I'm currently a sophmore in chemistry at my university making good grades

I'm currently a sophmore in chemistry at my university making good grades.
However I'm fucking miserable and considering switching to cs.
I have no prior experience in cs but am planning on studying it independently this semester.
Is a degree in cs actually useful (ie not a meme) or should I switch to something else next year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zGNzE1Rzrtc
stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

CS is a meme degree. The most it would do is get you interviews, but actual experience is what gets you CS related jobs
So unless you plan on getting some experience under your belt while you get your meme degree then it's not worth it

Sort yourself out, you need to figure out what YOU want to do.

>get easy undergrad degree
>work meme job 2 years
>get MBA
>make bokoo bucks

You need it or a related computing degree to get your foot in the door anywhere

Experience alongside would be the plan.
I'm going to try my hand at it over this semester to see if I enjoy it.
Honestly I'm not passionate about chemistry but I lack real passion for other fields aswell.
I wish the economy wasn't so fucking awful.

Debatable. If HR is the one doing the resume reading then yes but if anyone from the actual dept. is looking at them then they won't pay attention to degrees because they know they're memes

I know a guy who double majored cs and chemistry. He is an animebaord admin no gf neet now for over 4 years after his graduation.

listen to >most programmers who made it big didnt learn at some meme uni

what board?

Thank you.
As I said I would be planning on getting experience through family contacts at the same time.

no-you.com

you can ask him personally if you want

self teach desu

I don't understand how CS can be a meme.
In Denmark, CS graduates only have 2% unemployment a year after graduation.

Depends on the country. In burgerland CS is a meme

>Denmark
in america half the fuckin kids are going to college for cs related fields..we are also bringing in the poos and out sourcing shit aswell

Huh.. Couldn't OP just get a job in outside the US, then?
I can't imagine VISA being hard to acquire as a US citizen here in Europe.

>Moving outside of the US

Why not? Generally job experience in foreign countries counts a lot on the CV.
I know home is always best, but why wouldn't you want to work outside the US?

>Moving from a country that just banned poo-in-loos to a country that keeps being more in
For what purpose?

I hope you are not serious.
If you honestly believe that Europe is overrun by Indians/arabs you've been on Sup Forums or Sup Forums for too long, friend.
You should go traveling a bit and see the real world!

>I know home is always best, but why wouldn't you want to work outside the US?
Tell me more, Danish Friend. I want to work outside the USA. How much Danish would I need to learn? How can I assimilate into Danish culture? I'm white if that helps.

>How much Danish would I need to learn?
None. Denmark is amongst the countries in the world with the highest knowledge of English. Also, most Danes would prefer to talk to you in English rather than in broken Danish, Danes are not some of the people who find it endearing that a foreigner tries to learn the language.
Of course simple phrases are nice to know and such.
>How can I assimilate into Danish culture?
Really not very hard. I guess it's a bit different than the culture in the US, though.
We don't speak openly to people we don't know, so we appear pretty cold in the public eye. In supermarkets we are robots.
>I'm white if that helps.
It does help some, we have a lot of older people who are racist, but most young people don't really care.

Any amount of poo-in-loos coming in is too many. They breed like rabbits, and in a generation or two will be a much bigger problem than they are now.

What are the gun laws and internet speeds there?

>gun laws
No guns. Except for hunting purposes, and here a bunch of restrictive laws apply as well.
>internet speeds
Internet speeds are pretty good. Of course, it all depends on how much you are willing to spend.
I can't imagine a populated place in Denmark where you can't get 100Mbit.
It actually has higher average speed per citizen than the US.

Typical Americuck. First concern is for your small penis compensation device.

>No guns
dropped

See:
This is why you're a laughing stock to the rest of the world.

Oh well. Have a nice day, user.
Not sure why you need your gun, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=zGNzE1Rzrtc

Who cares what countries that can't defend themselves think? I honestly think Myanmar or those SE Asian countries opinion of us matters more than some country where the average citizen is so cucked by the gov't that guns can only be used for hunting, not self-defense against shitskins and what not. Honestly, those SE Asian countries are better than the US in some respects seeing you can use RPGs and shit with very little to no restriction at all.

CS is not programming.
Also

There are no Indian refugees. They're all going to the US. Not Europe.

I can't tell if this guy is being serious or not.

Just do computational chemistry. Literally Chemistry + CS with lots of physics/math mixed in. And the professors make big bucks, too.

Depends on the person, some people like to do sport shooting, some people like to hunt, and some live in a state of constant fear of brown people invading their house and pounding their butthole before stealing their TV.

if you don't see the need to own at least one gun for self defense then you show you're probably younger than 20
Both parents lives we're saved as a child because their parents owned a gun
I'm not planning on going out and shooting brown people, but I want the right to be able to defend myself when needed

>However I'm fucking miserable and considering switching to cs.
DO
NOT
DO
IT!

Simply don't fucking throw your life away by getting into CS. CS is a meme and most of the grads are unemployed.

Not to mention that programming is extremely boring and unsatisfying.

stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

>if you don't see the need to own at least one gun for self defense then you show you're probably younger than 20
Why would this be a disadvantage? Also, I'm 24.
>Both parents lives we're saved as a child because their parents owned a gun
Entire schools were shot because their parents owned a gun
>I'm not planning on going out and shooting brown people, but I want the right to be able to defend myself when needed
You might not be, but some obviously are.

There's a reason the US is leading in mass shooting incidents.

I'm 28, not Americucked, and never seen a gun in person in my life. If you truly believe that you couldn't make it to 20 without needing a gun for self defense, that doesn't say very nice things about the state of your country or the behavior of it's people.

You mean the 2 or 3 that happen every so often, compared to the majority of gun related deaths being suicides or self-defense (or gun accidents).

I don't mean I want to have an Uzi and an AK laying in bed with me. I just want to be able to own a pistol to keep in my house

As an American, Yes he is 100% serious, The south is what people think of when they think dumb Americans.

Am from the south. Can confirm

That's 2 or 3 more than the rets of the world combined.
The US is a third world country in gun-related incidents.

More of a mental health issue than a full on gun related one (although it still is the fault of super lax gun laws)
You can be batshit insane and legally purchase a gun

>chemistry
>fucking miserable

why?
Is it pure chemistry or chemical engineering?

Depends on the state. In Pennsylvania, one involuntary commitment means you can no longer legally own firearms. I'm pretty pro- guns, but I work in the mental health field and I think it's a fantastic law.

It's going to be a grind but you can be self made to write some shitty code to make a shitty app to put on your shitty resume to get your shitty job to work shitty pay in a shitty town. Or do some research on financial aid, community colleges, work/study programs, internships and get the degree so you can decide for yourself where and how you want to work.