LINUX IS FINISHED

is Linux finally finished!?!

>Bash environment to run tools like awk, sed, and grep.
>Basic features for languages, such as NodeJS / npm, Python, Perl, Git.
>Command line editor, including vi, emacs, and ssh.
>Linux user support.
>Symlink support.
>Ability to run apt and apt-get for updates and package testing.
>Ability to mount local a local hard drive using /mnt

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=992
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LINTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH HAHAHAHA

"sudo apt-get install emacs"
"Press Yes to install"
"To download this app please rate 5 stars in the Windows Store"
wow how can linux even compete with winfdings

It still spies on you. The Pajeetware is in the kernel, and no placebo program from a shady chink website can fully block the privacy issues. That's how GNU can compete. Linux is just the kernel, you stupid piece of shit.

Daily reminder that paid shills and trolls from Microsoft are destroying Linux

That's like saying Windows is finished since i can run WIndows programs in Wine and full Windows in KVM.

>Command line editor, including vi, emacs, and ssh.
Do you even know what SSH is?

can't run cuda
still spyware unless you run enterprise edition

>Linux exists
>even if it runs inside a terminal shell in Windows it's still Linux
>as long as Linux exists it can't be finished even if that means running it in a terminal shell in Windows
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

It's a better editor than emacs.

edit the kernal files to remove redundancy programs you don't want perhaps, or just choose a different distro that doesn't do that stuff

>embrace, extend, extinguish

It is still a proprietary operating system.

For some reason, I couldnt really install anything using Find-Package/Install-Package commands in PowerShell. It download stuff but never install it, even if I specify target location.

And?

I never really understood that part. I mean, I can understand people disliking having to pay for legal software, but calling something bad just because its "proprietary" is silly.

For example, I still consider older Opera (pre-Chromium) as really good and one of the best browsers (I still use, to be honest). Yet, I was frequently running into people shitting on Opera and when I was asking for reasons, the only thing they could say was "ITS PROPRIETARY".

>LINUX IS FINISHED

But Windows is literally running Linux... I'd say Linux is winning if anything.

>linux is finished with a sorry excuse of runtime emulation of linux
>ssh as a cli editor

Now play with ping if you can.

>Only uses 7GB of ram to accomplish this, too!
>Spyware and AIDS everywhere.

Delayed patches. When it's open at least you know who is in charge, but this way you are just a cuck.

Google makes fun of you.
bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=992

Get fedora/ubuntu, run this garbage in a VM when you really, really wanna see ads.

>trolling

mad that Linux is obsolete?

Weird, because my Win 10 uses 1,5gb of RAM. 2,5 when Firefox is open.

Just run bare metal linux.
No winshit cuckold botnet malware garbage layer required.
Winbabies have panic attacks when they see a command line anway.

You can be a clown in a datacenter.

When these fucking kids get off Sup Forums

My archlinux uses 1.5gb of RAM with 2 Firefox windows opened, 20 tabs and pictures opened on desktop + Nautilus and vim. What's your excuse?

When you stop reply to it. It's easy to hide them.

No. Linux desktop never had a chance to begin with, it's the sole province of nerds and developers looking to cut their teeth in open source.

Windows Server will never, EVER replace Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntu, or other popular server OSes. It's pretty much only useful for activedirectory and administering a bunch of Windows computers in an office or academic environment.

It's more like Windows is irrelevant today, substandard to OSX for content creators and mostly considered a nuisance dependency by PC gamers for all the botnet overhead. Every corporate player who needs Microsoft Office probably already has it, pointlessly shelling out for RibbonOffice instead of using the far superior LibreOffice for FREE.

My OS actually works.

I've noticed that there has been a sharp increase in the number of shills on Sup Forums,Sup Forums and Sup Forums ever since Hiro joot took over. I hate the faggot, but I really wish mot stayed instead of gookmoot

WINDOWS IS FINISHED

Proof

Im triggered. brb getting mc flurry.

>windows 10

I kind of noticed that too. Its almost as if Sup Forums has become a consumer grade forum that is designed to discreetly advertise their products by using memes and 4chin's normal rhetoric. I cant see a logical person really giving a shit about what someone else uses, unless they are advertising. Logical people don't care and use what works for them.

Do you have a good tech/programming related site?
Sup Forums is long dead and filled with shills and /v kids.

Lainchan's lambda is good for programming, /sec/ for security and /tech/ is good for technology but it's kinda slow. The same goes for 8chen's /prog/ and /tech/; slow but ultimately high quality posts

Thank you sir.

Until you can install XFCE and replace the desktop or install Thunar/Nemo and replace the file manager, why even bother?

Can I sudo apt-get install darksouls3 now

WSL doesn't use linux, it works like Wine

apt-get buy darksouls3
CHARGE $60 TO ACCOUNT [y/n]
y