Goodbye, you piece of shit (Winblows 10). Welcome back, good friend ^.^ (Windows 7)

Goodbye, you piece of shit (Winblows 10). Welcome back, good friend ^.^ (Windows 7)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0pZenO380cb
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3053711/high-cpu-use-by-taskhost.exe-when-windows-8.1-user-name-contains-user
askvg.com/microsoft-windows-seven-bug-report/
cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-26/product_id-17153/hasexp-1/Microsoft-Windows-7.html
linuxmint.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>a thread died for this

>Windows 7 came out 22 years ago

Lol

What's wrong with win10? It's great in all aspects!

go back to windows 10!

thank you!

vocaroo.com/i/s0pZenO380cb

It's bad in every single aspect. A bugfest and performance is worse than 7 in every benchmark I've done in the past week or so that I've been using 10.

I miss bebe posting

>performance
what, are you running a server off it?

Sup Forums tards never cease to amaze

I mean daily usage performance is worse on 10. Be it CPU bound activity or GPU.

:x

nice blog retard, keep me updated please

>Ultimate
how to spot a retard. Useless bloat

I have license for it, got it for free as I was a tester. Everyone who used 7 during beta testing period got Ultimate key.

link doesnt work

>1440
>No DPI scaling

You trying to go blind?

It's a 28in monitor, Asus PA279q. No need for scaling.

>not having two partitions for Linux and Windows with the latter strictly for vidya

Dual booting 7 and Debian Jessie.

And yet videogames get higher fps, the most performance demanding programs.

Makes u think.

I tested games as well, they were constantly getting lower fps. Not by much, but constantly lower on 10 compared to 7.

Strange, had the opposite effect on my system.

Friendship ended with windows 10, windows 7 is now my best friend

>FRIENDSHIP ENDED WITH WINDOWS 10
>now
>WINDOWS 7 IS MY BEST FRIEND

top fucking kek

get a load of this fucking tripfag

yeah, what's up

Kys

> Any version of Windows
> Wise

Pick one.

>videogames tailor themselves to run better on shitty OS than good OS because shitty OS is what most will use
>shitty OS must be superior

No. You

It's faster at most things

It's a shame it's a buggy botnet with mandatory features

>It's faster at most things
It's slower in everything. Including scrolling in a folder with images. 7 is fast, 10 locks every two-three scrolls. Archiving with 7-zip is also faster, encoding with ffmpeg also faster. Hell, even the boot which everyone praises, is slower on 10 compared to 7.

Just install Linux dude, windows 7 will die soon

>windows 7 will
..get extended support just like XP, so I'm fine with that.

>Windows 7 came out 96 months ago
>Windows 7 came out 2928 days ago

FUCK WINDOWS

>videogames
>the most performance demanding programs.

Don't know about you but if I had to stick to an older product because the newer one is trash it's a massive redflag for me

I've been using linux as my sole operating system for the past decade, so I don't know much about Windows anymore.

I'm about to start using a windows 10 VM instead of a windows 7 VM, what do I need to do after install to remove things? I'll be using a legit key from MSDN, so no concerns with cracking. I'd just prefer to not use a microsoft account, no Cortana Shit, no fullscreen applications, no wierd start menu, just normal Windows.

thanks in advanced.

Why would I switch to Linux when Windows 7, even with updates disabled, is a much better system? Runs everything perfectly.

>updates disabled
Enjoy your security exploits and lack of performance optimization patches

Get the LTSB iso then google it. You'll spend a few days disablinn everything that can be disabled. And even then shit still pings microsoft and google (yes, google, for some chromecast check apparently)

>performance optimization
You're joking, right? Or you have no idea of what you're talking about.

>8.1
And that issue is "wont fix". Does not affect 7 anyway.

That was a demonstration of performance patch, retard

That's not a performance patch, it's a bug affecting only 8.1 and won't ever get fixed
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3053711/high-cpu-use-by-taskhost.exe-when-windows-8.1-user-name-contains-user

>Resolution
>To resolve the issue, do not create a user account containing the string "user" on the computer.

>it's a bug affecting only 8.1
Are you implying there are not bugs in windows 7?

Such issues? No. Even in 8 that's the only one.

askvg.com/microsoft-windows-seven-bug-report/

LUL

>things patched in 7601. the blogpost
well done

So, why would you update to build 7601 when there are prior builds? You seem to imply updates aren't necessary and vanilla 7 was perfect?

