How many buttons are on your mouse and how do you use them

How many buttons are on your mouse and how do you use them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vLfAtCbE_Jc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Zero
Tablet

roccat kone xtd
Has a shit ton of options to it, but mainly Volume, Next/prev song and mic toggle

two buttons one scroll bar

i use them to left click and right click

Logitech Proteus Spectrum
>two thumb buttons
>third thumb button with reach
>two pseudo leftclick buttons
>behind-scroll-wheel button
>left and right scroll wheel tilt buttons
>also the normal L/R click, middle click and scrolling capability

Mostly for gaming. Good for macros, though. I use them in addition to MouseKeys to autonomously position my cursor at certain points on the screen to streamline tasks like file management, or video game inventory management.

17 buttons, it's an MMO marketed mouse but I use it for games with a lot of keyboard controls. It's a god send for Arma 3.

left, middle, right
smaller one behind wheel to switch dpi
two on each side, the ones on the left have space and middle click to do that with my thumb, the ones of the right switch profiles

like they are supposed to be used

Logitech G600, 20 buttons. software control allows each of them to be mapped to different functions depending on what's running in the foreground

two thumb buttons

I use one for media play/pause, the other to launch task view

the one for play/pause can be combined with the left/right buttons for media next/previous

Second this

5 buttons on my gayming mouse
3 on my ancient erryday mouse

Left click for normal
Right click for context menu
Middle click for scroll or open link in new tab or close tab or close program
Back for back
Forward for forward

...7, if you count the dpi buttons.

Do you even use all those except for in MMO's?

Mice wear out fucking fast. It isn't worth spending more than $30 on one.

>How many buttons are on your mouse and how do you use them

I use a TrackPoint

were you born with no arms and use your foot with a mouse?
they last for fucking years

I don't play MMO's I use it at work, I've mapped the buttons to the most common commands I use in the programs I use every day. It's also (theoretically) the most awesome shiposting mouse ever made - you could potentially map a button purely to posting the Stallman GNU+Linux copypasta if you wanted

No scroll wheel click?

Standard two-button touchpad.

It does have some gay gestures, but i usually only trigger them by accident.

Usually you can turn these off new friend.

>How many buttons are on your mouse and how do you use them
uh i think 8
i only use page back, page forward lmb rmb scroll and scroll button

a stanard 2 button-wheel. left-right click. wheel to scroll wheel button to close tabs

6 buttons
daily

left
right
middle
forward
back
middle (thumb button)

youtube.com/watch?v=vLfAtCbE_Jc

>3 buttons
>left click
>right click
>hold middle makes mouse scroll ↕↔ instead of moving cursor
>TrackPoint™

I really like how it's ambidextrous

Three
I fire certain neurons in my brain to send impulses to the muscles in the appendage closest by the button to apply downward force until the switch mechanism buckles causing an electrical connection to be made which raises the voltage on one of the pins on the microprocessor inside the mouse which sends a serial data packet over a usb connection to the usb controller in my pc where a bit is set in memory which is regularly polled by the operating system to register a button press and send an event to the currently active application where the action taken is implementation-defined.

WHO IS THIS CUTE GIRL

19 (numpad on the side)
I use the '4' to get to Sup Forums really quick

>pic related

>he doesn't have a computer-brain interface
>he had to type that whole shitpost with his fingers instead of just thinking it.
Look at this pleb, look at him!

I've never had a mouse last more than three years. The USB connection on the econo one I'm using now is going, and the left click button is sticking, and it's only two years old. I used to buy expensive gaming mice and they don't last as long. I once bought a $150 gaming mouse and the cord fell apart within a year. It seems like the flashier the mouse is with the more parts and features it has, the sooner something breaks. So now I just buy simple mice for $15 and remove the little metal bar in the scroll wheel so I get smooth scrolling. It seems like a much smarter thing for me to do than blowing money on an expensive mouse every few years. I'm a heavy user so my experience might be different from yours.

six
tablet

only use the bottom 2

Is that you?

Four side buttons, a low-hi DPI toggle, M1/M2, and mousewheel

I use two of the side buttons for side scrolling and the other two for back/forward (or generic m4/m5 work

9 buttons (and wheel scroll). I use 7 of them, and the other two (to adjust the sensiblity) only when I do precision works.

