So this just happened, guess it's time for a replacement

So this just happened, guess it's time for a replacement.

What's Sup Forums's pick for a 10" tablet in the

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=80McioNw3Os
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why won't you just replace the glass?

That will probably cost more than a new tablet.

The glass itself is a nightmare to replace and a new LCD+glass unit is like $200, might as well just get a new tablet instead of sinking hundreds into fixing one that's already a few years old and has been showing its age anyway. (I'm a heavy user and the battery is pretty fucked.)

Refurb galaxy tab 4 10.1, dirt cheap.

because the cost of parts, materials and or tools to perform such a repair PROPERLY make it unreasonable to do so, you're better off buying a new device.

What do you use your 10" tablet for OP?

AppleCare doesn't have this problem

non-meme answer: use slickdeals to find a good ipad pro
meme answer: the latest chink lagdroid shit

does the touch still work? Then you don't need replacing it yet.

>What do you use your 10" tablet for OP?

Mostly just reading stuff, websites, kindle books, the occasional manga, etc. I use it in bed and on the can quite a bit, as well as taking it on trips and whatever.

It's way too smashed up to use, the cracks are on the outside and you can't use it without getting glass splinters.

I'm almost tempted to just go with an iPad, even at Apple pricing they're actually on par with or cheaper than equivalent Android tablets and they're definitely built better. I prefer Android though, and I'm already in their "ecosystem" since I have an Android phone and have been using this Tab S for the last few years.

16:9 tablets is the most retarded idea I've ever seen.
lmao at those button placements. how the fuck do you reach them in portrait mode?

fpbp

>I'm almost tempted to just go with an iPad, even at Apple pricing they're actually on par with or cheaper than equivalent Android tablets and they're definitely built better. I prefer Android though, and I'm already in their "ecosystem" since I have an Android phone and have been using this Tab S for the last few years.

Android sucks for tablet use, iOS is much better optimised and runs much nicer assuming you want a consumption device. Coming from a hardcore Androidfag here.

>It's way too smashed up to use, the cracks are on the outside and you can't use it without getting glass splinters.
thats where you use scratch protector

10 inch tablets are too big to actually use as a tablet. Why did you even buy this in the first place? Even 8 inches is starting to get too big unless you have massive manmitts for hands.

I'd suggest an iPad. I picked up an Air 2 to test an app I was developing, and ended up using it myself quite often. It's fast and has a hefty "justworks" factor. I do wish I could pcsx-rearmed on it; I can run other emulators fine but remarmed needs JIT which means WX pages/running unsigned code. Still, I have plenty of other devices to run PS1 games on. For actual tablet use, it's excellent.

The only other tablet I've owned was a 2012 Nexus 7, which was utter shit in comparison. I assume modern Android is a lot better on tablets, but I haven't used any.

Why would you replace LCD screen if only glass is broken? Glass with digitizer probably costs about 20$

>10 inch tablets are too big to actually use as a tablet. Why did you even buy this in the first place? Even 8 inches is starting to get too big unless you have massive manmitts for hands.

manlets get out

I worry more about the table it's on

It's never been an issue for me, I'm not sure how you'd use a tablet where the couple of extra inches would matter. I usually either hold mine with two hands or prop it up on something, and it's not like it's too heavy to support one-handed either.

Replacing the glass/digitizer isn't really practical on the Tab S, at least not unless I pay somebody else to do it, and then I've sunk enough money into it that I'd rather just upgrade while I'm at it.

Yeah, I'm definitely thinking about it. I had an iPad2 before I got the Galaxy and it served me well for almost 5 years, and only really replaced it because the battery was kaput.

I actually kinda like the idea of an 8" tablet and I see that the Mini 2 is still available and is dirt cheap for what it is, I wonder if buying one would be a stupid idea or not.

Apparently OP is a manlet too, because he dropped it like a clumsy retard.

I actually didn't drop it, something fell over and landed on top of it.

Surface Pro 2

Don't buy another tablet, you're just going to break this one too.

I made it almost seven years of having tablets before I broke one, I think I'll be fine.

Anyway I just went full meme and bought a Shield K1, reviews were pretty good and I'm only out $200 if it sucks.

>and I'm already in their "ecosystem" since I have an Android phone and have been using this Tab S for the last few years.
This doesn't mean anything, you're just incorrectly parroting things other people have said

Surface 3 (atom version)

16x9 sucks ass on a tablet and the sp2 has a horrible battery life. S3 non pro is where it's at

Is that sm-p600/605? I just got mine for $200. Runs 7.1 cyanogen mighty fine with 6 hours sot. Either wait a while for new chromebooks with stylus or get a nexus9, surface pro 3/4, sm-p600.

Good luck getting the glass off that thing without wrecking it. Most of us aren't repairmen.

I got it for $150. Ebay deal. It was used by some Jewelry store, so I just had to remove a sticker.

I flashed Lineage 14.1, and getting 7+ SOT.

bought an asus zenpad for like 160 bucks last year.

perfectly usable, runs fine.

I used LCD for digitize, my mistake, but the point is that it isn't a simple procedure and you need tools to do it with, plus, you have to source the parts and your $20 digitizer, where are you getting it from? Is it an actual usable part or will it be fucked up in some way? I have replaced digitizers on phones and it is a matter of luck, sometimes they just don't work well.

It takes a pro nearly 20 minutes to do it with the proper tools.

youtube.com/watch?v=80McioNw3Os

idk. my 8inch nvidia shield feels a little too small desu.

>gaymen tablet

funny guy.

>manlets
handlets? fingerlets?

You mean your beta Nintendo Switch?

Note 10.1 2014 edition, using it for 2 years now, was second hand. Get it for 250 dollars. It has wacom and pen, and retina display, 4x2.3ghz

got an samsung tab a 10.1, cost 200 bucks, about 250 with 4g, can't complain

hate android though, but that's life ...