Hardest european language to learn?

Hardest european language to learn?
Easiest european language to learn?

Finnish
English

I really need to get fit.

/thread

That kid must be drowning in pussy of all ages.

Polish
English/Spanish

proper spanish (since non-spaniards are biologically coded to not be able to speak properly)
english

That kid has a bright future ahead of him.

I'd say :
Polish
English

>12yo's are now fitter than you

Portuguese
Arabic

Islandic
Emglish

*icelandic

It's because non-spaniards don't sound like retards with a lisp

Bosnian/serbian/croatian

How old is this kid, dont know if want

No language is difficult if you go to the country and use the language.

Probably around 14 - and probably Photoshopped

Being this overdeveloped at a young age is extremely dangerous

Finnish or Hungarian
English or Spanish
>people saying Polish

Dunno about foreigners, but Spanish is obviously quite easy for Italian speakers. But I agree with those who say that Spanish is harder than French and Italian.

Hungarian
German (assuming you're excluding English)

Proper.

Probably 12 and non shopped, gimnastics kids have that body.

Also he will probably be a manlet

English speakers already have a lisp.

t. seseante master race

The problem with italians is that you don't bother to speak spanish properly and just use the tons of italian words because you know we can understand you anyway.

Russian
French

Finnish
Dutch

Finnish
Spanish

Some obscure language with no books or other stuff to learn from
Probably Spanish, but realistically English because it's used everywhere and has a ton of learning material

all of them
english

or so I've heard from the memes

>Hardest european language to learn?
Basque
>Easiest european language to learn?
English

finnish and hugarian are not european langueags both of those are asian barbarians.

learning depend on ur mother languege, obviosly for slavic ppl easier to learn another slavic langue and for branch of german langueges easier to learn another language from german group.

I'm C2 m8, claiming that Spanish is harder than any language with a case system is plain ridiculous.

That doesn't make it more difficult, it just means that we don't bother learning it properly. You also have some stupid things that might confuse Italian-speakers

Examples:

Abrir, Apertura. In Italian they would be Aprire, Apertura, with a P in both cases.

Fundar, Fondo. In Italian they would be Fondare and Fondo, with an O in both cases.

And things like that. It still a pretty easy language for an Italian-speaker.

I studied a bit of spanish last summer with only the basics I learned in highschool and the hardest part I'd say was learning subjonctive.
I'm not an expert in my own language and in fact I believe not many people here understand why they use subjonctive at all they just do it because it sounds right so spanish subjonctive having its quirks compared to french subjonctive that was a bit tedious, like relearning your own language more rigorously.

Portuguese, perhaps. That along with Finnish & Icelandic.

>Easiest European language to learn?

English, without a doubt. If your native language has strong latin roots, I suppose it can also be quite easy to pick up french, spanish & italian. For us portuguese it is, at least. Our grammar is arguably one of the most "complex" of the romance languages.

Spanish harder than French? That's not true m8, Spanish is quite easy, they have very little exceptions to the rules and the pronunciation is easy.
Maybe you're talking about the verbs, but all romance languages have those declinations.

Estonian (and every Baltic Language),Finnish

English,Spanish

Depends on your mother tongue.
Depends on your mother tongue.
Although English probably is pretty easy to pick up for anyone, because the language is so ubiquitous and you can't really get by in daily life without knowing it.

fuck subjunctive

1. Basque
2. English

If your maternal language is a romance or germanic language english is probably the easiest language to learn.

Hardest is probably Basque or finish.

Why do you think it's hard to learn Baltic languages?

The French and the Italian grammars are pretty much the same (Probably due to the strong french influence on Northern Italy) and I can assure you that Spanish is way harder than the Italian one.

Not only they use more tenses (Some of whom are even non-existent in Italian, like the subjuntivo futuro or the various form with the gerund like "Fueron uniendose" which aren't used in Italian) they also use more of them more often (For example the pretérito indefinido isn't used in Italian apart from very formal contexts and in literature and the use of the subjuntivo isn't as strictly regulated). They also have some little differences that were lost in French and in Italian (Está/Hay, Tener/Haber). Some may argue that French and Italian form the compound tenses with Être/Esser and Avoir/Avere, which may lead to confusion, but I still think that Spanish is way harder once you reach a middle-high level.

lol you wot?
spanish is one of the easiest languages out of there. I'm russian and went completly fluid after a year of living here.

>went completly fluid after a year of living here.
Being fluent in a language after living for a year is normal m8, the opposotie would have been strange.

Nope, I want to see you go to Finland, Russia, China or Greece and try that shit.

I'd say Basque

Spanish

I picked up arabiic when arriving here 10 months ago and am now fluent.

ALWAYS THESE FAGGOTS WITH THE POLISH MEME

Finnish for hardest, no matter where you come from.
Easiest depends, but I'm going to go with Italian or Spanish.

Chechen or Georgian
English

Hardest germanic language: Icelandic (4 cases, many irregularities)
Hardest romance language: French (difficult to grasp pronouncation compared to the other romance languages)
Hardest slavic language: I think its czech or polish, (7 cases, many different ch sounds)
Something like that I think

Where are you from? I seriously doubt it.
The thing is spanish is extreemly easy, the pronunciation, the grammatic rules and times have very little exeptions, the orthography is just a piece of cake, they littleraly read and write the same!

t. Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz

Spanish is one of the easiest languages to learn

Russian or Basque
Spanish

If I want to learn one Slavic language that would help me communicate with the most Slavic peoples, should I learn Slovenian? Will Slovaks, Poles, and Croatians/Serbians be able to understand me?

Don't forget ŘŘŘŘŘŘ and Chrt pln skvr vtrhl skrz čtvrť Krč prv zbltl čtvrthrst zrn.