20 or so
I use 12 of them for shortcuts in blender/photoshop/krita and media controls.

Logitech G700

Lots of buttons, and I have 2 profiles. One for general use that includes things like dpi on the fly, back, forward, refresh, ect. Another is a media profile for VLC that has stuff like subtitles, pause/play, skip, previous, ect.

Ooops, I forgot the two buttons on the bottom side. I rarely use them.

Razer Naga Epic (17 buttons)
>L/R/Middle Click
>Up/Down under scroll wheel
>12 thumb bottons
Not much use for the 12 buttons in everyday use but they are incredibly convenient for games. I do not enjoy number row bindings so I usually remap them to the mouse

Four buttons, two scroll wheels. Only use the normal two buttons/one scroll.

Left, right, middle, back, forward are all just default. Button behind scroll wheel is for dpi switching. Thumbrest button is Enter and gestures to open file manager, notification center, and switch desktops left/right.

i used to play wow arena with them.

I fell for the Corsair Meme, and the RGB Meme, and the 12000dpi Meme.

It's okay I guess. The back/forward buttons are really shitty though.

Forgot to count buttons:

I count 6 buttons: Left, Right, Middle/Wheel, Back, Forward, Sniper. I guess it's 8 buttons if you count the tiny dpi Increase/Decrease buttons.

Who dat happa?

CM and Corsair mice are pretty decent without being a meme, too bad they are filled with rgb garbage.

Left, Right, Middle, as well as two for the thumb. L/R/M for normal stuff, the side buttons for forward and back.

I've pretty much had the same experience with mice; if it weren't for logitech's warranty service I'd just use cheap, disposable opticals.

A long time ago I bought a g7. That broke, and so did its replacement. After that, I got a g9. That broke due to an issue with the cord wearing down where it meets the body of the mouse. The replacement broke for the same exact reason.

After that, I got some razer mouse that died right out of warranty with a broken left click. So, I went back to logitech with the g9x hoping they'd fixed the cord issue, and even if they didn't, I could just exchange it for (hopefully) a new model later on. They didn't fix the cord issue, but it did last long enough for me to get it replaced by a G502, which has lasted about two and a half years now. Aside from the back button snapping somewhere, and being loose now, the mouse has worked very well and they definitely fixed the cord issue that plagued the g9 and g9x.

2 plus the wheel on my anti-radar mouse :^)

pretty great mouse btw

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Csgo fag.

I have this mouse(2 actually as I live in 2 places home/work not mah divorced parents). I use the three finger buttons and m3. It's amazing having a button for your index finger. I used the 12 other buttons for like a day and then disabled them.

>14 Button Master Race

Like, half the games I play have hot-bars, which is absolutely wonderful for all these thumb buttons. My sweet fingers never have to leave WASD

3 (if you're counting middle click)
Just like a normal person would do.
Why would I need more than 3 buttons?

2 main buttons
scroll wheel that clicks left/right/down
12 buttons on the side
razer naga, been using it since it came out in 1985

it's me. don't hit on me silly boys :3

9. It's a G9x. I use left, right, middle, tilt and scroll wheel for their normal uses, and I use the thumb buttons for browser forward and browser back. It has the DPI adjustment buttons too, but I only ever use them when my DPI somehow gets adjusted to the wrong setting.

Man I never even noticed that profile button. I'm guessing that only works with the logitech driver in Windows.

g402
the buttons just left of left click are pg up/dn

the others are csgo macros that i dont use.

5 to go back and go forward.

I had one of these and I always wondered why I couldn't map the top two and bottom two to do different things. I turned off the touchpad and used the red dot.

>software control
Which one? I have a G600 too and since I got it i've only used the onboard memory profiles, since a single profile plus the g-shift is barely enough for the shortcuts I use in many program it gets the job but I want to make it more efficient. Last I checked the Logitech Software only autodetects games, no?

>How many buttons
>How do you use them?
-Scripts
-Program specific scripts/shortcuts (my mouses software allows it)

Aside from the standard two buttons and one scroll wheel click, two along the side just above my thumb. Let's me switch between workspaces.

