Router upgrade?

I need some recommendations for a new router

I've got pic related which is my basic ISP one, I know I should've upgraded but I just haven't got round to it

The ethernet speeds are great at around 72Mbps download which is what i was quoted but the WiFi is terrible, the 2.4 GHz struggles to load Google and the 5ghz isn't as bad but it's still only 13Mbps or so and cuts out frequently and I need to disconnect my phone and reconnect it

I've looked for any obvious interferences but can't really find any

Anyone got any recommendations for a router with good speeds for ethernet, 2.4ghz and 5ghz?

Price range around £50 - £100 but would prefer lower, also it'll be used by about 10-15 devices by WiFi and 3 through ethernet doing various things like streaming 720p - 1440p video and downloading games and stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Supported_Hardware#4G_LTE_cards_and_modems
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have an airport Extreme time capsule or w.e and it's okay. My TP-Link dual band wifi n router is just as good and only cost like 30 bucks. I've been pretty happy with TP-Link in all honesty.

The airport gives decent coverage in my house, but no better than the TP-Link. Only have the airport for my wife's MacBook.

Netgear r7000 is solid, has great range can get signal at my neighbors across the street and still get 100Mbps down.

Oh. Forgot to ask, did you want Gigabit or just 10/100 okay?

They have an AC 750 that seems decent. Gets good reviews and looks like a more up to date version of the one I have. Mine is about 4 years old I think, still works fine.

I think 10/100 is fine atm but gigabit wouldn't be bad, I'd like to setup a home server to host my files but my network speed would be limited by drive speed which normally is about 50-100 mbps so I won't worry too much

Archer C7 + LEDE

>but my network speed would be limited by drive speed which normally is about 50-100 mbps

Huh, no. Disk bandwidth is in MB/s, which is 8 times more than mbit/s.

Using fast ethernet would cap your transfers at around 10MB/s. Go gigabit ethernet.

Asus and Linksys have some pretty good stuff in that price range. Both have options with some kind of OpenWRT running on them. Asus calls it MerlinWRT or something. got an Asus AC1200 and it works pretty well.

866mbit on WiFi is just great.

Right, good to know, thanks

I love Mikrotik you can do all you want without any restriction.
And some of them don't have these stupid antennas outside

What's this USB for 3g 4g support?

How's it work?

>o
you can plug in USB-3g modem and connect all the computers that you want to it using wifi.

wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Supported_Hardware#4G_LTE_cards_and_modems

These are the list of supported hardware. And usually if work in linux run on mikrotik

Why would you want to do that?

Just connect them to the router through WiFi instead of the 3g/4g adapter

jajajjaja

you have to choose one way to surf internet and 3g/4g modem are one

Dude. Talk Talk? Dude!

>openwrt
Daily reminder that OpenWRT, DD-WRT and Tomato can only use software NAT with no hardware acceleration so WANLAN throughout will always be low compared with stock firmwares with hardware-accelerated NAT.
At least OpenWrt (and derivatives) deliver NAT with connection tracking.

What do you mean by low WAN - LAN? If you're only using two-three devices connecting to router is it a big deal?

Anything ubiquiti. Or mikrotik, I guess.

you get low WAN-LAN speeds because all the heavy work like NAT, Firewall, QoS, etc is done by the CPU without any HW acceleration. It shouldn't affect if you have a

What's consisdered a fast cpu? I'm looking into getting an rt ac900u and flashing advanced tomato