an anime website
my god, how dare he!

Why not have both? Triple portrait + 4k above?

That setup would be so bright, it could give you a tan.

Fuckin weeb fag

>talks about that watching youtube and media consuption is for parasites
>watches anime

yeah nah

>comes on an anime site
>complains about anime
>insults anime fans
you have a very low IQ.