Razer Naga here. Tried the g600 for a few days, but it doesn't fit my hand as well as the Naga. Map buttons to refresh page, copy paste and some photoshop keys. Feels good :^)

>Not using an orbweaver/G13 with a better mouse

JUST...

G-Shift just kicked in, yo.

What happened to her? I doesn't find she anymore on Facebook.

I use them all in Photoshop.

Honestly, it sounds like dirt problems. I've had various mice for the past couple decades and they all still work, including the PS/2 ones. A couple had the main buttons grow weak, but I pop them open, rework the metal springs and they're back in action. Sluggish wheels require cleaning, especially around the axles. Favorite is the MX Revolution still going on 10 years or whatever.

Logitech Gaming Software will autodetect any software, but it is a buggy piece of shit. Literally locks up my PC. I only use it to hardware program my G600 and terminate it. 3 profiles is plenty, and I prefer other more flexible macro programs anyway.

3, I click them

For the extra buttons, volume up/down and win+tab.

(Logitech MX750 Marathon)

can someone recommend a mouse with control alt and shift buttons on the side? I have a chinky one but it sucks and won't turn on sometimes so I need a new one

What mouse?

>left
>right
>middle
>middle scroll
>free middle scroll on/off
>horizontal scroll
>side button 1 (Forward)
>side button 2 (Back)

Sometimes, I will rebind Side Button 1/2 to the thing I need, but most of the days it's pretty standard. Wish more applications supported horizontal scrolling though.

2 and a scroll wheel. I use them like normal.

Depends on what computer I am using
>Desktop
8, left/middle/right, dpi change, and 3 hotkeys to do important shit with
>Laptop
3, left/middle/right
>Mobile
Depends on whether or not I'm using my bluetooth stuff with it, 0-3

Left, right, middle click, and 2 on the thumb.
I never use mouse-wheel click. That shit is dumb especially when every mouse I've had has required a lot of pressure and travel to click the middle.

I sometimes use the side buttons. Like in Dota2 one is select hero, and one is select non-hero units which makes playing Visage and shit easy.

Outside of games, I have no use for them. Keyboard shortcuts are more efficient.

>and I prefer other more flexible macro programs anyway.
Like? Do you use it in conjunction with AutoHotkey? I've thought about doing this but don't know how to make my own scripts.

gay

yes, yes.

fuck you data harvester.

Pretty sure you can map the bottom two to pretty much anything. Or does that change the top ones function, too?

Yeah, I use AutoHotkey. I don't currently do the following, but I've tried it out and it does work. You can bind the thumb keys G9-G20 to keys F13-F24. That way, you don't lose any keyboard keys to macro binds (assuming you don't have a keyboard with F13-F24). So how do you press F12-F24 to enter in the mouse program? I temporarily used a macro script that converted F1-F12 to F13-F24.

>You can bind the thumb keys G9-G20 to keys F13-F24. That way, you don't lose any keyboard keys to macro binds (assuming you don't have a keyboard with F13-F24). So how do you press F12-F24 to enter in the mouse program? I temporarily used a macro script that converted F1-F12 to F13-F24.
Thanks for this, losing keys to binds was one of the reasons I had avoided doing similar. AutoHotkey has program awarness as far as I know so this makes making a sort of "universal" profile for different programs easier. Hope it works for volume and music controls too, then it'd make this mouse even better.

G600s

So like 18 I guess

Only use for mmos.

>Last I checked the Logitech Software only autodetects games, no?
You can manually add additional programs to it

>Literally locks up my PC
Buy a better PC m80, never had any problems here

I don't have a mouse. My trackpad has one button, I use it by pressing it.

Buy a more powerful PC because Logitech can't into a simple macro program?

LOL, right.

>I'm a poorfag
Understood

Left right normal use
mouse wheel click for opening a new tab
2 Buttons for speed up and down( cs go on lower settings)
3 thumb buttons:
front thumb for forward on browsing and reloading on cs go
middle thumb not in use
back thumb for back in browser and no other use

I use middle click to open tabs like crazy to the point of discomfort. Doesn't help that the G403 has a ridiculously stiff middle mouse button.
I never use the DPI button though.