>learn one Slavic language
Learn russian, the rest is useless.

French here,
I agree that spanish is easy, but most people who aren't socially awkward and put some goodwill can learn any language in a few months by living in the country.

no lol. Only Slovenians will.
Also do this: Pretty much every post-communist country's citizens know some Russian.

Slovene is close enough to Serbo-Croatian but the rest are a bit more distant; Slovakian is the closest of the West Slavic. As a non-Slav, you will probably have a lot more problems understanding speakers of other Slavic languages, though.

There's always that meme language, Interslavic, too. It's something all Slavs understand to an extent and it may actually help for understanding their languages.

>Pretty much every post-communist country's citizens know some Russian.
No.

I'm not talking about one that they all speak, I'm talking about one that sounds the closest to their native language. I've always thought Slovenian was a very "general" Slavic language

Should I learn Interslavic?

>one that they all speak
Oh, you mean English? There's no magical panslavic language you fucking fairy.

>Should I learn Interslavic
No.

You basically have to pick a slav group you want to understand. If you want to understand East Slavs, it's Russian. West Slavs it's probably Slovak and for South Slavs I don't know, maybe Croatian.

so basically what you said was that finno/ugric languages are the hardest

>There's no magical panslavic language
There is Interslavic.

As I've said, as a non-Slav, you will probably have difficulty understanding speakers of other Slavic languages since they're just distant/different enough, plus many have words that mean different things. And there's dialects.

It depends on whether you want to understand the most Slavs (then it's Russian) or if you want to understand Slavs from different regions (West Slavic language to understand West Slavs,...).

>I've always thought Slovenian was a very "general" Slavic language
Why should it be? They're on the edge of the Slavic speaking area.

You are literally American. Just drop the idea, you won't learn any language anyway.

>tfw your language is meme

t. Native Basque speaker

I understand it must be quite hard for a native English speaker but you do have a form a subjuntive so It's not completely foreign.

It's a Slavic language that is the closest to the old language.

>he doesn't even use dual

>Should I learn Interslavic?
It's a meme language, it have it's own grammar and spelling, but with no pronunciation, so nobody will teach you how to speak it. Moreover, I think different Slavs have very different pronunciation, so they all would read the same Interslavic text by their own way

>Users several hundreds (2012)[1]
>Purpose Constructed languages
>intothetrash.jpg

I'm already bilingual (English+Icelandic) with decent proficiency in German, some basic knowledge of Dutch, and I can understand most written Nordic languages. I do well at this stuff, but I want to speak with blyad' in their native tongues

I might just learn Slovenian since nothing can give me a perfect understanding of the other languages. If I learn Slovenian, I can at least read the other Slavic languages (I can already read Cyrillic)

>maybe Croatian
But would Macedonians and Croats understand Slovenian?

Oh sorry then, you are the good American kind. Can appreciate that! But I still would suggest you just to learn Russian. There are great literature works from Russian authors and many more speakers in Russian.

What exactly makes you think that, other than the dual?

Ha? Er íslenska móðurmálið þitt?

closest to proto-slavic language is Russian probably, they have closes accent (free stress), though their vocabulary has alot of latin/german/english words (кapтoчки, пepюд). Polish has in example nasal vowels, which retained after proto-slavic. Don't know much about south Slavs, but they seem to be a lot of Hungarian and Turkic words.

Well yes, you'd have to go back to the year 500 for a natural language that all Slavs could understand.

>But would Macedonians and Croats understand Slovenian?
They can if they want to, but the younger people (both Slovene and Serbo-Croatian speaking) are getting too stupid and they communicate in English.

Can anyone give me an idea of the difference in difficulty of learning French vs Spanish? As an English speaker?

I've never given Hungarian a shot but I heard it's a very difficult language.
Kinda interested in learning it for muh heritage (have some distant family whom I visited in Hungary some years ago but we spoke English) but when I have time for it I'd like to continue learning spanish and japanese, being a weab and all that.

JOHN CENA

>though their vocabulary has alot of latin/german/english words (кapтoчки, пepюд).
Maybe then Ukrainian or Belorussian are better? They have a lot more original Slavic words

I'd go for Slovak, they have really mix of Russian, Czech, Slovenian and Polish vocabulary

Já, ég er grindvíkingur.

I agree it's the most useful but I've never really liked Russian...I always found Slovenian to be much more beautiful.
Also I've considered learning Livonian to go full meme.

I suppose I could always fall back on English if they don't understand me

Basque
English

>portuguese

Don't flatter yourself. Brazilian Portuguese, at least, is incredibly easy for me.

well, learn maybe old church Slavonic then?

this

>Portuguese
Easy
>Icelandic
Not as hard as people say it is. It has 4 cases, but so does German. Some groups have issues with pronunciation but if you can roll your r's then the only thing you'll have trouble pronouncing will be "au" as in "aumingi".

U for real? If that's actually useful I'd unironically learn it.

Easier to reach B2 in Spanish.

For C1 and C2 french is easier. Mastering spanish is a pain in the ass for me.

But my maternal language is german not english.

Duvido.

>Já, ég er grindvíkingur.
Þú meinar Grindjáni

Can Swiss people understand Hochdeutsch? Also pls tell me stories about your experience with Rätoromanisch people.

Personally, I would say Spanish is easier, but French isn't far behind.

>Grindjáni
kv. Reykjafífl

This. Can confirm.

>closest to proto-slavic language is Russian probably, they have closes accent (free stress),

We also have free stress though. It's funny listening to degenerate Slavic languages such as Czech and Serbocroatian stressing every word on the first vowel desu.