youtube.com/watch?v=ov8ICYqDe2I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>3.5" disk

Why are most ITX cases such shit?

Here's my ITX battlestation.

why is the Ncase so expensive?

because these things don't sell on quality, they sell on "ooh, tiny!"

Nano S > toaster sized cases > cubes

When those Ryzen APUs drop i'm thinking of building a little HTPC using one of these guys.

Why don't you just buy a nuc?

>intel jewery

I don't care about brands, I just buy what is best. Nucs are fast, cheap, small, efficient, and quiet. They don't have a lot of storage, but I really only use Kodi with exodus on Debian. If you only want Kodi, you could buy a dragon box, however with that you can't browse the web or anything.

I'd just like to build something myself, a NUC takes some of that fun away.

Why not just buy a Chromebox and install Linux on it? Or you could even keep Chrome OS now that it has Android apps, so you might be able to do all your media stuff with Android apps.

The Cougar QBX is literally god tier desu. All it needs is better build quality but for only $50 I'm not complaining.

I decided to see what the most expensive build I can fit in there is, and this is what I came up with: pcpartpicker.com/list/nTY7nn

Absolutely insane. Enough space for 4 SSDs, 7 case fans, and an 120mm AIO. If you sacrifice one SSD/fan, you can get a 240mm AIO I think.

Disregard all the incompatibility warnings, all the parts are fully compatible with each other.

mITX is truly the best case form factor

This count?

I have a mid tower and I'm really regretting not building in this case instead

I've got a micro itx, what kind of heatsink would fit in it? Is noctua actually good?

phanteks and fractal make the best cases on the market t b h

what case?

It depends entirely on the case. One I bought I while ago was such total shit the PSU was positioned directly over the board with about two inches of clearance and couldn't even fit a stock heatsink/fan.

atx cooling and matx expansion on enthoo itx size (TJ08-e)

No competition

my main desktop is starting to show its age, especially when streaming or recording. Should i do a small build or just do another mid tower?

Matx seems to be the perfect compromise.

depends on what specs you're trying to fit in there to be honest family

Anyone know when z270 MITX boards are going to come out?
Specifically the z270 stinger

>Why don't you just buy a nuc?
Because you have more options and there are currently no Raven Ridge NUCs. Maybe there will be in the future, maybe not.

msi and asus boards are out already. not sure about stinger, but if you aren't buying the z270i strix for the m2 heatsink you're doing mitx wrong

is mITX build + NAS the way to go these days,
or does Sup Forums prefer a large tower full of HDD's?

The Asrock board with Thunderbolt 3 is pretty nice as well.

>small production batches
>all aluminum
>target audience is a niche which is well known for willing to pay more to get exactly what they want (i.e. autistic)

Just get the Cougar QBX Kaze if you want the same functionality for 1/4 the price.

just buy a mITX case with a lot of HDD slots and you get the best of both worlds.

pcpartpicker.com/product/BWFPxr/fractal-design-case-fdcanode304bl

can confirm cougar qbx is godlike

will be building my first build in it

hwc just did a review on it: youtube.com/watch?v=ov8ICYqDe2I

that's nice

i love my shoebox

She's got different fans but this is about the same. Node 202 is the case.

Forgot pic like faggot.

Is thunderbolt really that useful? It's not like itx builds are lacking in ports anyway

I can't find any use for it. But I see people wanting them for some reason, probably for 4K monitors.
I know that m.2. nvme drives aren't useful for me when sata SSDs are half the price and probably perform 25% slower in practice.

there is zero room for any of the air from that graphics card. why do people buy heatsinks for these tiny little cases instead of AIO to free up flow?

This is true about m2 ssd. I just like how small it is, but i could have to a sata ssd with twice the space for and extra 25% money

I just bought a fractal design core 500 and board/cpu to go with it.

Turns out my PSU is within spec, but the cables take up about 5mm too much.

Waiting for an SFX psu now :/

it's only for 1 one the fans, and there's more than enough room for air intake.

airflow for that aio must suck balls, I bet if you can get the area on the panel where the fan is stamped in and install a dust filter, shit would be gold.

it's not just about intake, it's about all that hot pocket of air stuck between the GPU and that heatsink

Totally right about it being functionally the same, but it does look like shit next to an Ncase unfortunately.

The first run was justifiably expensive because that's just how much it cost in that run. It was a custom build designed by a couple of dudes on a forum, made to spec by Lian Li. Shit's not cheap.

Now that they're a few versions in, the only reason they're still the same price is because that is the price the market is used to. I'm sure they could lower the price, but why? People are still buying them as fast as they can make them.

Sucks for poorfags but I don't blame the designers. Designing that shit, putting up with autists wanting their say in the design, running an e-commerce site, putting up with more autists for customer service; shit takes a lot of time. The first run probably didn't even make any money whatsoever.

>Is noctua actually good?
Yes. No one really has ever said Noctua is not good. Everyone just questions whether it's worth the insane premium (like the NCase; everyone agrees it's good and built really well, but do you really want to pay that much?).

>probably perform 25% slower in practice.
lol In practice they perform pretty much identical. I've been buying SSDs since the shitty Vertex LE's (around 2010/2011-ish?) and currently do have various SSDs from Samsung to Sandisk, NVMe to SATA3. Day-to-day/work/gaming usage is completely not noticeably different going from an upper end SATA SSD to Samsung's NVMe's. I haven't even noticed a difference in boot times really (on the rare occasion I cold/reboot).

I like having bleeding edge once in a while though, so I don't regret it. However, for everyone else I highly suggest saving money unless you desperately need space (which you shouldn't, even in a case as small as that Cougar or Ncase).

been playing Witcher 3 for a few hours and the max temp I got from the GPU was 72c, it's not that serious.

There's cases with worse airflow.

Probably because it appeals to autists like me? Also it is nice to note that the silver matches the older MBP perfectly. Sadly I emailed them about a space grey version but they haven't replied to me, yet.

>need to finish this build by the mid of march
>want Ryzen but Ryzen will not be doing ITX until their APU comes out which is fucking stupid
I guess AMD will not get my money. I am also willing to pay more for Intel.

Really? a few motherboard manufactures announced ITX boards already