Why am I even arguing with this braindead mororn anyway

First windows is shit, you should use a good OS. Second, stop shitting up Sup Forums with your stupid attention-whore name, only retards actually believe that you are female and you need to stop.

7601 is available as standalone iso, with no need of updating. I don't know why you're trying so desperately to find bugs in 7 when you first mentioned security then performance. Even the best Linux distribution out there is no match for it in terms of usability and hardware compatibility. Performance too.

>a good OS
A good OS like a Linux distribution> Like when the whole DE crashes leaving me with a black screen and the PC ON with the only solution being hard shutdown? Linux runs well in idle, use it and the whole thing falls apart.

Maybe use a different DE then, there are like a million of them. Also stop with the namefagging.

I used GNOME2 and Cinnamon currently since GNOME3 is shit, worse than even 10 in terms of consistency.

I truely wonder why am I in this thread any longer.

>7601 is available as standalone iso
>no need for updating
Why? Are you waiting for another blogpost that compiles all the bugs and errors that ISO contains? I don't think anyone's going to bother because they already moved to either windows 10 or Linux.

>security
cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-26/product_id-17153/hasexp-1/Microsoft-Windows-7.html
Oh boy, literally no updates required.

>Even the best Linux distribution out there is no match for it in terms of usability and hardware compatibility. Performance too.
I'm not the idiot that things Linux and Windows work the same way. Linux optimizations work in different aspects, since it's not a hybrid kernel. And yes, Linux does perform better than windows in many major areas. That's why from mainframes and supercomputers to handheld embedded devices run on Linux.

Then again, you are just an opinionated moron that's grasping on the straws so badly.

If cinnamon is crashing on you then you could try use mate, it's made to look like gnome 2. NOW TURN OFF THE NAME.

Point to me where GNOME3 is inconsistent

>things
thinks*

>downloading a botnet with a botnet to get away from the bigger botnet

linuxmint.com/

This. Gnome 3 may be a little different design-wise but it is certainly consistent.

Context menu in explorer vs the one on desktop which is fucking huge even for a touchscreen device.

>mate
At this point I could just use 7 which never crashed couldn't I?

>no updates required
Performance wise which you initially claimed before going in full famage control? There are no performance issues. Security, of course vulnerabilities are to be found once the s/w becomes more complex. Linux is no different.

>Context menu in explorer vs the one on desktop which is fucking huge
1/2

2/2

Immediately kill yourself

>install 10 to try it out
>ok yep it's osx with the windows logo on it
>try to format my disk with my w7 boot usb
>u cant do that lol w7 is too old :))
>end up having to download an ubuntu livecd and boot into that just so i can format my drive
epich

I don't care about your modified theme. Get the Debian (GNOME) iso and the poat screenshots.

Use Gparted

>modified theme.
As vanilla as it gets.

Do yourself a favour and stop posting instead of getting BTFO repeatedly

>not using just gnome shell with your personal selection of gtk programs

That's modified. Again, install the Debian GNOME iso, then post screenshot.

And then end up with more things that could possibly break. As if there aren't enough already on Linux.

That's the default adwaita theme, idiot. The default adwaita theme comes ootb in all distros except for Gentoo, Source Mage etc

>breakage over software selection
tha fuck you on about m8

>dumb phone poster
It all makes sense

How the fuck is W10 like OSX?

Both are shit.

>t. Unemployed neckbeard living in a basement

Just go back to Russia, you scumbag fuck.

So it comes in your distro, whatever you're using, but in no other ones. So much for not being a modified theme..

I actually work as a pharmacist (: Drinking my morning coffee and will leave in about half an hour.

windows 2000 came out 2000 years ago

Filter this namefag.
Don't respond to this namefag.
Stop bumping this namefag's thread.

It doesn't.

I agree but you're a namefag too

good idea

>Newfags don't know about sage in all fields.

BUMP

It's in extended support now. Mainstream support ended last year. I think that just means MS won't answer the phone and help you anymore.

>soon
7 will be patched for another three years.

ewwindows, the worst edition, and it's from the previous decade

install plan 9
install bsd
install linux
install os x

I need Windows 10 to play Halo Wars 2 how do I get it for free now that the upgrade period is over?

Friendship ended with WINDOWS 10
Now WINDOWS 7 is my best friend

Did the same, took all of 1 day to return to 10 when you realise Windows 7 doesn't do hover inactive scrolling.

Where do I get those russian valid W10 keys?
I want it for free, but don't want to pirate it.

It does.

>that redundant bar on top wasting precious screen space